Sponsored

Opps I did it again! Agreed to buy a second Bronco!

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

He all so I went and finally got mine recovery point replaced today. Now I have holes in both of them.

Ford Bronco Opps I did it again! Agreed to buy a second Bronco! 2FD20EF9-C6B4-4246-BBB5-AD1EA3DB65F1

well I look over and bang there is another one on the lot. My wife has been asking about ordering another. So I go talk to them. At msrp but there’s a catch. The winch that was supposed to be in mine as a mannequin but didn’t get there before I bought it came in and the GM insists it has to be sold with this new bronco. He and I quote “ I won’t have another bronco for stock most likely the rest of the year. So it has to be sold with that one I can’t sit on it it’s $4000 installed”
I don’t want the ford winch as this bronco has the front sensors and camera. It says right in the notes front sensors will need to be be activated by user. I like my sensors the wife doesn’t want to give them up either. It seems from looking here and other market places people aren’t able to sell the winch after the fact. I can get it new in the box. Seems people just are not buying them. I’ll press the issue a little more but don’t want to loose the deal over it. Also don’t want to finance $3500 extra and not recoup it. Id rather do a RC hidden winch and keep my options working.
any thoughts? Anyone looking for a ford factory winch? Does anyone have a ford factory winch and think I could relocate the parking sensors and still use them? I’m not scared to drill it out. This is the Bronco would be the wife’s.
Ford Bronco Opps I did it again! Agreed to buy a second Bronco! 81B27A03-7370-4D29-9914-724C7AF59293
Sponsored

Last edited:

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't studied this winch and hidden mounts, FWIW.

But, If you are thinking about putting a hidden winch on one of the vehicles, you could just buy the second Bronco with the winch, not have them install it. Then use the winch with whatever hidden winch setup you decide to use. Then sell the mount to someone who has mid or base.

Unless this particular winch can not be used with hidden mounts, which I doubt. It's a standard Warn I think.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

True but financing $3500 for an $800 winch and the hopes someone want to pay for the other parts is risky. I’m trying to find out how much work the install is. If I could put disconnects on it and pop it off and on in an hour or so before a trip I’d do that. This will be a daily driver in town. With hopefully some off road adventures on the weekends

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe try to get the winch and bracket at cost. I believe this is a Warn Zeon winch, which are very nice apparently (I haven't had one. I have the less expensive Warn VR - but not mounted to the Bronco yet - same problem as you with Lux)

https://www.warn.com/zeon-10s-winch-89611

the $800 or so would buy the less expensive VR10 I think.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW, I bought a Demo and the dealer sold me (only the accessories that I wanted) at cost. If he truly just wants to sell the winch, maybe they'll jump at cost rather than MSRP for it. You'd save quite a bit and I would assume be able to sell the bracket/mounting hardware.

I'm just not sure the Zeon will fit with the current hidden mounts.

I'm not mounting a winch on mine because I have an order in for a Badlands and I might be selling/trading this one in 23 or 24 whenever my order gets here! So I don't wanna take it apart only to re-install.

Sponsored
OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So far doesn’t sound like it in fact he kept says 4K for the winch I assume he is including labor.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@JcrOffroad makes a winch plate and camera relocation bracket that will resolve the parking sensor and camera relocation issues. And there is another vendor that makes an ACC relocation bracket for LUX models.

JcrOffroad’s video shows how the parking sensors are relocated. (The YouTube video is at the very bottom of the page on the following link.)

Winch Plate: https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6SB-WP.html
Camera Relocation Bracket: https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6FCM.html

Your Ford winch plate will be redundant, but Jcr’s is only an additional $699 above what you’re paying and resolves the parking sensor relocation issues. The other components will address the camera and ACC relocation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ah.
Likely wont budge I suppose. Just a different way to add ADM,
Except at least your getting something lol. I guess it’s better than paying 5k above for nothing.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You could try to negotiate him down as far as possible for the winch without labor-install (maybe slightly above cost or at least 15% off since can get that discount on Ford Accessories website), have them put the box in the back and resell it to someone else. Might take a few hundred dollar hit but, if really don't want a winch and other costs to get it work properly, then that's better in the end. If think want the winch, then go the JCR mount/relocation kits and talk with dealer about the other JCR stuff needed to see if he'll discount to offset for that cost and have them install it. When installed by the dealer it is the equivalent of a factory option/add-on and covered by Ford's warranty for the Bronco (including any Ford extended warranty should you buy it from someone like Floor, Zeigler or Granger). Also, most auto insurance policies look at it as a factory item (meaning it's covered by insurance) and not a custom add-on, which is often limited to a low amount on a lot policies (but can increase that custom add-on limit).

Sponsored

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you want the bronco. Look at it as an ADM. Sell all parts for 2k. If you sell the parts, its only a 2k mark up. If thats not good for you, let the next guy have buy it.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cheaper to buy a winch and Rough Country hidden winch assembly. If, if you have the 4 cylinder. I was going to do that on mine, I have the V.6 now ... >sobs<

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
read this............
https://www.classlawgroup.com/antitrust/unlawful-practices/tying-bundling/

Tying or bundling occurs when a company makes the purchase of one product or service (the tying good or service) conditional on the purchase of a second good or service (the tied good or service).

In cases where the seller offering the tied goods or services has sufficient market power, these arrangements can be anticompetitive. The arrangements harm competitors who sell the second (tied) good or service, and consumers, who are forced to purchase a good or service they do not necessarily want (or at least from that seller). This is especially true when the good is tied to a product that many consumers consider critical.

all you need to do is gently refer to federal law, FTC website, ask the dealer's manager to review the text and ask him if he would consider dropping the winch request...............

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve been dealing directly with the General manager he has be good in the past. Not sure if it’s just because the Bronco is a sure sale being limited supply. He has said if you order one I can do a Much better deal. But of course order banks don’t even open for months. I need to lay eyes on it I guess if there is room to drill and put the parking sensors father out. Then get a camera relocate bracket I could deal with it. Or have them install it on my bronco as the wife is who don’t want to give up the sensors.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve been dealing directly with the General manager he has be good in the past. Not sure if it’s just because the Bronco is a sure sale being limited supply. He has said if you order one I can do a Much better deal. But of course order banks don’t even open for months. I need to lay eyes on it I guess if there is room to drill and put the parking sensors father out. Then get a camera relocate bracket I could deal with it. Or have them install it on my bronco as the wife is who don’t want to give up the sensors.
So, how did this turn out?
Sponsored