Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep reading this board everybody sounds like they need the squatch package and the larger engine. I would be willing to bet the majority of these vehicles will be mall crawlers rather than overlanders or rock crawlers.
Mall crawler you don't need much you only want to bedazzle it cause it looks cool
DD with occasional overlanding probable only need 33s and rear lockers at most
True off-roader rock crawler you will benefit from the works.
Ok, so if everyone followed your logic then there would be no need for anyone who wants to get a Mustang GT500, Corvette ZR1, Challenger Hellcat, or Camaro LZ1. Pretty sure all of those car enthusiasts are not taking their cars to the track where they can use all of that horsepower and race/drag modes but that doesn't stop them from getting them either. I get your point but I also believe that its vehicles like this that will bring more people to the sport of off-roading because they can get them configured like this from the factory.
Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, so if everyone followed your logic then there would be no need for anyone who wants to get a Mustang GT500, Corvette ZR1, Challenger Hellcat, or Camaro LZ1. Pretty sure all of those car enthusiasts are not taking their cars to the track where they can use all of that horsepower and race/drag modes but that doesn't stop them from getting them either. I get your point but I also believe that its vehicles like this that will bring more people to the sport of off-roading because they can get them configured like this from the factory.
If I followed that logic, I wouldn't have three 9mm, a .380, a 357mag, a .45acp, a .30-06, a .300wsm, two 12ga, a 20ga, three .22lr, and two muzzleloaders.

We all need somebody to remind us what we need and what we don't need. Otherwise, someone might accidentally have fun.

Rutkap

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep reading this board everybody sounds like they need the squatch package and the larger engine. I would be willing to bet the majority of these vehicles will be mall crawlers rather than overlanders or rock crawlers.
Mall crawler you don't need much you only want to bedazzle it cause it looks cool

You see, my starbucks has a very high window at the drive through. I need this added height so I can easily grab my triple foam carmel matcha-lattes without having to reach up.

Also when tailgating at my jimmy buffet concert, I want to be able to pull into the shady spaces that are a little rocky. I don't want to risk that in my Acura. Also, have you ever tried getting out of the parking lot afterwards?

The way I see it, I need my 33' badlands more than most people. I don't think I could survive without it.

SasquatchBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ever hear of the saying:

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it"?

Sponsored

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am for buying what you want. My only gripes thus far is they should offer more rims and tire packages for each trim level starting at the outerbanks. 33's are a good compromise if you don't want to pony up for the squatch but want the tech side. I am most likely going with a wildtrak or badlands with 33s. The 33s look as good in my opinion with the alternate rims. Anyone else think the 33s on the badlands look very good and close to squatch?

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You do realize most of these smaller engines are polluting more than larger engines of 10 years ago right? Small, direct injection, high compression turbo engines are creating NOx levels associated with Diesel engines, something none of the V8 engines of past years did. Kia/Hyundai have built a reputation for crossovers that’s roll coal during hard acceleration.

Outside of NOx emissions there is nothing dangerous coming from the exhaust pipe of a vehicle. Yes if you leave the car running in a garage and dilute the oxygen content in the surrounding air your gonna die, but nothing in the exhaust is going to hurt a human in anyway - NOx particles associated with high compression small engines aside.

FWIW the 2.7L W/T I drove for several years achieved about 5-6MPG less on the highway than the 5.3L that replaced it.
Chemicals in car exhaust:

Carbon Monoxide

Colorless, odorless, tasteless, yet highly toxic. Automobile and industrial emissions may also contribute to the greenhouse effect and global warming; it’s one of the other greenhouse gases we don’t usually hear much about. It occurs naturally in our atmosphere at around 0.1 ppm, but car exhaust without a catalytic converter contains 7,000 parts per million.

Nitrogen dioxide

Toxic by inhalation and can cause adverse health effects at low levels over a long period. It can contribute to acid rain and eutrophication in coastal waters.

Sulfur dioxide

Can cause pulmonary and respiratory distress and acidification of waterways.

Particulate matter

This is basically soot – it’s most apparent effect is reducing visibility. It impacts on breathing and respiratory systems, damages lung tissues and causes cancer. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people and animals die prematurely each year due to the health effects of inhaling particulate matter.

Benzene

A carcinogen in humans, benzene is also very toxic aquatic life and can cause death in plants. It is a “precursor” component for formation of photochemical smog.

Formaldehyde

Another known carcinogen for humans, with similar effects to many animals and birds. In an aquatic environment, formaldehyde has a half life of between a day and ten days.

Polycyclic hydrocarbons

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services states that some Polycyclic hydrocarbons may be carcinogens in humans and animals and can cause harmful effects on skin and the auto-immune system.

Some recent studies have also found car exhaust can create hydrocarbon-based free radicals which can linger indefinitely. These free radicals are believed to cause lung cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Even with the use of catalytic converters to help break down pollutants that cause smog, it may be creating conditions for the creation of these free radicals to form.

jaekim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 ZHP
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I had the means I would get a fully kitted badlands. But a BD with the rear locker and the 4 cylinder is probably what I’ll get.

Sponsored

TUNGSTANG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not parking a 4 cylinder Bronco with small tires in my garage beside my wife's 6 cylinder Jeep Wrangler rollin on 35's.

F that!

Deleted member 14617

Once upon a time, I had a TJ and $10,000. I went to our local 4wd shop (Calabazas) and told the owner I wanted a 4" lift. He asked me if it was for rocks or mud. I told him it was so that I could go to Safeway and be really, really high up in the air. He asked me to clarify and I said that I wanted to be able to drive over Miatas.

Then, a few years later, I had a kiddo and the Jeep became very impractical. I sold the Jeep back to the guys that built it.

Said kiddo is now 17, and I am truly excited to once again be able to go to the store and be really, really high up in the air. But since I'm in Idaho now, it'll be WinCo or Albertson's...

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

just posting so you can read my sig. line.

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am for buying what you want. My only gripes thus far is they should offer more rims and tire packages for each trim level starting at the outerbanks. 33's are a good compromise if you don't want to pony up for the squatch but want the tech side. I am most likely going with a wildtrak or badlands with 33s. The 33s look as good in my opinion with the alternate rims. Anyone else think the 33s on the badlands look very good and close to squatch?

Ford needs to make the 33 BL wheels and option for BD and higher
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.