Reaction score
Website
modcrate.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If this is open source free type stuff I'd be happy to chip in for your file transfer. If you're doing it as a business then sounds like it might be worth your investment.

I want to get a set of your blue latch plates and bushings, but i'm stuck in production for 6 weeks now with zero info as to why. Last year they held my soft top for 9 months and shipped it with a stop sale recall I had to wait another month for once it arrived at the dealer. I'm not going to wait again. If they can't figure it out when I get home from vacation in a couple weeks I'm buying something else. Sick of Ford's lies and BS with this Bronco launch i've been waiting 3 years now

I'll have plenty of stock. I am going on a road trip with my kids, I am going to launch a big sale while I'm gone. If you place an order I can reserve stock and hold fulfillment until you receive your Bronco.
Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One more design idea: Instead of the large slanted water tank behind the drawer (not sure on space allowance), here's the same system with two VAAST water tanks up above the fridge. The advantage here is that they'd be much more portable if you wanted to use them elsewhere at the camp site.

Ford Bronco Open-Source: Trunk Storage System (Open TSS) Bronco Cargo System - VAAST

OP
OP
Russ.Cere

Russ.Cere

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modcrate.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If this is open source free type stuff I'd be happy to chip in for your file transfer. If you're doing it as a business then sounds like it might be worth your investment.

I want to get a set of your blue latch plates and bushings, but i'm stuck in production for 6 weeks now with zero info as to why. Last year they held my soft top for 9 months and shipped it with a stop sale recall I had to wait another month for once it arrived at the dealer. I'm not going to wait again. If they can't figure it out when I get home from vacation in a couple weeks I'm buying something else. Sick of Ford's lies and BS with this Bronco launch i've been waiting 3 years now

I'd use a membership for both open source stuff and my private business projects. I'm incredibly grateful for the offer. Due to how ill use a membership it's something I have to manage on my own.

OP
OP
Russ.Cere

Russ.Cere

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modcrate.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One more design idea: Instead of the large slanted water tank behind the drawer (not sure on space allowance), here's the same system with two VAAST water tanks up above the fridge. The advantage here is that they'd be much more portable if you wanted to use them elsewhere at the camp site.

Ford Bronco Open-Source: Trunk Storage System (Open TSS) Bronco Cargo System - VAAST
I've been enjoying your mock-ups. I think I'll have to focus on making brackets and parts around 80/20 rail. Would you mind sharing your file for the fridge?

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd use a membership for both open source stuff and my private business projects. I'm incredibly grateful for the offer. Due to how ill use a membership it's something I have to manage on my own.

That's great!

Followed your roadtrip sale advice and ordered a plate and set of bushings just now.

You and your kids have a great trip!

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any updates on this project? Specifically for the 2 door?

OP
OP
Russ.Cere

Russ.Cere

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modcrate.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any updates on this project? Specifically for the 2 door?
I don't have any two door updates. I should have some parts finished late next week for attaching 80/20 rail. I'll be checking fitment and what not.

OP
OP
Russ.Cere

Russ.Cere

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modcrate.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just a quick update while I wait for additional parts. I made this brackets that can be used to mount 80/20 rail 15 series to the bottom of the roof cap. I'll post addition pictures when I rig up the shelf.

20230810_145312.jpg

20230810_145315.jpg

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For the curious, this is what can be done with it. This is still a work in progress, but I had a fair bit of progress this weekend, figured I'd share for those wanting ideas.

1692028005973.png
replying to my own post as a follow-up for what the final product looks like.

Ford Bronco Open-Source: Trunk Storage System (Open TSS) 1692380797847

Got around to installing some polymat on the top, and installing the flip panel
Ford Bronco Open-Source: Trunk Storage System (Open TSS) 1692380913186

Ford Bronco Open-Source: Trunk Storage System (Open TSS) 1692381014912

Ford Bronco Open-Source: Trunk Storage System (Open TSS) 1692381230708

Some caveats to save other people the headaches.

The left side near the door has to be at least 1 1/8-1 1/4 back from the front end of the floorboard, or the door bulge will not clear. The left side riser has to be about the same distance away from the wall, or a drawer on slides will not clear.

Angling the platform to the front of the truck was also necessary to help the drawer clear the plastic outer on the fascia of the trunk. I got some 1/8" rubber washers and stuffed 1 under each of the rear mounts, and 3 under the front mounts so that it angles up, and doesn't squeak and rattle going down the road.

You will lose the factory jack location, but the factory jack is kinda flimsy, and a 4ton bottle jack fits in the black bin just fine. a 10"x12" access panel was cut into the floor to get at it, and then just router'd out a hole to be able to remove it.
The area in front of the drawers was intentionally left empty for some storage of random soft crap for camping, (sleeping pads, ponchos, etc)

All in all, super happy with the aesthetics and functionality, even if gorilla me built it. I kinda almost want to build another just to not make the same mistakes I did the first time.

Thanks again to @Russ.Cere for the knowledge sharing.

OP
OP
Russ.Cere

Russ.Cere

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modcrate.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I apologize. I have had some trouble with sales and have cancelled the hosting for this project. If anyone needs the project files I still have them. Contact me directly and I will get them to you.

griderob

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2007 Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This might be a good opportunity to post up the files on GitLab or something similar.

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had an itch to work on designing something a little more versatile... I present the Modular Cargo Platform (MCP)

Using 10 series extrusion as a frame, this will increase rigidity and platform security. Additionally, horizontal T-slot tracks run the width of the cargo area to provide flexible mounting points for tie down anchors, fridge slides, leveling platform, or whatever you can imagine. Large panel access to the cargo storage areas is maintained, with split access for the larger one (in case something is mounted on one side or the other).

This is still just a concept. I've got other priorities at the moment, but hoping to build something like this soon.

Ford Bronco Open-Source: Trunk Storage System (Open TSS) Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 5.35.12 PM

OP
OP
Russ.Cere

Russ.Cere

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modcrate.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had an itch to work on designing something a little more versatile... I present the Modular Cargo Platform (MCP)

Using 10 series extrusion as a frame, this will increase rigidity and platform security. Additionally, horizontal T-slot tracks run the width of the cargo area to provide flexible mounting points for tie down anchors, fridge slides, leveling platform, or whatever you can imagine. Large panel access to the cargo storage areas is maintained, with split access for the larger one (in case something is mounted on one side or the other).

This is still just a concept. I've got other priorities at the moment, but hoping to build something like this soon.

Ford Bronco Open-Source: Trunk Storage System (Open TSS) Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 5.35.12 PM
Love this idea! I experimented with a tracked version as well, didn't look as nice as yours.
Sponsored