Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nah you not overthinking, you just thinking... I'm in the same boat. I like the steelies, but what pushes me to Sas or Badlands is that the suspensions are better. I am not sure I want sta bar disco because I don't know how reliable it will be 3 years from now (after the warranty is up). At least we have time to decide right?
I've leaned BaseSas... then find the steelies someone took off their BD and buy them up quickly. BaseSas would leave me more room to make changes/additions like that in my budget too. :unsure:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
😲 My heart has been with Jeep for decades and probably always will be, but this is exactly the kind of thing that is pushing me towards Ford. I know Ford powertrains aren't perfect, but Jeep's quality, never good, has become totally unacceptable. The RMS blew on my JK 3.6L at 70k miles and it was not uncommon for them to fail with much fewer miles. That this is still happening with the JL is nuts. From the JK onwards, their motors have these catastrophic oil leaks that appear without warning and completely let go in a short period of time.

Congrats on the Bronco. (y)
Yeah, if the engine blows up before the dealer calls me back, I may be using that reservation for a second Bronco!

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I got SAS, I'd run the 35's until they wore out, then put 33's on. At least that's my plan when considering SAS option Broncos. Another thing, that many don't care for but I love are, the steelies... which we all know are only with BD non Sas. Then I think of just putting 33's on the BD non Sas build after the original tires wear out.

I know I'm overthinking all of this, but it's been a fun exercise at the same time.
Did you see the thread from the guy that got the red Black Diamond and put 33s on it stock? It looks awesome and fit with no problems. I think the BD is another great value in the lineup. Rear locker plus bash plates and rock rails. That’s all I really would have needed and would have had to add the underbody protection stuff to a BaseSquatch.

tatud4life

Base
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's close to what I am getting. Except I'm getting a 2-dr, SAS, with the high package. Sweet looking ride buddy!

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No flaming here... just jealous cause you got my ride 😂. Can you give some more opinions on the 2.3L? How does it do merging, acceleration once driving, does the turbo kick in seamlessly or is it noticeable?

Also how was the noise of the soft top?
So, I need to read up on the break-in period and then I’ll post up some thoughts. I haven’t pushed it at all, but it does feel a little less peppy than the 2.0 Jeep. That said, the 2.0 Jeep is surprisingly quick. I drove the 2.0, the V6, and the diesel and the turbo 4 was by far the most eager in my opinion. I suspect the 2.7 will be a good bit quicker, but I would rather have the manual with crawler gear than any engine with an auto. I know the 10-speed is a great box, but I just really enjoy the manual.

Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've leaned BaseSas... then find the steelies someone took off their BD and buy them up quickly. BaseSas would leave me more room to make changes/additions like that in my budget too. :unsure:
Yeah if you are not heart set on BD then Base is where to go. I want MGV or Leather so that takes me straight to BD or higher. I live in Hawaii and cloth takes a beating here from rain, humidity and sweat... I'm not a fan of seat covers (probably because I haven't had ones I like) so I would rather a seat material that won't hold in all that moisture and smell like a wet dog... that is my main reason for BD. I also want the auto start... again living in Hawaii I like to get her running before I hop in for my drive to work or the store. going to the beach I dont need the remote start...

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I need to read up on the break-in period and then I’ll post up some thoughts. I haven’t pushed it at all, but it does feel a little less peppy than the 2.0 Jeep. That said, the 2.0 Jeep is surprisingly quick. I drove the 2.0, the V6, and the diesel and the turbo 4 was by far the most eager in my opinion. I suspect the 2.7 will be a good bit quicker, but I would rather have the manual with crawler gear than any engine with an auto. I know the 10-speed is a great box, but I just really enjoy the manual.
Thanks, I'll be standing by for more opinions of the 2.3 as you get her broke. This vehicle is driving me crazy because I want it all 😂. Decisions decisions

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This vehicle is driving me crazy because I want it all 😂. Decisions decisions
So this is the mentality that I think we all fall victim to. It’s like a snowball effect of checking options, then saying well it’s only a little more for this…. Before you know it, your $35k base is a $65k Badlands😬. But from my initial experience, I am not going to miss any of the options mine doesn’t have (except maybe heated seats). It just really feels like a well-equipped vehicle. Even the bade manual climate control feels modern and “nice.” Also, I think the materials of the interior are better than the pre-production models I saw. The MGV is pretty nice. As others have said, there are some lower quality plastics for sure and the seems on the inside of the soft top are downright kit car level, but I just don’t really care. It’s a convertible off-roader (granted a pretty pricey one).

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you see the thread from the guy that got the red Black Diamond and put 33s on it stock? It looks awesome and fit with no problems. I think the BD is another great value in the lineup. Rear locker plus bash plates and rock rails. That’s all I really would have needed and would have had to add the underbody protection stuff to a BaseSquatch.
I did... It's what opened me back up to BD and going down this rabbit hole all over again. LOL

edit: using his numbers from the upgrade, I figured adding SAS was worth it on the BD since I'd add all the Sas capabilities. Potentially finding the BD steelies down the road and going back to 33's with the smaller flares. All my builds include some sort of changes going forward, so I'm having fun figuring out what I want to do.

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[insert flame here]. But really though, are you going to reveal how much ADM you were willing to pay over MSRP?

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is exactly that all the hullabaloo has been about on the forum, with Dealerships "stealing" people's orders... either directly, or by inflating the prices so much that the reservation holder walks and leaves the Bronco for the dealership to sell to the highest bidder...

(Obviously in this case, it seems like it was an honest acquisition by the dealership and they did the right thing by not marking it up.(
I've come to the conclusion that dealer hijinks will likely backfire in this situation, if the 20% "true to order" number rumored is accurate. I think 20% isn't an overly aggressive number to imagine walking away. Dealerships who try to manufacture stock to sell by ordering without permission or charging ADM that encourages people to walk away are going to end up with more than 20% non-takers.

Now, maybe that's worth it to some, and I don't know what the penalties actually are, but if the end "non-take" rate is under 15% from the initial round of orders I'll be surprised.

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats on your Bronco! No one has any right to flame you for this. If anything, they should be happy that a cancelled order went to a different reservation holder, instead of some random rich guy. We should all be hoping that reservation holders are taken care of, before the general public has access.
Congrats, indeed! +1 to what @BaseSquatch said. Really glad to see this is going to someone who has a Bronco res to begin with, and equally pleased to see the dealer was fair. Enjoy!!

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great looking Bronco. Congratulations!

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That's what I'm thinking. The price benefit of baseSAS leaves funds for upgrades without feeling like money was blown on factory options. I really like a Badlands, for the lockers, skid plates, rock rails, sway bar, etc, but can't justify the price difference. We'll tow this behind the motorhome and my wife needs to get in it easily, which is another vote for the BL. I'm thinking I'll sell the baseSAS rims and tires and put on a non-black set of nice wheels and 33's. That also gives me 33's on 4.7 gearing, which might be nice with the 2.3.
Sponsored