Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there. This "parking brake failure" concern doesn't sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
So I sent the Nice Lady all my stuff. She said she made a claim. A different person contacted me tells me That they thought I had contacted Ford saying I had a problem. I told them I didn't Ford contacted me though the forum asking me to have it checked out I never said I cared I figured it was my fault and I even said that I'm trying to put it in gear while its still trying to crank up. So the claims lady not the lady on the forum. Told me if I had no problems with it claim is closed good by. I told her the Lady on the forum is trying to find out why its happening to others and I don't mind helping she was like if you don't have a problem Ford doesn't. I told her again I was like why don't you get with the lady on the forum and then get back to me I don't mind helping she asked me again do you have a problem with your Bronco I was like no it doesn't bother me she said ok I'm closing the claim. It was clear to me I was just another person complaining and just another number. All BS aside I felt like the lady wasn't trying to help me or Ford she was trying to meet a quota. I told all this to the forum lady for Ford and told her if they really do record it she should go listen to it.

Sorry, Guys and girls but I'm not dropping my Bronco off for it to sit a week because I'm just a number wanting my car fixed. If I was dropping it off because Ford wanted to know what was wrong get it fixed and right back to me no problem I have no problem helping. I'll have it checked over the winter when the top is back on it.

(((I want to be very clear the lady on the forum was very nice but when she passed it on I was just a number)))
Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think about it this is just a pic way more alerts for the same thing but when my wife drives it it never happens. It has to be something I'm doing like starting it and putting it in gear too fast. Maybe when I park it I am still mashing the brake while I shut it off I don't know but what I do know is it works just not on start up for a few seconds after I do something that my 900mph self does.
Ford Bronco "Parking Brake Failure" message before start-up IMG_0259.PNG

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had the same problem but only when all doors and tops were off. I asked my service department and he said it is a safety feature and if you BUCKLE up first, it won't happen. I haven't had a chance to truly test it as my doors have been back on since then. But maybe you all could test it.

I did not want to take in as I was not about to be without a vehicle (again).

OP
OP
Moose7

Moose7

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover NAS D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine happened with simply unlocking and opening the door. So, engine start and seatbelts didn't enter into it?

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine happened with simply unlocking and opening the door. So, engine start and seatbelts didn't enter into it?

And also, means your doors were on. My error only happened with doors off.

Sponsored

Jgibbons1685

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone ever get a resolution to this issue? Just happened to me today when I opened the driver side door. Message went away and did not register on my Ford app. I have a whole 55 miles on mine.

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Remote unlock doors, and opened the driver door. Message "Parking Brake Failure - Service Now" on the screen, and a two-tone dinging. Message disappeared before attempting to start the vehicle. Start was normal, no warnings or messages appeared after start. Only have 220miles on the odometer.

Anyone else have this happen? Thoughts?

2.7, Auto, Sasquatch, Badlands ... if it matters.
Happened once at under 1k miles - has 9500 now. No issues

Gofar

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco 4dr base sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone ever get a resolution to this issue? Just happened to me today when I opened the driver side door. Message went away and did not register on my Ford app. I have a whole 55 miles on mine.
I had a park brake fault alarm, bells ringing all the time while moving.
Dropped it off at the dealership for a week before they looked at it.
It was a failed left park brake motor. It was replaced under warranty.

Gofar

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco 4dr base sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
A side note, in the 16,000 miles I drove the bronco I never used the park brake

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had this happen to me last week on the way back from Raleigh, about 200 miles into the drive. I had stopped for gas. Doors on, windows up, Bestop closed. I started the vehicle, saw and acknowledged the error, and didn't see any further issues. I verified that the rear wheels were not dragging, then went about my drive. Approximately 8600 miles on the vehicle when it happened.

No further symptoms.

JR

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had this happen to me last week on the way back from Raleigh, about 200 miles into the drive. I had stopped for gas. Doors on, windows up, Bestop closed. I started the vehicle, saw and acknowledged the error, and didn't see any further issues. I verified that the rear wheels were not dragging, then went about my drive. Approximately 8600 miles on the vehicle when it happened.

No further symptoms.

JR
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

enro

Black Diamond
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine started last week when I was leaving work. Beeped all the way home and would not turn off. I finally took it into the dealer on Friday. Thankfully, my extended warranty covers the rental as my Bronco is my only vehicle. Dealer told me they are getting lots of Broncos in for it right now.

RestAssured

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat—>Honda Odyssey—>???
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Joined the Park Brake Fault club today. Manual trans with about 900 miles on it. Pulled into a parking lot and tried to set the parking brake when I got the error. Hopefully this just goes away?

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Start your Bronco, turn it off and then sit inside the cab. After about 15mins you’ll hear the parking brake engage.

If you put your foot on the brake and push the start button you’ll get all the errors.

If you don’t put your foot in the brake and press the start button to power the accessory mode then you can hear the parking brake disengage. Then a normal start can be done without those errors.

Alternatively, If you first open the door then you hear the parking brake disengage. Close the door and start with no issues.

I suspect the issue revolves around a door open sensor, which is why people see this commonly when the doors have been removed.
Sponsored