JTsGarage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are right on about the strong opinions on Wrangler vs. Bronco. The vehicles are so similar and most of the arguments about SFA vs IFS are completely overblown. I'm just stoked that we have both a great Jeep and a great Bronco on the market...in 2021...in a land with an insatiable appetite for dime-a-dozen FWD crossover "SUVS". Your Bronco looks awesome! Congrats.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Rcarpen22 , am wondering where you are in MD, too. Am in the Baltimore area and still haven't seen a Big Bronco on the road yet. Congrats on your Bronco!!
The only one I’ve seen on the road (other than mine) was a Rapid Red Wild Track on a car hauler headed southeast from Michigan. I still haven’t seen anyone else driving one. I got a few people wanting to come up and look and chat, but not as many as I might have expected.

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are right on about the strong opinions on Wrangler vs. Bronco. The vehicles are so similar and most of the arguments about SFA vs IFS are completely overblown. I'm just stoked that we have both a great Jeep and a great Bronco on the market...in 2021...in a land with an insatiable appetite for dime-a-dozen FWD crossover "SUVS". Your Bronco looks awesome! Congrats.
Right on. That’s the thing that strikes me the most is How similar they are. I think the Bronco’s on-road advantage is a little overblown and I think the Jeep’s off-road advantage is similarly overblown. If anyone was on the fence, I’d say just test drive both and buy the one that speaks to you. I think they are both awesome.
Ford Bronco Picked up a Badlands 7CA4CD3D-6F72-4550-8C1B-2ABC863DA865

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome! Congrats and I like hearing your opinion on the "creature comforts" from your original post in the thread. I've still been debating the BaseSas vs BD, but that's for me to figure out. Always interesting to hear feedback about what others find important or not. Thanks.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, I am a little hesitant to post for the potential flaming, but here it goes…
Thanks for sharing! Nice to get some review and comparison from a 4x4 fan who has owned various makes.

Sponsored

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice A51 with stock Badlands rims. I've been looking at pics with that combo!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why the heck would somebody order a Badlands then not even put at least mid on it? I guess if one felt the need for sway bar disco but damn they could have done even a base/BB or BD with Squatch cheaper and still got mid on BB/BD.

edit* didn't notice it was a manual so not Sasquatch on lower options but still, damn.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Congratulations on the score! Can you come to PA and let me test drive it for a month or so? LOL.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

thats gonna be a rare combo.

Sponsored

Tadel001

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘87 Defender 110 RHD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We will be doing a Cove trip in the Fall. Definitely will get any broncos that want to come out. I think for the Maryland area, the Cove is the best package of camping, trails, etc.

Glue Guy

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Congrats on picking up a great vehicle! And thanks for posting!

ive been considering changing my BD2.7 order to this exact set up. Too bad for me you got there first!

I’ve also been hoping / expecting that as production picks up there will be more and more of these available for purchase at dealers due to buyers not finished the purchase. Wishful thinking?

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome! Congrats and I like hearing your opinion on the "creature comforts" from your original post in the thread. I've still been debating the BaseSas vs BD, but that's for me to figure out. Always interesting to hear feedback about what others find important or not. Thanks.
Honestly, my opinion is that between a BaseSquatch and a Badlands, you’re paying a lot of extra money for vinyl instead of cloth and disco sway. BaseSquatch is a MUCH better deal. That said, I actually prefer 33s to 35s for everything other than looking cool. I do all kinds of stuff in our JLU that the guys are doing on 35s and mine has 32s. I never scrape because I’m careful with my line. And that’s what skids are for anyway.

Why the heck would somebody order a Badlands then not even put at least mid on it? I guess if one felt the need for sway bar disco but damn they could have done even a base/BB or BD with Squatch cheaper and still got mid on BB/BD.

edit* didn't notice it was a manual so not Sasquatch on lower options but still, damn.
I hear you and I definitely would have opted for mid if this had been an order, but honestly, I would have gotten it 100% for the heated seats. I don’t care about anything else in mid. I mean dual climate would be nice, but I’m taking the soft top completely off and it will basically never go back on. It’s Bimini top 10 months of the year and drive something else in January and February. So as long as I can blast heat from the floor, I’m good.

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve also been hoping / expecting that as production picks up there will be more and more of these available for purchase at dealers due to buyers not finished the purchase. Wishful thinking?
I’m guessing there will be. It’s easy to get excited and throw around $100. It’s a little more real when it shows up and they want $50k!