First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SHO, 03 Marauder, '69 S Code XR7 vert Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And this is why I try to read an entire thread before hopping on the keyboard.
What has been ordered is the option for BOTH hard and soft top. Unless when you order both the soft top is a bimini top it should be a full soft top I believe.
Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What has been ordered is the option for BOTH hard and soft top. Unless when you order both the soft top is a bimini top it should be a full soft top I believe.
Of course this is what was ordered. Our conjecture as to “what the dealership said” (drink) has to do with the dealership’s incorrect assumption that a Bimini was involved rather than the actual soft top.

My comment simply alluded to the fact that I was going to make the exact same point until I read that it’d already been made. I was poking at the tendency of threads to reach ten pages of members saying the same thing because they started typing without reading.

Yorick

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI: my dealer sent me this. Haven’t picked it up yet, but the soft top appears to be packaged up in the cargo space if you order the dual tops!
Ford Bronco Ordered BOTH Hard top and Soft Top 459A6A5A-ABF5-4E68-8C52-48DF72A1E359

Reactions: T|K

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FYI: my dealer sent me this. Haven’t picked it up yet, but the soft top appears to be packaged up in the cargo space if you order the dual tops!
459A6A5A-ABF5-4E68-8C52-48DF72A1E359.jpeg
If you order a soft top - optional item - on a 2-door, it comes to the dealership - separate from the vehicle in 2 LARGE boxes........ I'm not sure that both boxes will fit in the back of the 2-door.

23-03-02-SoftTopBoxes-1.png

Yorick

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you order a soft top - optional item - on a 2-door, it comes to the dealership - separate from the vehicle in 2 LARGE boxes........ I'm not sure that both boxes will fit in the back of the 2-door.

Ford Bronco Ordered BOTH Hard top and Soft Top 23-03-02-SoftTopBoxes-1
That makes sense. It took up the entire back of the 4 door with the seats down. No way it would fit in the 2 door model.

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ordered BOTH Hard top and Soft Top 23-03-02-SoftTopBoxes-1
I just bought the soft top dual top off someone who received it just like yours. The problem is I don’t know what parts it may be missing. I was able to find the soft top canvas assembly (obviously), the 3 windows, the 6 body bolts, and the 2 plastic trim for the outside near the rear door. I feel like there should be 2 metal brackets for the side roll bars and 2 brackets for where the assembly mounts to the body. Can you confirm all your pieces?

6917469B-6DDC-4A3B-B732-5D12AE5C150B.jpeg

Yorick

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just bought the soft top dual top off someone who received it just like yours. The problem is I don’t know what parts it may be missing. I was able to find the soft top canvas assembly (obviously), the 3 windows, the 6 body bolts, and the 2 plastic trim for the outside near the rear door. I feel like there should be 2 metal brackets for the side roll bars and 2 brackets for where the assembly mounts to the body. Can you confirm all your pieces?

Ford Bronco Ordered BOTH Hard top and Soft Top 6917469B-6DDC-4A3B-B732-5D12AE5C150B
Looks like you’ve got everything I have. I went ahead and opened everything up, and this is what I’ve got. Not seeing any brackets. I haven’t removed the hardtop yet, so not sure if there may already be brackets installed. I also have t pulled the soft top completely out/open so not sure if the brackets come attached to the canvas frame. I’ll update as soon as I can!
Ford Bronco Ordered BOTH Hard top and Soft Top A45CC4A4-8162-431F-8308-12AD41927B36

Jeffp1108

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This does not pertain to me however, I know that ordering both a hard top and soft top can be done. For those that have ordered both and taken delivery of both, how does your Bronco arrive: With the hard top on the vehicle and the soft top in a box or also installed under the hard top?
Asking as I was talking to a friend who is getting both and he said the dealer will install the soft top under the hard top.

Is this the way Ford recommends it be done?

Thank you in advance.
Can’t have the soft top installed under the hard top. Buddy of mine ordered both. Hard top was installed, and soft top was shipped inside the bronco (back seats down and soft top inside cargo area…not in a separate box.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like you’ve got everything I have. I went ahead and opened everything up, and this is what I’ve got. Not seeing any brackets. I haven’t removed the hardtop yet, so not sure if there may already be brackets installed. I also have t pulled the soft top completely out/open so not sure if the brackets come attached to the canvas frame. I’ll update as soon as I can!
Ford Bronco Ordered BOTH Hard top and Soft Top A45CC4A4-8162-431F-8308-12AD41927B36
Thank you. It must reuse the brackets in some way that come pre mounted on the bronco. Thanks checking!

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can’t have the soft top installed under the hard top. Buddy of mine ordered both. Hard top was installed, and soft top was shipped inside the bronco (back seats down and soft top inside cargo area…not in a separate box.
This is my concern. There is a different bracket type for hard tops and soft tops on the roll bar. It's how I was always able to tell who had a hard top or soft top when both were completely removed. Unless it's pre-attached to the soft top assembly or the dual top soft top has a new design I don't see how it'll connect up without those things.
Ford Bronco Ordered BOTH Hard top and Soft Top softtoptracket

haredtopbracket.png

Sponsored

Yorick

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my concern. There is a different bracket type for hard tops and soft tops on the roll bar. It's how I was always able to tell who had a hard top or soft top when both were completely removed. Unless it's pre-attached to the soft top assembly or the dual top soft top has a new design I don't see how it'll connect up without those things.
softtoptracket.png

haredtopbracket.png
I can confirm that, those brackets are pre-installed on the Bronco when you order the dual tops (not installed on the soft top). Here’s a pic of mine, where you can clearly see the brackets.. If you didn't get these when your bought your soft top from the 3rd party, you might want to ask if they can send them over to you. The black mounting bracket where the soft top mounts to the Bronco was also already installed in my Bronco, so be sure to pull off those trim pieces in the cargo space and check there too. Be sure to also look and see whether the anchor hooks for fully closing and locking the soft top down are mounted in your cargo area. My guess is that you'll need to ask for those too.

Ford did NOT, however, include the alternate interior panel trim pieces that have the cut-out so the trim can snap back on while letting the soft top frame to pass through. I’m hoping it was an oversight, and my dealer can help me secure those trim pieces.

Ford Bronco Ordered BOTH Hard top and Soft Top 31956DAC-CF5E-4124-A3E9-80E3FBBA029B

Last edited:

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can confirm that, those brackets are pre-installed on the Bronco when you order the dual tops (not installed on the soft top). Here’s a pic of mine, where you can clearly see the brackets.. If you didn't get these when your bought your soft top from the 3rd party, you might want to ask if they can send them over to you. The black mounting bracket where the soft top mounts to the Bronco was also already installed in my Bronco, so be sure to pull off those trim pieces in the cargo space and check there too. Be sure to also look and see whether the anchor hooks for fully closing and locking the soft top down are mounted in your cargo area. My guess is that you'll need to ask for those too.

Ford did NOT, however, include the alternate interior panel trim pieces that have the cut-out so the trim can snap back on while letting the soft top frame to pass through. I’m hoping it was an oversight, and my dealer can help me secure those trim pieces.

Ford Bronco Ordered BOTH Hard top and Soft Top 31956DAC-CF5E-4124-A3E9-80E3FBBA029B
Thanks so much

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I was selling wranglers, soft top was always inside, in a box, ready for a pain in the ass unboxing and install.
When I bought my wrangler with the dual top group, the hardtop was mounted on the vehicle, and the soft top was installed inside the hardtop. The soft top was bolted to the roll bar in the lowered position. The windows were in separate boxes inside the rear of the Jeep.
Sponsored