Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The thing I've found with paddle shifters is when your in a bit of a tighter turn your hands aren't in a optimum position to hit the shift buttons. In those situations the shift button on the console shifter is a much better option. With that said I don't use them in my Jeep when on the trail. I leave the tranny in drive. The computer seems to know what gear I need, and when I need it so I can keep my attention on the challenge ahead.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Merc4x4

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a possibility, with rock-crawl G.O.A.t.o.T mode and 1 pedal driving assist, the Bronco will behave exactly as I want, without need for manually choosing gears, or pressing any additional buttons besides choosing the rock-crawl mode.
On my G wagon, I lock the center diff to put it in 4x4 mode, that turns off stability control and ABS, put it in low gear, then steer down the trail. A little breaking is sometimes required.

Hoosier_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2011 Yamaha Raider, 2018 KTM 1290
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive never been a fan of paddle shifters but I will wait to see what the rock crawl gear is like first

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish the Bronco had them. While descending on twisty mountain roads, using the paddles to control engine braking is much nicer than taking a hand off the wheel.
The 10-speed does fantastic with engine braking in my F150, especially in tow/haul. Anytime Iā€™m in the mountains, it goes in tow/haul regardless if I have a trailer. The downhill engine braking does great. Down both sides of Vail Pass with a camper and not having to once touch the brakes because of speed. Down both sides of Cottonwood Pass was the same. It was Engine braking all the way up to 5500 on the tach.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco Sport gets paddle shifters when you upgrade to the 2.0L motor. I have yet to see anything about the real Bronco getting them.

Sponsored

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just simply donā€™t like Fordā€™s +/- toggle button on the shifter. Looks lazy. Gimme paddles or a bump shift like Mazda.

SVT_GRL

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra, 2013 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm an engine brake junky in the mountains. I probably use it more than necessary. After you've driven through the Rockies a few times and every time you smell smoking brakes from people that don't understand this you make it a habit.
I still love that Pikeā€™s Peak checks your temperature on descent. I just coasted the whole way down. ?

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish the Bronco had them. While descending on twisty mountain roads, using the paddles to control engine braking is much nicer than taking a hand off the wheel.
Also going up to Oktoberfests, hikes, and general Rocky mountain stuff, this is Why I love my paddles on my Fusion
Sponsored