First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 22 BMW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I recently purchased the Oracle ColorSHIFT Bi-LED headlights. I love the lights and the way they function…BUT….
Every time I drive in colder weather (under 45*) they fog up, then takes parking overnight to unfog…. Then the cycle starts again the next day.

I have had them 3 weeks and fog every day. Oracle tells me it is a normal process for condensation to form, but every time I drive? I don’t recall ever seeing fog in my OEM lights.

Does anyone else have this issue with Oracle lights, OEM or other brands? Am I being too critical?

IMG_2652.jpeg

IMG_2647.jpeg

IMG_2651.jpeg

IMG_2701.jpeg

IMG_2701.jpeg

IMG_2716.jpeg
Sponsored

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t have those lights but I do not think you are being too critical at all. I also wouldn’t be happy about it. I’ve never intentionally looked at my OEM lights after driving but I don’t recall ever seeing condensation on them either.

if you’re unhappy perhaps you can still return them? I would if I were in your position.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They’ll warranty them right away. At least they did for a bunch of us here for their fog lights that were holding water not just moisture. I got mine within 4 days of claim. Still need to swap them but that’s for warmer weather. Sounds like they have issues with proper sealing/venting. I’m hoping the replacements don’t do the same thing. Mine were a year old also

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don't have the color shift but did just buy the Oracle bi-led switchback Headlights. I have them put together already but not installed because I'm still waiting on my build date. Following.

Sponsored

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have the Bi-Led non color shift and it did the same in the beginning.
Reached out to them and they said it should go away and when it dies there is a vent in the rear of the light that you can close. I honestly haven't noticed since but only driver her in the weekends.
Just reach out to them directly, they were pretty responsive.

ORACLE Lighting

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hello, if there is cool weather or a temperature drop and the internal temperature of the headlight has not normalized to match that temperature level, you may see slight fogging on the inside of the light due to this atmospheric condition. This is not an indication that there is an issue with the light "seal" all lights are ventilated to allow air to move in and out of the light to provide a way for these atmospheric changes to normalize.

Here is some more info that explains it in a clearer manner:

Ford Bronco Oracle Headlights Constantly Fogging up Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 9.36.32 AM

After the headlights are turned on for 15-20 minutes the heat from the light will dissipate this fogging and it should go back to normal.

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve never noticed that on my OEM lights or my AUX Baja Design lights.
Our lights are rated IP69k meaning you can submerge them up to 8ft or power wash them without any issues. (y)
Best,
Brahian Herrera | Forum Sales & Support
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (760) 560-2252 Ext 201​

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2023 Wildtrak with 2,200 miles (aka basically brand new). I have noticed this exact fogging (condensation) on my oem headlights the last month or so. As a matter of fact, i have had this same condensation on my 2 Ram trucks (2014 and a 2016) in the past and also on our current 2018 2500HD Denali. I've also seen this happening on my in-laws 2018 Buick. Whenever it's cool damp weather (approximately < 55°F), is when the greatest chance of this happening. Both Ram and GM told me that this is normal due to atmospheric conditions with vented headlights, especially when led lights are involved due to them not getting hot enough. Both Ram and GM have said that it's only cover under warranty when there are water droplets forming (not just condensation/fogging) and the condensation doesn't disappear after a certain number of hours, which it always did. Honestly, most people would probably never catch it happening unless they look at their headlights immediately after getting out of the vehicle on a cool damp day....and even then, it doesn't happen everytime.👍🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Sponsored

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here's the service bulletin from GM....Ram's was very similar. I would bet Ford has something very similar.
Ford Bronco Oracle Headlights Constantly Fogging up Screenshot_20240108_190113_Write on PDF

Page 2
Ford Bronco Oracle Headlights Constantly Fogging up Screenshot_20240108_190248_Write on PDF

Page 4 (page 3 was just two pictures)
Ford Bronco Oracle Headlights Constantly Fogging up Screenshot_20240108_190311_Write on PDF

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yup....just like i thought. Pages 104-105 in the Bronco's owner's manual....👍

Ford Bronco Oracle Headlights Constantly Fogging up Screenshot_20240108_191419_Samsung Notes
Sponsored