Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BlackDiamond SAS 4DR HT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have seen some posts on this topic but not exactly what I'm experiencing, I am curious if anyone has run into this issue and how you fixed it?

My front-passenger window whistles loudly but only when I'm doing hwy speed and in certain windy conditions. The whistle sounds high pitched like there is a small gap somewhere but I've inspected it and the driver side (side that doesn't have an issue) and I cannot see any differences. This is also something that happens only while doing hwy speed so its too dangerous to tinker with on the hwy. I even tried setting up a airblower against and can't reproduce.

I have tried resetting the window and no improvement, I have also while driving tried cracking/depressurizing just enough to roll back up and that can sometimes help. When my stereo up loudly I don't hear it but without it cranked its enough to drive someone insane long enough!

Has anyone run into this issue before and any ideas on how to fix?

UPDATE: I have a MIC hard top if that helps
Sponsored

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you sure it is the Window and not the MIC top?

OP
OP
jayson

jayson

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

According
Are you sure it is the Window and not the MIC top?
According to my passengers who have diagnosed it, but its challenging to pinpoint!

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
According

According to my passengers who have diagnosed it, but its challenging to pinpoint!
The reason I asked is because I thought I had a similar issue on my driver rear window. Turns out it was a gap in the between the weather seal on the mic top and the side of the bronco (right above the window).

Dealership was able to realign it and it helped significant but i still get a tiny whistle when I first start blasting the heat on a cold morning. Once everything warms up and expands it goes away.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's some threads on how to do an adjustment to the window. It might not be pressing on the seal enough. Also, I think there's a fix for some window issues, like a TSB or something. IIRC, in some cases the window wasn't rolling all the way up.

My passenger window squeaks. In my case, the dealer service took the door panel off and I don't think they got it back on and dust gets down in the door and squeaks.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
jayson

jayson

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The reason I asked is because I thought I had a similar issue on my driver rear window. Turns out it was a gap in the between the weather seal on the mic top and the side of the bronco (right above the window).

Dealership was able to realign it and it helped significant but i still get a tiny whistle when I first start blasting the heat on a cold morning. Once everything warms up and expands it goes away.
Mind sending me a pic of the area you narrowed to, or referencing your post?

OP
OP
jayson

jayson

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's some threads on how to do an adjustment to the window. It might not be pressing on the seal enough. Also, I think there's a fix for some window issues, like a TSB or something. IIRC, in some cases the window wasn't rolling all the way up.

My passenger window squeaks. In my case, the dealer service took the door panel off and I don't think they got it back on and dust gets down in the door and squeaks.
I couldn't find a TSB. I've taken it to the dealer and they can't reproduce... didn't think I need a manual window adjustment. I'm hoping the official Ford corporate folks take note here since it seems others are facing these similar issues.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I couldn't find a TSB. I've taken it to the dealer and they can't reproduce... didn't think I need a manual window adjustment. I'm hoping the official Ford corporate folks take note here since it seems others are facing these similar issues.
I wouldn't hold your breath... :whistle:

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mind sending me a pic of the area you narrowed to, or referencing your post?
Will snap a few pics after my conference call

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have seen some posts on this topic but not exactly what I'm experiencing, I am curious if anyone has run into this issue and how you fixed it?

My front-passenger window whistles loudly but only when I'm doing hwy speed and in certain windy conditions. The whistle sounds high pitched like there is a small gap somewhere but I've inspected it and the driver side (side that doesn't have an issue) and I cannot see any differences. This is also something that happens only while doing hwy speed so its too dangerous to tinker with on the hwy. I even tried setting up a airblower against and can't reproduce.

I have tried resetting the window and no improvement, I have also while driving tried cracking/depressurizing just enough to roll back up and that can sometimes help. When my stereo up loudly I don't hear it but without it cranked its enough to drive someone insane long enough!

Has anyone run into this issue before and any ideas on how to fix?

UPDATE: I have a MIC hard top if that helps
Greetings, Jayson! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to see how I can assist you with this whistle concern.

Sponsored

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
there used to be a gape between this seal on the mic panel and frame of the bronco

IMG_1386.jpeg

IMG_1385.jpeg

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2-door passenger door whistles badly with a cross wind at speed. I have to carry gaffers tape for road trips and tape it closed sometimes.

Two local dealers are clueless, not really interested in helping. Won’t call me back. Etc.

OP
OP
jayson

jayson

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2-door passenger door whistles badly with a cross wind at speed. I have to carry gaffers tape for road trips and tape it closed sometimes.

Two local dealers are clueless, not really interested in helping. Won’t call me back. Etc.
Have you narrowed it down to the area its coming from?

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have ditch lights? Sometimes those can whistle.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I experienced whistling for the first time this past weekend. I was driving back from Vegas and there was significant headwind and crosswind. My passenger said the whistling sounded like the top rear section of the front passenger window. Air could be felt forcing its way between the window and the weather-stripping in that area, according to my passenger, during strong gusts of wind.
Sponsored