Order date 4 door Bronco different from 2 door Bronco

Norsman

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Why would you want to order a 2021 4dr if you aren’t getting it it until late in the year... by then it should be a 2022 model. This doesn’t make sense or can’t be true.

Advertisement

pan-y-cerveza

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Clubs

Why would you want to order a 2021 4dr if you aren’t getting it it until late in the year... by then it should be a 2022 model. This doesn’t make sense or can’t be true.
If the 2021s are backed up until late next year it's not like 2022s are going to start magically appearing instantly. Youre just going to wait even longer.

I don't much care what year mine is called.

mC.242

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Pathfinder
Clubs

That makes zero sense from a business standpoint. More 4dr models are reserved for sure, and sell at a higher price than the 2dr models. Look at Tesla, they always make the higher price/margin models first. Besides, there is no reason they can't make both 2dr and 4dr models at the same time. So I would say this is BS.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Spoke to my dealer today to verify their pricing (MSRP, documentation fees, ADM fees, etc)
Dealer told me that Ford is completing manufacturing of 2 door models first and those will be able to be ordered in December. Dealer told me that I should expect that my order (OBX, 4 door) will actually be around May with delivery in late 2021.

Anyone else been told different dates for ordering based on 2 door versus4 door?
No way!

TN Wheeler

First Name
roy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150, Ford f150, Toyota Tacoma
Maybe there is a "door shortage"! They are so easily removed, many of the factory employees, are taking them home as souvenirs! Or, maybe, the expert you spoke with was still trying to quit smoking crack-God bless him...

Badgerbrown

Black Diamond
First Name
Badger
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 and a 1979 VW Beetle Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Spoke to my dealer today to verify their pricing (MSRP, documentation fees, ADM fees, etc)
Dealer told me that Ford is completing manufacturing of 2 door models first and those will be able to be ordered in December. Dealer told me that I should expect that my order (OBX, 4 door) will actually be around May with delivery in late 2021.

Anyone else been told different dates for ordering based on 2 door versus4 door?
My Ford contact that actually test drives the Broncos said the 2 and 4 door models will be built in the same plant on different days. And you get yours in order of time of reservation.

He also said we should expect accessories and pricing on the Ford website in about "a month or so".

There you go...

JohnWaynesmokes.gif

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Clubs

So my previous job (about 8 years ago) was in a fleet management dept at a large corporation. We bought about 3-5K, vans and truck from Ford every year. We would get build schedules from Ford.....about when they would shut down to retool the machines for the next years models, what was being manufactured when and we knew several months in advance when they were building the trucks we wanted etc. I would not surprised if dealers were privy to the same info.

cdoublev

Big Bend
First Name
Charlie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Oh ya, another s__t show in the offing. I am going to clean my pool filter, grab a cold one and enjoy this thread.

I want a two door so this works for me.. Woohooo..
I too have a 2dr reserved so this works if true

Also, gonna pop some popcorn and watch this thread blow up

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former Broncos - 76, 93, 95
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Guys, this is an old thread w/ an unconfirmed rumor coming from a dealer. It was never sourced (other than coming from the dealer) nor confirmed by one of the dealers on the site.

Early August, which in the late Bronco6G time spectrum is a long time ago.

1598648000145.jpeg

Toccoa

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, this is an old thread w/ an unconfirmed rumor coming from a dealer. It was never sourced (other than coming from the dealer) nor confirmed by one of the dealers on the site.

Early August, which in the late Bronco6G time spectrum is a long time ago.

1598648000145.jpeg
1598648189796.gif

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Impreza, Solara convertable, Passport
Clubs

Hope this isn’t true because I want to switch from 2door to 4door after seeing the wonky rear folding seats in the 2 door

Advertisement

Advertisement