First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m picking up my new 4 door outer banks today. It’s eruption green and I changing the Sasquatch wheels and tires for old school polished aluminum Mickey Thompson’s with OWL BFG tires. I think it would look really good with a white or off-white top. Has anyone tried it and how did you do it?? Thanks!
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are several people who have painted and/or wrapped their hard top.

Painting requires a ton of prep work, and it'll be pricey to do it correctly. There was (at least) two separate posts on this forum from people who have painted it, one of them was a DIY—but he also knew how to paint professionally and the results came out awesome. (Of course I can't find either of them now because the search function on this site is horrific.)

If you are looking to do a DIY, wrapping is probably the best option. It'll also be substantially more economical. @BudgetBronco wrapped his and documented it on his YouTube channel.

Last edited:
OP
OP

N747JB

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you, my brother in law owns 4 body shops, so I’m sure he could get it painted, but I’m thinking wrapping isn’t permanent!

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With the Eruption Green I think I would go with more of a cream color but I'm sure an autobody shop would rock it.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you, my brother in law owns 4 body shops, so I’m sure he could get it painted, but I’m thinking wrapping isn’t permanent!
That is definitely a benefit of the wrap option. You can try different color options and then maybe paint later when you find the one you like.

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m picking up my new 4 door outer banks today. It’s eruption green and I changing the Sasquatch wheels and tires for old school polished aluminum Mickey Thompson’s with OWL BFG tires. I think it would look really good with a white or off-white top. Has anyone tried it and how did you do it?? Thanks!
I would wrap it. Plus if you don't like it it can come off.

eugenemoyer8

Base
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love your 1974 Bronco my dad had one the same color he bought brand new brings back fond memories
Sponsored