First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
don't do the ceramic coating over top of ppf it changes the self healing part of the film and it will scratch. Spend a little extra and get the fusion ppf that has the ceramic built int the film. Im a expel dealer and always tell my customers the same thing even if I dont make as much money.
Wow, just looked that up, that's new! Thanks for the heads up.
Sponsored

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Scheib was true to his word . . . but there was ZERO prep, LOL. I saw one "after" where there had been a leaf and it got painted over. Man, thirty bucks for a paint job - I'd forgotten all about that.
When I was in HS I had a bug..removed all trim handles etc, got it prepped..used a bungee to hold hood shut driving there..painted right over it..thanks Earl!

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow, just looked that up, that's new! Thanks for the heads up.
use a ceramic coating MADE for PPFā€¦our ppf that we use is ceramic ā€œinfusedā€ but we still recommend ceramic coating the ppf with the right product.

you can use a ceramic infused ppf (wont last long) but it will last longer if you coat it. Then after two years you coat it again.

vick

First Name
Vick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
don't do the ceramic coating over top of ppf it changes the self healing part of the film and it will scratch. Spend a little extra and get the fusion ppf that has the ceramic built int the film. Im a expel dealer and always tell my customers the same thing even if I dont make as much money.
Got a link for this stuff? Canā€™t find it

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well I have heard both sides of the argument, but I am going to trust my installer since they have the creds to back it up. I will ask them about the fusion, but the material has already been ordered so going with it as I am sure they are using specialized ceramic.

sunpro2010

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Raptor (9-7 build day)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For my knowledge of 22 years in the industry, no. Do it if you want, but this is my experience with my own vehicle and a fellow shop owner next town over.

foremi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, T1 V10, T7, YXZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I canā€™t speak out of personal experience since the bronco is the first time Iā€™ve ever bought ppf for anything but my installer (who uses stek film) basically said the same thing. That putting ceramic coating over top a good film with ceramic properties wonā€™t do much. I would be inclined to say it seems like an easy up charge and one I would suggest on my film (stek dynoshield) I would never know if they actually put it on or not. Iā€™ll let you read between the lines.

Now.. 2+ years from now we will see. I donā€™t have a reason to add anything on top of mine since ~3months and most of a Michigan winter later the ppf covered parts of the bronco look perfect still without being washed. Iā€™m not gonna do anything to the film (except some washes) unless I need to.

sunpro2010

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Raptor (9-7 build day)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well I have heard both sides of the argument, but I am going to trust my installer since they have the creds to back it up. I will ask them about the fusion, but the material has already been ordered so going with it as I am sure they are using specialized ceramic.
For sure, you do you. this is my experience. I've been certified installer for 3M, Ceramic Pro and have been with Xpel for 5 years now. Xpel will only warranty it if it is their fusion ceramic. Anyone else's ceramic will void the warranty. I will post a warranty card tomorrow when I get to the shop.

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A local company affiliated with a local group Iā€™m in uses stek paint protection film and I had them do full sides and hood on my 2dr and it was roughly $3000.

I have no experience with ppf but I have plenty of experience with ceramic coatings and do my own paint protection and correction. I have been blown away with how well it keeps clean with out me touching it and you canā€™t tell itā€™s wrapped unless you look for the edges that are hidden for the most part.

Since I took delivery in November I havenā€™t had mine on any trails yet but pin striping from branches was the primary reason I got it done.
Branches will still pin stripe the PPF but will save the paint. Light will heel and deeper will not.

Sponsored

foremi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, T1 V10, T7, YXZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Branches will still pin stripe the PPF but will save the paint. Light will heel and deeper will not.
That is the point. I scratched my ā€˜18 Colorado zr2 all to hell and didnā€™t want to do the same to the Bronco. Even more so now that Cyber Orange is gone.

Donā€™t want a garage queen, but Iā€™ll feel better doing trails in Michiganā€™s UP with ppf taking the scratches and not the paint.

Iā€™m not entirely clear on the last sentence though

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is the point. I scratched my ā€˜18 Colorado zr2 all to hell and didnā€™t want to do the same to the Bronco. Even more so now that Cyber Orange is gone.

Donā€™t want a garage queen, but Iā€™ll feel better doing trails in Michiganā€™s UP with ppf taking the scratches and not the paint.

Iā€™m not entirely clear on the last sentence though
Light scratchā€™s will disappear with the sun healing it. Deep scratches wonā€™t heal but still offer protection. Iā€™m in that spot now, but your thinking is spot on.

vick

First Name
Vick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was planning on getting Ceramic done today on a shadow black raptor. I am already seeing scratches and I havent even got the vehicle washed yet and the dealer didnā€™t either. Just highlights how soft the paint is. The dealer ran his paint measure it was 96.
So just shows you how wack the factory paint is. Going to switch to PPF I think now. I wonā€™t be able to handle the small
Scratches and swirls

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yup, Iā€™m amazed at the scratches already with 1k miles and 1 month in. Wow! Cheap paint job and off-road once.

vick

First Name
Vick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yup, Iā€™m amazed at the scratches already with 1k miles and 1 month in. Wow! Cheap paint job and off-road once.
i am assuming you didnt get any paint stuff done right?
Sponsored