Day 1
4 door OBX AMB
Sasquatch
Lux
Roast leather
Floor liner
Aux switches
MIC top and sound deadending

This was always my ideal build but hesitated against Sasquatch. But seeing how the order banks are looking if I could sneak in a 2021 Sasquatch with a Day 1 reservation Iā€™d be stupid not to try.

While I donā€™t NEED 35s and would be more than content with 33s. Iā€™m not pumped about the future MPGs, but I check off everything Iā€™m looking for

Black grille from factory to pair with AMB - Check
Painted mirror and handles, again, bc AMB - Check
Big unpainted flares to pull in a MIC top, which will stop me from splurging on a mod top later on - Check
Better interior over BL with power seats - Check
Not needed to swap rails for steps - Check
Payload over 1000. Maybe 1100 without steel parts - Check
Sponsored

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Submitting soon.

Day 1
4 door OBX AMB
Sasquatch
Lux
Roast leather
Floor liner
Aux switches
I was struggling with the same decisions as you. I followed your thread on the tires and walked away feeling comfortable I could I go bigger after I get it.

Iā€™m a day 2 reservation and with the squatch, 2.7, and black roof I figured Iā€™d be getting a ā€˜22 for sure. Iā€™m also not big on the black fenders with squatch. Thought badlands, but really wanted painted handles.

Ended up going:
4 Dr OBX - Area 51
Lux package
Modular roof
2.7L
Navy/Gray vinyl leather

What was the E load tire you said was like a hybrid and might not have a bad ride?

timgarrett

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Submitting soon.

Day 1
4 door OBX AMB
Sasquatch
Lux
Roast leather
Floor liner
Aux switches

This was always my ideal build but hesitated against Sasquatch. But seeing how the order banks are looking if I could sneak in a 2021 Sasquatch with a Day 1 reservation Iā€™d be stupid not to try.

While I donā€™t NEED 35s and would be more than content with 33s. Iā€™m not pumped about the future MPGs, but I check off everything Iā€™m looking for

Black grille from factory to pair with AMB - Check
Painted mirror and handles, again, bc AMB - Check
Big unpainted flares to pull in a MIC top, which will stop me from splurging on a mod top later on - Check
Better interior over BL with power seats - Check
Not needed to swap rails for steps - Check
Payload over 1000. Maybe 1100 without steel parts - Check
This is SO close to my order, but I really want the modular top in matching AMB. I'm going to wait and get a MY22 so I can get it, even though I am a 7/14 morning reservation. Everything else you have is on my list! Hope you get yours sooner than later.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is SO close to my order, but I really want the modular top in matching AMB. I'm going to wait and get a MY22 so I can get it, even though I am a 7/14 morning reservation. Everything else you have is on my list! Hope you get yours sooner than later.
The way I see it, if I got a non sas OBX I would be more compelled to get a mod top for a complete painted look, given the fenders. Then put 33s which will probably force my hand to 17ā€ wheels for better offset and stance. And then what? Will it need a front leveling kit? I donā€™t know. And will I want to upgrade tires again in the future??....and the mod top delays me.

Might as well roll the dice on a sas with big unpainted flares to tie in mic top. Get everything from the factory slightly earlier with no KNOWN delays since Iā€™m avoiding the mod top. Besides it will probably cost about the same all-in. I feel like Iā€™m getting a lot more for the money with the Sasquatch and MIC top.

actually I may end up saving money on the sas option when you factor in the 795 for higher gearing and 795 for 4x4 on the non sas OBX. Plus the mod top price difference and aftermarket wheels/tires/leveling etc

Last edited:

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know the difference between the on-board storage and garage storage bags? I'm wondering why I wouldn't just use the on-board ones for both uses.
The onboard kit comes with a harness for securing the doors in the cargo area. The garage set are just that; bags that wrap your door to protect from scratches. Bags and harness are demonstrated here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...or-removal-and-storage-on-board-how-to.10188/

I think you are correct in your thinking about using one for both. But if the in built modularity comes to fruition you could use a second set of door covers for other doors you may purchase down the road.

Sponsored

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My order was made last Friday - 1/22. 4-Door AMB, with the 2.7L (hoping that doesnā€™t jinx me on delivery). Added Aux Switches, Floor Mats and Bimini top. Dealer tells me Iā€™m with it their initial allocation numbers for 21 delivery so fingers crossed on that.
Good luck everyone

timgarrett

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My order was made last Friday - 1/22. 4-Door AMB, with the 2.7L (hoping that doesnā€™t jinx me on delivery). Added Aux Switches, Floor Mats and Bimini top. Dealer tells me Iā€™m with it their initial allocation numbers for 21 delivery so fingers crossed on that.
Good luck everyone
OK, this is too many 4-door OBX in AMB builds... just kidding. But it seems you either vacation or own property in Duck, so I'll probably see you on 158 or NC 12 North sometime.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OK, this is too many 4-door OBX in AMB builds... just kidding. But it seems you either vacation or own property in Duck, so I'll probably see you on 158 or NC 12 North sometime.
Look forward to it. And yes we have a place a couple miles north of the town itself. We live in the Philadelphia area. Canā€™t wait for the first time to drive along Rte 12 with the top and doors off.

Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are those manual seats on the leather??? Thought they were supposed to be power seats.
If it's a 2-door then it's manual seats, even with leather. Which is why I'm sticking with cloth seats rather than spending $2,500 more for leather only.

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it's a 2-door then it's manual seats, even with leather. Which is why I'm sticking with cloth seats rather than spending $2,500 more for leather only.
That would explain it. Iā€™m going with the 4-door so threw me off. Thanks!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are those manual seats on the leather??? Thought they were supposed to be power seats.
2 door doesn't get powered seats.

I got to actually sit on this one. This is on the fishing concept 4 door and is manual. 4 door production will be powered.
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Thread bron2