Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
No experience, but I've been looking at new tents. Like the design not thrilled with the prices.
Its cheaper then a RTT. I've seen it person one time at costco the fabric is quite thick you could make it a 4 season tent.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Their lightweight tent weighs 43lbs, so if nothing else they should be sturdy. Don't want to camp far from the truck though.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anybody have any time with these tents? If so please give me your personal experience.

https://oztent.com/

https://www.offroadpowerproducts.com/oztent-rx-5-deluxe-tent-package.html
My buddies brought them on a recent Lake Powell/Moab/Canyonlands trip....The set up was easy and quick and they seemed to like them. They have tried tons of applications: Roof Top, Hammock, Escapade, etc etc. Depends what the application is. If you have a family. I'd say yes--- if you overland, and conscious of space, and plan on solo/or max two persons, it has a huge foot print in my mind. Takes up a bunch of real estate in rig and needs a decent "lay down:" set up area. I backpack and overland, so my POV is skewed as I am focused on weight/size/functionality.

Good luck.
et

Sponsored

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My buddies brought them (or similar) on a recent Lake Powell/Moab/Canyonlands trip....The set up was easy and quick and they seemed to like them. They have tried tons of applications: Roof Top, Hammock, Escapade, etc etc. Depends what the application is. If you have a family. I'd say yes--- if you overland, and conscious of space, and plan on solo/or max two persons, it has a huge foot print in my mind. Takes up a bunch of real estate in rig and needs a decent "lay down:" set up area. I backpack and overland, so my POV is skewed as I am focused on weight/size/functionality.

Good luck.
et
Ford Bronco OZTENT? 1632935505318

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also more of a backpacker so my view is slightly skewed - but I don't see anything that justifies that price for a ground tent.

If you're looking for a tent to sleep a bunch of people I'd personally go with this Big Agnes with a 15lb pack weight and small packed size and 70" of vertical space in the middle so you can stand up.

If more than 4 or sleeping it's hard to go wrong with the tried and true Coleman.

joez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have been looking at these kind of 'origami' (something you just unfold) type tents. On this one I found several reviews that complained the joins broke in the 1st year. On the gazelle tents several reviews had the joins break, and the floor ripped. If you get one let us know how it holds up, because I would like to buy one.
These thing are more expensive when compared to a classic tent like the big agnes. But your paying for the easy setup. IF you moving every day that might be import to you.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No direct experience with the OZ Tent but check the dimensions stowed. It's pretty long and you definitely would only be able to transport it on the roof rack.

I do have a Gazelle and have been happy with it, sets up in a snap and being able to stand up in it is great. From pictures I've seen here, it does fit inside a 4 door with the seats down Have had it for about 1-1/2 years and no problems with any of teh hardware. I attached a cheapy footprint (basically just some Tyvek) to it and so far has doen it's job protecting it.

cxcrum

Big Bend
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 white bronco 4 door big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've witnessed this tent out in the middle of nowhere near the corner or Oregon/Idaho/Nevada a d got my attention!

A young gentleman and his girlfriend jeeped down into the canyon of 3 forks that form the Owhyhee River. They parked on some round river rock, jumped out and setup this tent in a minute or two.. then draped the awning to the back of the Jeep and were good to go! Pretty slick..

Since then, I have been eyeing one for my wife and I, and possibly a 2nd for kids..

Bagged up they are as long as a set of skis, yet thicker in diameter.
From what I witnessed and studied out, the material is crazy tough, yet, heavy in weight.

If looking for a simple, fast, and very sturdy quality tent, this would be it.. The $$'s do throw a curve ball unfortunately..
However, I do own a $50K bronco before the addition of aftermarket items.. hmm...

jacobim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anybody have any time with these tents? If so please give me your personal experience.

https://oztent.com/

https://www.offroadpowerproducts.com/oztent-rx-5-deluxe-tent-package.html
No experience with that tent. I've been camping with this Cabela’s tent on hunting trips and with my boys the past few years and it's been great. Even through thunderstorms we've stayed dry.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-alaskan-guide-model-geodesic-8-person-tent
Sponsored