Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What if I need the height for hurricane evacuation and return. We can get a lot of water on the ground in a hurry down here on the gulf. Just want a Sas BD with the Luxe Pkg. This will be my daily driver as well as my toy.
Sponsored

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm leaving before the mods raid this thread. :cautious:
I'm with you. Some are just taking it out of context.....
Might be about time to close and wheel on.....

Last edited:

Grayman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Sucksarado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any such thing as a "Gun Range" in Massawhoknowshowtospellit?
Is the OP trying to help people feel good about
Not trying to be the purchase police..... Just scratching my head and wondering why so many folks are willing to part with 5-10k extra for functional aesthetics when they can just add aesthetics and save some bucks.
But hey if you got the $$ to burn knock yourself out
just curious are you trying to help a guy/gal decide based on their actual needs or jealous you canā€™t buy what others can or Just being kinda jerky.
Personally I canā€™t afford a wild track or First addition... but I am excited that others can...
I feel like maybe Iā€™m being a little jerky but I think everyone in the world splurges on a few things that fall in the want category not the need... whoā€™s knows maybe with my Badlands Iā€™ll make time to try some rock crawling... Broncoā€™s going to be awesome, any trim, any color and any option... maybe Iā€™ll see You on a trail maybe Iā€™ll see you at the mall...

Last edited:

Sponsored

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m 60 and want a toy. Iā€™ve put 3 kids through college, helped one of them get through law school and am putting my youngest through college currently.

I have a ā€˜13 Land Cruiser which checks all the boxes that any rational person not worried about MPG or prestige could want. Great on the highway and good enough for off-roading that all but the serious enthusiast would require.

Maybe Iā€™ll take my Bronco to West Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado and/or Utah, or maybe Iā€™ll continue to travel comfortably in my Land Cruiser.

It will be clean, except when it isnā€™t. Iā€™ll let my kids use it after they learn how to drive a standard. It wonā€™t typically drive me to work, so I wonā€™t have to worry about it getting door-dinged. Whatever happens in the line of more serious duty, so be it.

The toy in my garage was supposed to be an old muscle car. Iā€™ve had three Porsches and donā€™t have a big desire to have another one. Iā€™m not a Jeep fan at all, but seeing the Bronco was kinda like hearing a bad-ass song on the radio for the first time. It tugged at my soul in an indescribable and not totally rational fashion. I canā€™t tell you exactly why Iā€™m getting one, I just know Iā€™ve gotta have it.

The photo is from the north rim of Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park.
Ford Bronco OVERESTIMATION D9291825-A5B6-4DBC-BC8B-79CA6BD194E0

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...and your point? I am sure the average Rapter and Rubicon out there sees 0.5% off road time, but damn is it fun when you do and when you use that capability.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are malls still open?

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the OP trying to help people feel good about

just curious are you trying to help a guy/gal decide based on their actual needs or jealous you canā€™t buy what others can or Just being kinda jerky.
Personally I canā€™t afford a wild track or First addition... but I am excited that others can and can get when their budget allows...
You're on point the post was to initiate discussion that was intended to help a guy/gal myself included decide based on their actual needs.
Some great responses to consider prior to purchase...
I've been extremely blessed and can well afford any Bronco model.
Thinking out loud why folks including myself are considering spending 5-10K for all the extras I/they may never use. Even more so now that it's painfully obvious with the B&P a lot of folks are making big compromises and not truly getting what they want.

Kinda like Thanksgiving you're looking forward to turkey with all the fixins. But now someone tells you sorry you have to wait till tomorrow to get the turkey. Oh buy the way we don't have gravy, we don't have stuffing either, but next year we will really have everything.... Still thanksgiving but just does not feel the same.

Last edited:

saldanad

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
ummmmmm, ok? Larger engine means more gas consumption (Diesel being far worse), means more exhaust, means more particles per square liter, means more pollution. Some truth to your saying the size doesn't truly matter, its the gas consumption. Yet pretty much across the board, larger engines mean less gas mileage means more gas needed to go the same distance means more pollution.
I think the four cylinder might get worse gas mileage in the 4 door, because of the extra weight. The 4 cylinder engine will be under greater strain in that situation. But thatā€™s my driving style. I like pushing on the pedal and making the car go. For those individuals who never mash down on the gas, a 4 cylinder in the four door might meet their expectations and ecological concerns. On the matter of more pollution, eventually there will companies reprocessing all the co2 back into fuel. So using gas will be carbon neutral. Itā€™s probably a ways off, but thereā€™s hope. Iā€™m definitely not buying a bronco out of my concern for the environment. Which is troubling that I can have dichotomous views; ie, think I should do more to help the environment but still purchase a sweet ass Bronco, which will probably get worse gas mileage than my v8 sports sedan.

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm looking for a DD, but I'm out every weekend, back roads, mucky mud puddles.....hunting, fishing, bushcrafting, hiking etc. I want a nice looking capible truck but don't have deep pockets.
I've been doing some research, comparison and price comparison between the Bronco and Ranger.
Canadian prices, but still comparable on US dollars.
Base Bronco with Sasquatch....$52 200.
Ranger XL with FX4 package....$37 800.
A base Wrangler out performs a base Bronco, so that shows how anyone that's offroad at all needs Sasquatch. IMHO, a Ranger is more practical from the point of storage, payload, and towing.
I'm a Ford guy through & through, but I've stopped falling for the Bronco marketing that's gone on now for months.
Is a ranger full time 4x4 or do you have to select it manually ? Or does it have advanced 4x4 like an AWD?

TD723

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
I keep reading this board everybody sounds like they need the squatch package and the larger engine. I would be willing to bet the majority of these vehicles will be mall crawlers rather than overlanders or rock crawlers.
Mall crawler you don't need much you only want to bedazzle it cause it looks cool
DD with occasional overlanding probable only need 33s and rear lockers at most
True off-roader rock crawler you will benefit from the works.
I really donā€™t need a new Bronco, but I want one, and I want all the off road capabilities that go with it. I want to be able to go out for ice cream in the middle of a blizzard. Iā€™ve never thought or said, my tires are way too big on my jk, or that my truck just has entirely too much power, I wish it only had the bare minimum, or only what I need. We always want more than we need. This reply was meant to be fun, not trying to offend.

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really donā€™t need a new Bronco, but I want one, and I want all the off road capabilities that go with it. I want to be able to go out for ice cream in the middle of a blizzard. Iā€™ve never thought or said, my tires are way too big on my jk, or that my truck just has entirely too much power, I wish it only had the bare minimum, or only what I need. We always want more than we need. This reply was meant to be fun, not trying to offend.
I agree.... Among other things We all need Ice cream in a blizzard

Broncohitis

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Badlands
Sasquatch
2.7L w/10sp
MIC Hardtop w/roof rack
Lux package

I can't wait.

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I Agree. The Badlands is already very equipped. The majority of my driving would be at higher speeds 95% and a chance of a periodic 5% off road. The Sasquarch gearing w/ 4.70 ratio not being to highway friendly.
What issues can u have highway driving with Squatch
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.