First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I blew it up and don’t see what you see. I see the dirty knob on the shifter and ignition on the dash. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’d offer three like Phil said. The realtor needs this gone and probably doesn’t want to deal with it. If the people who bought the house find out what they have there they may work out a deal to have it thrown in. I just found out a house here that I’ve always liked sold and included an RV because the elderly woman didn’t want to deal with it after the husband passed.
Here’s a photo from a ‘74 as opposed to the ’72 or ‘73 shown by OP. You are right, the thing that I said looked like an ignition switch is the shifter boss. Not sure what the big circular thing is. The steering wheel is not original, which is not unusual since a lot of people used after market. The hazard switch shown on the ‘74 is not shown in the OP’s photos.
Ford Bronco Older Bronco, who can identify? 7E59DE94-330B-4531-BDB3-636EDC942F12
Sponsored

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Damn this is the kind of excitement we needed on this forum again!!
Frankly, YES. I have not been here long at all. But other forums I am on, military jeeps, Mustang GT, and such need this occasional spark. I came here to get info on ordering my new Bronco. See what "the talk" on the street was among members. Its been disheartining, the LONG WAIT, ORDERING ETC. And honestly, this has been fun for me. And thank you guys for all the replies. I see the differance of excitement, newlife, it has been. 👍

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@Glen if your friend is interested, as someone else suggested, take some cash and make a deal. If you were to post where it actually is sitting, I’d bet you’d probably have 5 guys there tomorrow to either buy it or help your friend with the purchase and also with a better understanding of what it is. The VIN is the key and a few posters have given locations of it. Get that then you can do internet search on the vin that will tell the story. https://www.martiauto.com/martireports.cfm
for $20 you can get a basic report about that particular vehicle.
For free, just follow my links.

http://www.broncohio.com/tech/ebvins.html

http://www.broncohio.com/tech/broncochart.html

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here’s a photo from a ‘74 as opposed to the ’72 or ‘73 shown by OP. You are right, the thing that I said looked like an ignition switch is the shifter boss. Not sure what the big circular thing is. The steering wheel is not original, which is not unusual since a lot of people used after market. The hazard switch shown on the ‘74 is not shown in the OP’s photos.
Ford Bronco Older Bronco, who can identify? 7E59DE94-330B-4531-BDB3-636EDC942F12
The shifter boss is from the orginal three on the tree shifter arm.

Looks like a newer four speed has been added to the floor.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
what you are seeing is somewhat of an illusion op photo taken looking almost direct at the end of the shifter which has a bend in so looks like an ignition key hole but that column is stock except for the steering wheel

Ford Bronco Older Bronco, who can identify? 1632102758596

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's going to be a 72' or 73' with a vin that starts u15GLP or u15GLQ. Those two were notorious for mix matched 72/73 parts that overlapped.

Also Broncohio has quite a few mistakes. Have him get a pic of the warranty plate on the back of the glove box door and I can tell you more. We do threads like this almost daily on classicbroncos lol.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The shifter boss is from the orginal three on the tree shifter arm.

Looks like a newer four speed has been added to the floor.
Yep thats the old shifter boss on the column. I took the column shifter off and converted to the floor shifter. But it remained three speed. I guess four if you count reverse. Twelve years later and way too much dinero later shifter went back on a Flaming River column but was connected to a C4 auto, still three forward speeds.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
what you are seeing is somewhat of an illusion op photo taken looking almost direct at the end of the shifter which has a bend in so looks like an ignition key hole but that column is stock except for the steering wheel

Ah yes, now I can see it, thanks!

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yep thats the old shifter boss on the column. I took the column shifter off and converted to the floor shifter. But it remained three speed. I guess four if you count reverse. Twelve years later and way too much dinero later shifter went back on a Flaming River column but was connected to a C4 auto, still three forward speeds.
I once had a 70 ford maverick that was converted from 3 tree to 3 floor and they left the column shifter boss on the column

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wasnt 72/73 the year change for Dana 30 to Dana 44?

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
Frankly, YES. I have not been here long at all. But other forums I am on, military jeeps, Mustang GT, and such need this occasional spark. I came here to get info on ordering my new Bronco. See what "the talk" on the street was among members. Its been disheartining, the LONG WAIT, ORDERING ETC. And honestly, this has been fun for me. And thank you guys for all the replies. I see the differance of excitement, newlife, it has been. 👍
Welcome aboard the roller coaster. There have been a lot of ups and downs over the past year on this forum. Some very high exciting times and some very low dark times, but it's been pretty boring lately I must say. Kudos for igniting this spark (y)

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Worth $6k all day long, especially if D44. I have yet to see any rust in the pictures. I would freshen up the fuel and brake systems and DRIVE THAT BISH! 🚀

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First off. I dont know if this topic goes here or not. So MODS, feel free to delete. Now, my friend this morning went to go look at a house to buy. It just got sold. But in the backyard, he looks under a tarp. Finds this old Bronco. The realtor said he could have it for 6 grand. It needs work. Sorry for the crap pictures. Can you guys tell me anything about it, year or anything. Thank you.

Interior looks good and that’s definitely a newer top which means a bunch of other stuff has likely been done I’d buy it
Sponsored