Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The trails around Marble, CO are rated accurately. People attempt them in Lexus and Subaru to their getting stopped by terrain they can't handle. 10 1/2 hours in 4L having fun over 2 days in July.
I'm really interested in doing those at some point, and they don't seem too terrible, but definitely a step up from what I'm used to, I think.
Sponsored

BulldogBuck

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think Black Bear is my next Badge of Honor. That or Poughkeepsie.
We were in Ouray in late August and hit Imogene, Ophir, Poughkeepsie, Mineral Creek, Engineer, Cinnamon, California, Hurricane and Corkscrew. Black Bear was still closed due to snow. Poughkeepsie was by far the most technical. Going up The Wall went very good. It's all about picking the line. We had a group of Jeeps come through while we were eating our lunch up on the rocks in the middle and only 1 of them made it up. The other 3 (2 Rubicons on 35's and 1 Gladiator on 35's) got hung up in the V and had to be winched up. They absolutely could have made it up but all 3 missed the line by about 6-10 inches and slid in. They were all nice guys but I sure did make it known before the 1st guy got stuck that there was a Bronco sitting right up over the ridge that made it just fine. I've got all 3 on video not making it!! There are several more obstacles after The Wall. I thought the last 1 was harder than The Wall and that's where I probably had my hardest hit on the skids and sliders all week.
Ford Bronco Ophir Pass, CO - Badge of Honor (Oct 2023) with Bronco Black Diamond The Wall
Ford Bronco Ophir Pass, CO - Badge of Honor (Oct 2023) with Bronco Black Diamond Poughkeepsie

OP
OP
Nate Train

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We were in Ouray in late August and hit Imogene, Ophir, Poughkeepsie, Mineral Creek, Engineer, Cinnamon, California, Hurricane and Corkscrew. Black Bear was still closed due to snow. Poughkeepsie was by far the most technical. Going up The Wall went very good. It's all about picking the line. We had a group of Jeeps come through while we were eating our lunch up on the rocks in the middle and only 1 of them made it up. The other 3 (2 Rubicons on 35's and 1 Gladiator on 35's) got hung up in the V and had to be winched up. They absolutely could have made it up but all 3 missed the line by about 6-10 inches and slid in. They were all nice guys but I sure did make it known before the 1st guy got stuck that there was a Bronco sitting right up over the ridge that made it just fine. I've got all 3 on video not making it!! There are several more obstacles after The Wall. I thought the last 1 was harder than The Wall and that's where I probably had my hardest hit on the skids and sliders all week.
Ford Bronco Ophir Pass, CO - Badge of Honor (Oct 2023) with Bronco Black Diamond Poughkeepsie
Great photos!

All those trails interest me. I've done Engineer also. Poughkeepsie particularly interests me, but I don't think my Bronco could do the Wall - I'm on the stock 32s w/ no lift for my Black Diamond. I'm still willing to try it, though...

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Did Ophir a couple of times years ago. Don't do it any more. As others have said it's not that hard and for us there is better scenery on other trails in the area. For those with family that are scared of heights there are some scenic ones that are really easy. Owl Creek and Last Dollar can be done in 2 wheel drive. Imogene is one of our favorites but does introduce actually 4 wheeling. And of course the Alpine Loop which a lot of the other trials intersect. Pick up a off road trails book before you go or in Ouray and it will have all the trails and ratings. We have a vacation home in Ouray and have done all the trails except Black Bear which my wife refuses to do.

OP
OP
Nate Train

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did Ophir a couple of times years ago. Don't do it any more. As others have said it's not that hard and for us there is better scenery on other trails in the area. For those with family that are scared of heights there are some scenic ones that are really easy. Owl Creek and Last Dollar can be done in 2 wheel drive. Imogene is one of our favorites but does introduce actually 4 wheeling. And of course the Alpine Loop which a lot of the other trials intersect. Pick up a off road trails book before you go or in Ouray and it will have all the trails and ratings. We have a vacation home in Ouray and have done all the trails except Black Bear which my wife refuses to do.
My ladyfriend lives in Montrose, so Ouray is easy for us to get to. I showed her a video of Black Bear once, and she went "nope." I think I'll be able to convince her, though. As you can see from the video, she did the toughest part of Ophir, and she's gotten a lot less tense on the shelf roads.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Went over Ophir Pass back in October and finally got around to editing the video. I really felt like Ophir was way easier than it's rated, and I'm not sure it should be called a "Badge of Honor" trail. Really nothing too technical or challenging, and it's quite short. It was definitely fun, and just like the rest of Colorado, had incredibly beautiful views, especially with fall colors. We even saw another moose, which seems to be our calling card for Bronco adventures. Enjoy the video!

Awesome footage, Nate!

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great vids. Thanks. Hoping to head out to the Alpine Loop next summer with my fam in our 2 door non-sas base.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Went over Ophir Pass back in October and finally got around to editing the video. I really felt like Ophir was way easier than it's rated, and I'm not sure it should be called a "Badge of Honor" trail. Really nothing too technical or challenging, and it's quite short. It was definitely fun, and just like the rest of Colorado, had incredibly beautiful views, especially with fall colors. We even saw another moose, which seems to be our calling card for Bronco adventures. Enjoy the video!

So, tell me about this "bestslopebronco" thing, I'm also a best slope resident.

OP
OP
Nate Train

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, tell me about this "bestslopebronco" thing, I'm also a best slope resident.
Oh, it's just the name for my YouTube channel. But maybe we could start a club.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like this one was literally as difficult as the picture. Could easily do it in a rental car. I don’t see the notes I remember but my sister in law did it with no experience in a bone stock 2000 tundra on Michelin street tires and somehow this doofus said it’s difficult
There's a road out there that a rental car can't do? News to me. :LOL:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nate Train

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's a road out there that a rental car can't do? News to me. :LOL:
All depends on whether you bought the optional insurance or not. 😉

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh, it's just the name for my YouTube channel. But maybe we could start a club.
Thanks, I'm not too social when it comes to trail running, but chatting about Broncos and parts swapping, west slope exclusive would be good. Maybe a group on this forum?

OP
OP
Nate Train

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks, I'm not too social when it comes to trail running, but chatting about Broncos and parts swapping, west slope exclusive would be good. Maybe a group on this forum?
Haha. Me neither. But I think there is a Colorado section of the forum.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Num Num

Wildtrak
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota....
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The western slope is not quite as communist as the front range😁. Mom lives between grand junction and montrose. We have plans the head back up that way this summer and Imogene is on the list. We have friends here that are jeep folks and when we got the Bronco I asked them where they go, they said Colorado. I am not a fan of mud and water and that is what is mainly around here.
Sponsored