Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Initially i had to take off the stock running boards because they rubbed at full turn and eventually I cut the bottom of the stock fender because it’s only aluminum and it allowed me full lock turning without any issue. This has helped a few people I’ve told. Once the flare went back on it’s impossible to tell it’s cut.

IMG_1447.jpeg

IMG_1448.jpeg

IMG_1449.jpeg
So, you cut for the tires before you put the kit on and the kit doesn't replace the stock front panels/fenders but goes over top?

I'm just curious if that cut is needed for the kit or does the kit replace the stock front fenders/flares and no cut was necessary once you chose the kit?
Sponsored

OP
OP
outerbrxnco

outerbrxnco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, you cut for the tires before you put the kit on and the kit doesn't replace the stock front panels/fenders but goes over top?

I'm just curious if that cut is needed for the kit or does the kit replace the stock front fenders/flares and no cut was necessary once you chose the kit?
Before the body kit I cut it which was the aluminum fender and partially body metal. Then the fender is removed and i installed new and can still see the metal body behind where one of the old mounting bolts went. Then I cut that so it wasn’t showing awkwardly. Sorry I have some photos from both sides of the car. Hope this makes sense in order of what I did. None of that has to be done. It was a temporary thing for my wide tires and then the kit came and I still saw the body metal and it bothered me. It can stay if chose but my fitment liked to rub it when full lock.

IMG_2243.jpeg

IMG_3138.jpeg

IMG_3168.jpeg

IMG_3172.jpeg

Sponsored

Romanenk0

Outer Banks
First Name
BarbosBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Following! I was actually building my Outer Banks inspired by a photo of yours I came across on google. Found you on IG as well.

OP
OP
outerbrxnco

outerbrxnco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Following! I was actually building my Outer Banks inspired by a photo of yours I came across on google. Found you on IG as well.
That's awesome thanks a lot!

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for very honest feedback. The only other feedback I’ve seen on these were from an influencer I suspect got a deal on them who has said nothing about the install and raves about them and posts pictures of the car parked in random places. I love hearing from people their actual experiences. It helps us as buyers be better educated. Thank you! I still love the end result in these despite the work involved. I hope their QC improved as they were really teasing a whole long travel line-up for a long time and all we got at the end was a bunch of very overpriced bolt ons that didn’t bring anything new to market.
These fenders are an exception. Love the look.
There’s a reason I can’t speak to the installation, I didn’t install them. 🤠 I paid a small fortune to have the kit fitted and painted by an authorized RTR dealer in town.

Of course, I love the kit but it was a costly turnkey option for me. I am not sponsored by RTR, nor did I receive a discount on the kit.

@outerbrxnco is an absolute wizard and truly deserves a lot of credit, he’s going for perfection and I love following his build. He saved me A LOT of pain by providing honest feedback of the liners.

Two things I dislike.

1. The gas lid included in the kit is awful and will be changed out for another option.

2. I have to pump gas with the handle inverted. Fun stuff.

KRAKEN

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 DOOR BRONCO, 2014 F150 XLT, 2006 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man, that's a lot of work. The finished product is killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
outerbrxnco

outerbrxnco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree about hating the fueling upside down haha. and the pretty penny to get the work done, that's why i moved on to other things because it's just so much at this time

jeisfoto

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd gen Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome work. Shame it required all of that. Certainly a good looking kit.

spreeon88

Outer Banks
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

New to this forum but not new to the bronco, I'm on Instagram as @ outerbrxnco so bare with me as I navigate a new platform haha. I'll upload some photos and such here and there of this Funnhaver Offroad widebody kit as body work and paint are completed. Let me know what else you want to see behind the scenes that I haven't showed on Instagram
Ford Bronco Outerbrxnco mid travel Fun-Haver widebody build progress 1702658899021
Ford Bronco Outerbrxnco mid travel Fun-Haver widebody build progress 1702658899021
!
LOVE IT!!
Sponsored