First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph TR6, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I was considering getting my Wildtrak 2-door wrapped. Is this a good or terrible idea on a vehicle like the Bronco? I have heard some say it may protect the paint. Thoughts or experiences?
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I was considering getting my Wildtrak 2-door wrapped. Is this a good or terrible idea on a vehicle like the Bronco? I have heard some say it may protect the paint. Thoughts or experiences?
PPF great idea with ceramic coating...especially on dark colors that show every scratch/dirt mark.

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you plan on taking it off road then PPF is a good idea.
A wrap is not. It's thinner than PPF and will get scratched and look like crap.
It would be better than nothing and at least the wrap would be getting scratched and not the paint. But it's kind of expensive to be replacing on a regular basis.
On the other hand if you know you're not going to be getting it scratched up and want to change the color, then go for it.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did a complete PPF on my more-door and it was totally worth it. The Ozarks sure do have some tight trails ;)

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can repaint your car for the cost of a complete PPF. The satin finish does look cool, and I would imagine original paint in good condition is worth a little more then a repaint.

I know the Bronco is new and beautiful but if your really going to use it I lean closer to 'just scratch' the damn thing and don't worry about it again. Think of all the headspace you save. I also live in the land of Arizona Pinstripes.

I went for a partial wrap, to cover where I sling the most dirt, it was all of $250 self installed, and it is imperfect. I also have the hood deflector.

It's your money spend whatever makes your comfortable. Regret would be the only mistake possible.

Ford Bronco Wrapping - Good or bad idea? 20230715_152301
Sponsored