Sponsored

Oxford White vs. Antimatter Blue

If you could only chose between these two colours, which would you go with?

• Oxford White

• Antimatter Blue

Results are only viewable after voting.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One downside to having to wait so long for a build date is I keep toying around with colour choices with the Bronco. I usually end up purchasing darker colour vehicles, and I do love the AMB.

However, I have also owned a white car and found it had some good benefits to it. My biggest downside of the AMB is the swirls/marks show up on it so easily - And I take care when washing my vehicles. However I also don’t have the patience to be waxing and buffing and spending all that time to get them to showroom perfection on a regular basis.

If you only had these two colour options to chose from, which would you chose?
Sponsored

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are getting AMB and care about your paint, you gotta Stick with the 2 bucket wash, and some occasional polishing (Or get a clear wrap).

If that’s too much hassle and / or too expensive to pay someone to detail it… then go with white…..

…. But you should get AMB

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are getting AMB and care about your paint, you gotta Stick with the 2 bucket wash, and some occasional polishing (Or get a clear wrap).

If that’s too much hassle and / or too expensive to pay someone to detail it… then go with white…..

…. But you should get AMB
Haha, I actually love both these colours (even though they are complete opposites). I already do the whole 2 bucket wash scenario and know how to minimize the swirls and such, but still…

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If those were my only choices, I would go with white, and then get it wrapped in a color that I liked. I like AMB, but dark colors show dirt easier (imho), so if you want it to look clean longer, I would stay away from dark colors.

I really liked the red, but my last two cars were red so I thought I'd switch it up a bit and go with cactus gray. I'm going to have to add a decal or something though, because I think it's too plain on its own.

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haha, I actually love both these colours (even though they are complete opposites). I already do the whole 2 bucket wash scenario and know how to minimize the swirls and such, but still…
I hear ya. My black BMW paint was sooo soft. Still, with good regular washing and sealants i could usually stretch my major detailing to once a year. (But i live in SoCal where the elements are kinder). If that’s really a major concern, and you wont have time to keep up with it… then just get white. You can‘t go wrong either way. The Bronco looks great in both colors. Just stay away from Iconic Silver. :p

Sponsored

Thekev87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I ordered Oxford white but to be honest, after seeing the antimatter blue in person I kinda wish I got that instead...the renderings sucked on the ford website and doesn't do it justice. I got a basesquatch so I couldn't do cactus gray or race red, so kept it simple with what I knew (plus thought that looked best with the all black grill). If it wasn't for already having a VIN I would've switched to AMB

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear ya. My black BMW paint was sooo soft. Still, with good regular washing and sealants i could usually stretch my major detailing to once a year. (But i live in SoCal where the elements are kinder). If that’s really a major concern, and you wont have time to keep up with it… then just get white. You can‘t go wrong either way. The Bronco looks great in both colors. Just stay away from Iconic Silver. :p
That’s a good point I missed adding to my post: I live in a very rainy area, but the Summer is nice and hot.

I always think white vehicles would show dirt more (white things always show the dirt more) but now I can’t remember what my white Audi was like now… hmm…

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That’s a good point I missed adding to my post: I live in a very rainy area, but the Summer is nice and hot.

I always think white vehicles would show dirt more (white things always show the dirt more) but now I can’t remember what my white Audi was like now… hmm…
that's actually the opposite. White shows less dirt (unless you mean actual mud) and stays looking clean longer. If it's just dust/rain accumulation you are referring to, then a darker color will show it much easier. I owned exclusively black vehicles for 25 years until I got a white grand Cherokee. I could go thrice as long without my OCD forcing me to wash the white vehicle. It completely changed my outlook on ever buying another black vehicle. Plus, swirl marks are almost not a concern with a white vehicle.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that's actually the opposite. White shows less dirt (unless you mean actual mud) and stays looking clean longer. If it's just dust/rain accumulation you are referring to, then a darker color will show it much easier. I owned exclusively black vehicles for 25 years until I got a white grand Cherokee. I could go thrice as long without my OCD forcing me to wash the white vehicle. It completely changed my outlook on ever buying another black vehicle. Plus, swirl marks are almost not a concern with a white vehicle.
I appreciate everyone’s feedback/votes. I’m leaning much more to OW now and will likely make the change later today :)

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live in Phoenix. I hate Oxford White, but there is no way I would ever own a black car (and AMB is mostly black) when it's 118 degrees in the shade. (that's 48 degrees in Canadian degrees)

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Phoenix. I hate Oxford White, but there is no way I would ever own a black car (and AMB is mostly black) when it's 118 degrees in the shade. (that's 48 degrees in Canadian degrees)
So what you’re saying is you hate OW the least? Nice! Lol

And thank you for doing the conversion to Celsius :LOL:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So what you’re saying is you hate OW the least? Nice! Lol
I've said it before Oxford White is the color of Landscape Trucks. ;-)

In AZ I would say that 90% of vehicles are either white or silver. You can always tell someone who moved here recently because they are driving a dark car without window tint.

I'm driving my wife's old Expy (Oxford White) while waiting on my Bronco. She was over the moon happy when we found a Velocity Blue F-150 for her).

I ordered Rapid Red.

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here in New Orleans it’s mostly silver and white. I think Oxford White is a show stopper in WT. Red and black also look awesome.
Sponsored