Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Scene: It's 1993. I'm a child at the grocery store with my mom. I ask her if I can get my favorite sugar-filled snack and she says "maybe." I know "maybe" means "no" but I end up carrying it through the entire store anyway only for her to say "no" at checkout.
You too??? 😂

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's like meeting a really attractive girl and you are obsessed with her, but she doesn't reply to any of your texts or calls and calls you a stalker :rolleyes:
Rough times eh?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ordering a Bronco is like ordering a Ranger.

Exact same process, exact same program, exact same steps. Only with global supply chain shortages and a customer base with dogmatic feelings of victimization.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordering a Bronco is like ordering a Ranger.

Exact same process, exact same program, exact same steps. Only with global supply chain shortages and a customer base with dogmatic feelings of victimization.
Really, where/when did the reservation process for the Ranger start?

Sponsored

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s like waiting in line at Disneyland for the newest ride, you haven’t seen it but it must be good because the line is a mile long. You and the kids get in line, not even sure it’s going to be worth it.

Then after waiting for three hours they decide to open a speed pass line for the important people, your youngest asks why and you have no answer.

Then Goofy walks down the line telling everyone that if they don’t mind having no padding on the safety bars or a crack in the seat that pinches ther ass at every bump the too can go to the front of the line.

While you and the family wait you see the same important people getting into line for the second or third time, while complaining the the ride really wasn’t worth the wait and how disappointed they are they have to wait in line for the third ride.

You finally get to a point you can see the ride and the people around you start complaining about the color of the seats, how Six Flags is better, and how there is no place for their Big Gulp cup. The kids have lost interest and the wife is ready to give up, but damb if your not committed to get on that ride.

When you finally get to the front of the line, Snow White comes by and puts the chain across that says ride closed.

You’re pissed but it’s not Snow Whites fault, you’ll be back again….next week

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ranger was the first product Ford rolled out with this system that is now being used for Bronco (sorry I don't know what the name of the program is, a dealership employee could probably tell you the official name of this).

From the B&P, to meeting your dealer for the order, to allocations, VIN generation, tracking your build online and finally delivery notifications. It's all the same process, just with some content uncertainty.

I've suggested dozens of times for disenfranchised Bronco6g members to do a little search on Ranger5g as it's all laid out there. But nobody is willing to do 5 minutes of searching to self-educate. At least the Ranger forums had the excuse of it being a new process and having to be educated on it. Now the excuse is that people are in front of computers, it should tell them what they want to know at every second without any user inputs.

It will be another few thousand new threads here with the same tired info.....

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
....From the B&P, to meeting your dealer for the order, to allocations, VIN generation, tracking your build online and finally delivery notifications. It's all the same process, just with some content uncertainty.

It will be another few thousand new threads here with the same tired info.....
I'll admit I had zero desire for a tiny truck and did not keep up with the return of the Ranger in the 'merican market. However, after searching ranger5g site, I did not find any mention of a reservation system, just the usual "hey, I went to my dealer and made an order..." The usual process for buying/ordering a Ford product. Many of us have had experience with the process for decades.

You may be confusing the ordinary process, referenced above, because this is your first time ordering a new Ford? Maybe, it really does not matter either way. The difference here is the reservation process. I was all on board when they first did it, I saw it as a win-win. It took some of the uncertainty out of the equation, as far as demand, for Ford allowing them to make better decisions and let us get a place in line. Win-Win. But, then they shoehorned it into their existing process. Ford has had the advantage of the information they received from the bargain and basically backed out of their end of the bargain.

Now to get way to personal, in my occupation one of the aspects I pride myself on is seeing all sides to an issue. It helps in negotiation of a contract, executing a contract, and outcome satisfaction for all parties. I fully agree there is a lot of whining on this forum, but not all without merit, one can not expect anything more with humans in our present society.

Just by happenstance, I've re-watched Ford v. Ferrari recently. There is the diner scene where Miles voices to Shelby the situation Ford will put them in, Ford will F' them and can't help it. I also watched a long interview with Shelby from '97 where you get his view directly. I'm 100% positive the movie's producers & writers got most of the inspiration for the dialogue from that, or similar, interview.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'll admit I had zero desire for a tiny truck and did not keep up with the return of the Ranger in the 'merican market. However, after searching ranger5g site, I did not find any mention of a reservation system, just the usual "hey, I went to my dealer and made an order..." The usual process for buying/ordering a Ford product. Many of us have had experience with the process for decades.

You may be confusing the ordinary process, referenced above, because this is your first time ordering a new Ford? Maybe, it really does not matter either way. The difference here is the reservation process. I was all on board when they first did it, I saw it as a win-win. It took some of the uncertainty out of the equation, as far as demand, for Ford allowing them to make better decisions and let us get a place in line. Win-Win. But, then they shoehorned it into their existing process. Ford has had the advantage of the information they received from the bargain and basically backed out of their end of the bargain.

Now to get way to personal, in my occupation one of the aspects I pride myself on is seeing all sides to an issue. It helps in negotiation of a contract, executing a contract, and outcome satisfaction for all parties. I fully agree there is a lot of whining on this forum, but not all without merit, one can not expect anything more with humans in our present society.

Just by happenstance, I've re-watched Ford v. Ferrari recently. There is the diner scene where Miles voices to Shelby the situation Ford will put them in, Ford will F' them and can't help it. I also watched a long interview with Shelby from '97 where you get his view directly. I'm 100% positive the movie's producers & writers got most of the inspiration for the dialogue from that, or similar, interview.
I believe you have mistaken my comment about the ordering process to be the reservation process. They are not interchangeable.

The reservation process was fine, what about it didn't work? You slapped down a pittance and got in a line by date and unique ID. At worst you're out a pittance and it would have certainly been more fine-tuned if they had required a reasonable $500 or $1,000 deposit.

Ranger would be a full-sized truck not even a decade ago. Not sure how you get "tiny" from it, but hey, we all have our interpretations of size and not everyone has an RV garage to park their modern full-sized land yacht.

Seeing it from all angles, I consider GM to be the goalpost for how inept and corrupt management can get, Ford has some catching up to do (and i'm no Ford fanboy).

Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's like finally getting to go out with the hot guy you've have a thing for - for a long time and all he talks about on the date...is his mother.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ranger was the first product Ford rolled out with this system that is now being used for Bronco....

I believe you have mistaken my comment about the ordering process to be the reservation process. They are not interchangeable.....
My bad?

The reservation process was fine, what about it didn't work? You slapped down a pittance and got in a line by date and unique ID. At worst you're out a pittance and it would have certainly been more fine-tuned if they had required a reasonable $500 or $1,000 deposit......
Courts do not place a value on items or services, not their job, that is in the purview of the parties when they enter an agreement. They only see that both parties agreed to the terms. Also, if one party sets the rules then they are held more closely to the terms than the other party. If Ford would have set the price higher, no problem one accepts or not, the point is Ford set the price. Or, if they said the reservation means nothing except you are somewhere on our list, fine, but they did not. Ford stated the units would be built in order. Parts constraints are a reasonable modification to the agreement, a reasonable person would agree, the rest of the changes have a high probability of not being seen as reasonable.

....Ranger would be a full-sized truck not even a decade ago. Not sure how you get "tiny" from it, but hey, we all have our interpretations of size and not everyone has an RV garage to park their modern full-sized land yacht....
We live in very different Americas. I give you "tiny" is a subjective term. However, the usual truck in my 'merica dwarfs a ranger. The ranger max GVWR is ~6K, that is less than my front axle. Ranger has a tow rating of 3,500, that is less than my cargo rating. I routinely pull a loaded 13 ton trailer with my daily driver truck. I only get out my 1 1/2 ton truck for the big loads. I've spent years driving the Ranger, and its equivalents, in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. So, yes, in my subjective opinion the Ranger is tiny. I do have a garage, but it is mainly used for storage, and my shop is used for toys and maintenance, the truck and trailers are parked in various spots on the property. Seattle and Wyoming are completely different Americas, and those in them would have different experiences and therefore opinions, this is entirely expected.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's like finally getting to go out with the hot guy you've have a thing for - for a long time and all he talks about on the date...is his mother.
I’m also hoping this one is just an analogy 😳

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1) you all are slackin...we’re only on page 4 really?
2) was supposed to be a funny thread, how did become a pissing contest?

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) you all are slackin...we’re only on page 4 really?
2) was supposed to be a funny thread, how did become a pissing contest?
It's because this was moved to a forum outside the "Ordering" section which I originally posted. It would have gotten much more hits there. I thought this was more of an ordering related thread but clearly not.
Sponsored