Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's some cool history Todd, thanks for sharing!

My BMX bikes back in the day started out with a DG, then a Torker for a short time, then a CYC before ending up on a Mongoose, Then I just got too tall for any 20" bike.

No pics of those.

Was out of it until the mid-'90s when I got a Cannondale Super-V:

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread Super-V

Still have it, was in storage for a decade or two until I dusted it off and started riding again.

Realized that the Super-V was an antique and moved onto a 2019 Cannondale Habit 3 carbon for 9 months until the Yeti came up:

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread Habit-3
Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i have a 21 marin san quentin 2 (how i found it in stock idk) with an mrp ribbon coil set at 150. its super fun

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Not sure how I missed this thread until now. I've got a few to add...

Current MTB. 2017 Devinci Marshal frame that I got a good deal on off ebay. Custom built the rest up myself, including the wheels. Just upgraded to the CC DBair [IL] rear shock this year.

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 1618865274814

Current gravel/road bike. 2013 Redline Conquest Disc
Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 1618865391182

My DJ bike that I originally built up to ride at Rays indoor MTB park in CLE back when I lived there.
Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 1618865459944

My old 2011 Specialized Rockhopper SL 29 that was also a custom ebay frame-up build that I sold to friend after I picked up the Marshall.
Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 1618865713302

My first real MTB that was a 15th birthday gift from my parents. 1994 GT Back woods. I currently have it set up to ride around town as a single speed.
Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 1618865834112

This was it back in 2011 sitting in my 1UP rack, which has held 4 different bikes and been attached to 4 different vehicles since then, but it works just as well now as it did when new.
Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 1618865883185

I'll be looking for a hitch rack too. 1Up is the gold standard so I hope it plays nice with the Bronco without adding an extension.
I think we might need to use an extension tube to get the rack past the spare tire, but that shouldn't be much of an issue. It might also give the door enough room to swing open with bikes still on the rack when it is dropped down.

Also wondering if there will be some sort of rack of the back door. I guess a swing out hitch is also an option.
You could get a Thule SpareMe rack that attaches to the spare tire. I had one for my '94 FSB, but it rusted out after only a couple years. I went with a 1up later and it is still going strong with no issues after 10 years.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A front hitch receiver solves a lot of bike carrier issues.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Built both of these 1000w fat tire demons we got hills and afternoon wind here after a ride and some lunch and drinks pedal assist is your friend.
Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 20210410_113342

Sponsored

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have ridden Gary Fisher bikes for years but wanted something a little less aggressive as I've gotten older. I bought the entry level REI bike about a year and a half ago b/c I just wanted something to beat around the local trails. It's a good bike for the price, but I've been thinking of swapping out again. Pic is from when I first brought it home. I hadn't even swapped the pedals yet. LOL. Didn't realize that until after I posted it.

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread REI Coo

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish I still had my Redline BMX bike and my GT Pro Performer freestyle bikes from when I was a teen in the 80's.

Got back into mountain biking recently after a 20 year break.

Went with an e-bike.

IMG_8088.jpg

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

i just recently decided on around 3000. on my current hardtail i have about 160mm and i live in normandy park(pretty flat, haven't a chance to do much mtbing coz of quarantine). i do have one kicker and got about 3/4 up the stanchion. don't want to bottom out often so yeah. also the forks and shocks on the shift have lockout sooo?
Okay yeah you can get pretty much anything that isn't carbon fiber for $3000. Equus is right tho, that's a lot of weight for a trail bike.

My Neuron is a solid 5lbs lighter than that stock. I won't tell you it's an awful bike, but Id bet it's not the best bike for 3 grand. Look at pinkbike on youtube where they have the Field Trip reviews. If you're hard set on the extra travel, YT Capra and Canyon Strive are good options too. My buddy has a Strive and the shapeshifter switch is crazy. But there's lots of options out there. Shred on! ?
Toying with idea of going back to hardtail. Looked at Ibis, nothing. Any recommendations; cost not an object. Probably 29'er 2.5 or .6, carbon frame. low weight. Thx in advance

edit: trail frame

Pinkbike just posted up their reviews of 5 hardtails and 5 full sus value bikes if anyone is still looking for something affordable. Although availability is probably still pretty sparse.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/welcome-to-the-2021-pinkbike-value-bikes-field-trip.html

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gotta rep the Minnesota brand when you live there. It's a hodge podge build though.

C5786EE2-8736-4227-9B21-895E0FF3F4FA.jpeg

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing missing for this bike ride was getting to the trail with my Bronco. Pre-ride for Hanson Hills XC race tomorrow. We are in the middle of some incredible off road trails too. Will have to come back with the Bronco.
Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 1622947180687

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 1622947276932

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh, man, didn't even know this thread was here, my turn!

Got my first Cannondale in '94, beat the crap out of that bike, until it was sadly stolen from work
Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 1623030379839

Replaced it 6 months later with my first full suspension rig, rode that from '96 until nearly 2018 when I just couldn't find parts for it anymore. Tried to find a donor bike off of craigslist to frankenstein a Lefty onto the front just because of how much I liked the rear geometry, but I failed at that terribly.
Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 1623031068059

This soon replaced the SuperV, a Cannondale Prophet 1000, was supposed to lift the parts from it to upgrade the SuperV. Ended up keeping it, retiring the V and upgrading the Jekyll instead.
Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 1623030881406

Somewhere along the way, I picked up a road bike for going fast. Oops, another Cannondale:
Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 1623031169001

There might've also been a couple more in there for the wife and son, but they don't really ride as much:

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 1623031207892

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Say what?! A bike thread awesome! I am an avid mountain biker although I don't ride nearly as much as I have a toddler now. Started riding in 2001 and racing heavily as well. Now, races are just a few times a year and more for "fun."I trail ride once a week and generally every other day on the paths on my fat bike with the kiddo in tow. Looking to get the Santa Cruz Blur TR that just got released a few days ago perhaps in a year or two.

I ride in Michigan, there actually are some decent XC trails here with singletrack and fun. I head up to the UP once a year to ride/camp and now will do a little two-tracking once I get my Bronco.

Bikes:
2018 Santa Cruz Blur Carbon C (my main go to)
2015 Salsa Beargrease (my path cruiser and winter bike)
2011 Niner Air9 (gravel and race bike)
2007 Gary Fisher Rig singlespeed
2003 Yeti FRO (very first "mountain bike" and won't get rid of it)
2003 Giant TCR Zero (tri bike - gets ridden once a year in a race)

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread Blur XC

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread Beargrease Merrell

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I enjoy refurbishing older American made bikes. Keeps me out of the wife's hair, and it's cheaper than a 35 year old blonde. Found this all original 1961 J.C. Higgins Flightliner in Little River, S.C. All the old boy needed was a good cleaning, servicing the bearings and rear 2 speed hub, along with new tubes/tires. I enjoy riding the old thing.

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread higgins 9

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread higgins 20

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 100_5037.JPG

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 100_5044.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: