Sponsored

On Demand vs Full Time Auto 4x4 - what difference ?

GarageMahal

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is not addressing the gear ratio difference which is another plus.
Please elaborate. Are you saying the gearing is different for the Part-time vs. Advanced option?

Edit: I did find this thread showing the ratios are different but I don't know where that information came from. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/gear-ratio-speed-calculator-2-3l-2-7l-manual-and-auto.3561/

I was planning to stick with the part-time as I do believe in driving in 2H in nearly all conditions (lots of snow here) and resevering 4H for getting out of trouble. The lower gearing may change my mind however with the addition of 4A a nice bonus.
Sponsored

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Please elaborate. Are you saying the gearing is different for the Part-time vs. Advanced option?
Yes... when you add the Advanced, it changes your final gear ratio with or without Sasquatch... and it would appear that Sasquatch requires the Advanced as well to accomplish the final 4.7 ratio.

Actually re-read the spec sheet on the gear ratios and saw this

Standard: 4x4 2.72:2
Advanced 4x4 3.06:1

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does the bronco use vacuum to lock the hubs like on the f150? It is an interesting design, not many other manufacturers do that.

Goat4454

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. Even my truck with no center diff is fine just switching to 4H when it gets slick out. Just need to remember to switch it back to 2H if the road gets better or that binding will give you a mini heart attack lol.
I think of 4A as a tool for people who don’t want to have to remember when it needs to go into 4H or 2H. Just set and forget will be useful for many people here it seems that don’t want to think about what they need to be in.

I will give my .02 cents and say on most normal roads you will not need to be in 4H during the winters depending on where you live. Please please remember that if you are in 4H you are not invincible as ice will still get you no matter how many wheels are pushing. You should not be in 4H above around 55mph. If this is your first 4x4 please educate yourself and review everything. I’ve had to pull out several people from ditches each year and a majority of them were 4x4 suv who thought they could go as fast as they wanted. I have not personally found a time that I needed 4H on during winters driving on normal roads. I have 35’s and a rear locker and that always got me through just fine.
Wait, When would you use a rear locker during on road driving ?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait, When would you use a rear locker during on road driving ?
You don’t use a rear locker on the road unless you are physically stuck and need to get more torque to pull yourself out. Sorry I should have clarified I meant if I get stuck the 35’s and rear locker will always be there to help me get out.
Sponsored