Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here is another way to look at it: I cheer on everyone who wants to buy the most expensive broco they can. Who cares if it sits in the garage or only goes to the mall. They are financing the brand.

It's another unit. Its more money for ford. It makes the program more successful and spurs additional investment and development. Purchase motivations shouldnt matter, just buy a bronco instead of a wrangler and you're all right by me. I'll happily sit back while their money makes a better product for me in the future
Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh heck, I guess he's right. What's the purpose of even spending so much money to just even go on rock trails and such. I'll just stay at home and pretend on my VR system.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
ummmmmm, ok? Larger engine means more gas consumption (Diesel being far worse), means more exhaust, means more particles per square liter, means more pollution. Some truth to your saying the size doesn't truly matter, its the gas consumption. Yet pretty much across the board, larger engines mean less gas mileage means more gas needed to go the same distance means more pollution.
You do realize most of these smaller engines are polluting more than larger engines of 10 years ago right? Small, direct injection, high compression turbo engines are creating NOx levels associated with Diesel engines, something none of the V8 engines of past years did. Kia/Hyundai have built a reputation for crossovers that’s roll coal during hard acceleration.

Outside of NOx emissions there is nothing dangerous coming from the exhaust pipe of a vehicle. Yes if you leave the car running in a garage and dilute the oxygen content in the surrounding air your gonna die, but nothing in the exhaust is going to hurt a human in anyway - NOx particles associated with high compression small engines aside.

FWIW the 2.7L W/T I drove for several years achieved about 5-6MPG less on the highway than the 5.3L that replaced it.

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man this probably should have just been a poll.

www86aws

Base
First Name
Aws
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Everyone just go buy Chevy Spark. It will take you from A to B, also go sale your house and buy a cando you will save some buck there too. What a stupid argument!

Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Everyone just go buy Chevy Spark. It will take you from A to B, also go sale your house and buy a cando you will save some buck there too. What a stupid argument!
I'm just going to go buy a used van and live in it down by the river

Last edited:

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep reading this board everybody sounds like they need the squatch package and the larger engine. I would be willing to bet the majority of these vehicles will be mall crawlers rather than overlanders or rock crawlers.
Mall crawler you don't need much you only want to bedazzle it cause it looks cool
DD with occasional overlanding probable only need 33s and rear lockers at most
True off-roader rock crawler you will benefit from the works.
So?

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do your self a favor and just delete this mess.
Opinions of Opinions on an Opinion.....
I believe it has become self aware and has taken on a life of its own...
Guess I shouldn't have expected anything less than spirited discussion from Bronco folks.....

Sponsored

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree. My current vehicle is a 2013 GMC pickup that i bought a little over 5 years ago. It had 19k miles when i bought it and currently has 40k. Averaging around 4500 a year. My BL Bronco will probably fall in the same category mileage wise but hey when i do drive it, its gonna turn heads. Do I need it? Of course not, BUT I WANT IT!!
Amen. Same situation here. I’m fortunate to have my company lease trucks for me every 100k miles. I can use it for personal or work. I haven’t owned my own car in 10 years. But I’ve wanted this Bronco and waited for it forever it seems. I don’t NEED it. I’ll put 5-10k mikes on it a year. But I WANT IT.

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I keep reading this board everybody sounds like they need the squatch package and the larger engine. I would be willing to bet the majority of these vehicles will be mall crawlers rather than overlanders or rock crawlers.
Mall crawler you don't need much you only want to bedazzle it cause it looks cool
DD with occasional overlanding probable only need 33s and rear lockers at most
True off-roader rock crawler you will benefit from the works.
(sleigh bell music)
So there's this retiree who was selling his 2007 FJ Cruiser. It had new tires and a nice ARB front bumper and he lived on a street with major visibility, but he had a hard time selling it?

Pray tell, Santa... why is it so? Well, Virginia, it's a %@$&*! 2WD. Everyone, much to their chagrin, expected it to be a 4WD.

Similarly with the Bronco. We, well the majority of us, want the Bronco's Sasquatch package, and everyone down the road will desire it too... and with complete disregard to the pejorative "mall crawler" moniker.

Merry Christmas,
Santa
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.