First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am thinking about paint protection film for my raptor when I get it. Main reason is to help with trail pin striping. XPEL has a new 10 mm thick one out. There information on it is its is for off road vehicles to protect from trail scratches. It claims to be self healing. I have used Xpel on the front of my corvettes with good results.

What are your thoughts on this? They are working me up a quote. XPEL already has a few kits for the Bronco Raptor. My guess is it will be around 3K for hood, both sides and flairs
Sponsored

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love the PPF just make sure you have a great installer it takes time to get it right around all the body curves. Worth the pretty penny it costs IMHO.

OP
OP
FLSTFI Dave

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I love the PPF just make sure you have a great installer it takes time to get it right around all the body curves. Worth the pretty penny it costs IMHO.
Does it actually protect from trail pin striping? You know branches are going to rub on these if you take them off road.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I looked into this a while back when XPEL got the templates done for the Bronco, the track / aka self healing PPF full wrap was going to be in the 6500 range by a XPEL "good" dealer install. I think others may have got closer to 5k. I may do a partial haven't decided.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does it actually protect from trail pin striping? You know branches are going to rub on these if you take them off road.
It will at the very least keep the pinstripes off the paint. I had mine done, love it, but it's been a while since I've done a good detail and had an opportunity to see if the film has any bad marks. Looks good under the dirt though.

I looked into this a while back when XPEL got the templates done for the Bronco, the track / aka self healing PPF full wrap was going to be in the 6500 range by a XPEL "good" dealer install. I think others may have got closer to 5k. I may do a partial haven't decided.
Mine was somewhere in the $3500 range for Xpel Ultimate using the full vehicle kit.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve heard good things about the XPEL PPF kits, they’re just so darn expensive.

On the 17th I have an appointment to start getting my BD wrapped in Hexis BodyFence Satin/Matte PPF. Installer gave me a piece of the film to play around with and just with my fingernails and some dirty/dusty fingers, I’m pleased with the protection it provides. I believe it will hold up just fine against some pinstriping and other minor scraps/dings, but I’m not so sure how it’ll handle stuff that gets thrown up from the front tires. I’ve read online that gravel can beat down the film pretty good on the lower area of the front doors - something mud flaps can help alleviate.

Some may be interested in quotes I received. I asked 2 places about a full XPEL Stealth PPF job: $6700 for one for a “platinum” (I think, at least) installer and the other was $6000.

I then asked a much smaller shop a bit further away from me and was quoted just $3000 for the entire PPF with Hexis BodyFence Satin/Matte - half the cost sold me on it

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
it will definitely protect from light scratches from branches and stuff. It is wicked easy to clean. Sand blasting will not hit the paint either if you Baja.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My shadow black raptor is finishing an xpel stealth install. I’ll share pics once it’s done.
I’ve seen some stealth wrapped Shadow Black Broncos. I think they’re great looking.

OP
OP
FLSTFI Dave

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If its 5K I think that will push it out of my ability to do it. Winch is most important thing to add. Only have so much money left to modify / accessorize. I'm waiting on the quote, they said a day or two.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FLSTFI Dave

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
it will definitely protect from light scratches from branches and stuff. It is wicked easy to clean. Sand blasting will not hit the paint either if you Baja.
This is what I was looking to hear.

onthelookout

Raptor
First Name
C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m going full PPF on mine (Shadow Black), with the amount of debris these tires will throw. Was considering stealth, but leaning towards clear. And quotes I was getting were between $5-8k.