Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good point!

The removable part should be on the bottom not the top. Or better yet, just a straight(ish) crossmember near the top of the frame like the one behind it.

Holy cow, nice catch. That's a bigger deal.... You got me thinking...
No "removable" part I see. That xmember was NOT on the frame we saw earlier. Would have to be Sawzalled off. Why though? W/all the other turds ive had to suck on to keep wanting a bronco now they kick me in the balls w/that? Done
Sponsored

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks like there may be some room to enlarge the fuel tank... ?

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know Ford has engineers who think of these things, but the chances of a clean oil change don’t look good. Just eyeballing with the placement of the motor mounts I would put the drain plug just above the SBD. Maybe the deep part of the oil pan is in the front and the plug would be just behind the axle??

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No "removable" part I see.
The top 1/2 of the hoop is bolted on. At least it looks that way. It also appears like the gas tank skid might be bolted to the hoop.

If the perspective is goofy and that hoop is really near the transfer case then it may not be so bad....

They put so much thought into this, it seems strange to make such a big screw up here....

Lanman12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swede
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^ What are you guys taking about?

Sponsored

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fuel doors should be on the passenger side exclusively, so we can pull up tight to the pump while not having to worry about throwing our doors into the metal/concrete barriers next to fuel pumps.

Driver's side fuel doors are for housewives and little girls, change my mind. :coffee:

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No "removable" part I see. That xmember was NOT on the frame we saw earlier. Would have to be Sawzalled off. Why though? W/all the other turds ive had to suck on to keep wanting a bronco now they kick me in the balls w/that? Done
You guys need to calm down. The loop is only shown in the 2nd photo. The later pictures, especially the last one don't have it. My guess is that it is an early frame and didn't move forward. The last picture shown a cross member in front of the rear axle that passes at a higher elevation than the axle. No issues with a lift.

That loop frame doesn't even make sense if you account for axle droop. You'd hang up the driveshaft with even a modest droop let alone putting a lift on it. Also, how would the body sit on the frame with the upper bolt on portion of the loop? It would protrude into the foot space of the rear seat or into the rear seat and we've not seen that.

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Driveshaft loop...that xmember makes lift impossible...

OK, I did some homework :) I think the loop was always there and it's up by the transfer case, so should not be a big deal. Fingers crossed. See attached photos.

Ford Bronco Pics: Bronco Frame, Chassis and Suspension FrameHoop_bronco_parts_01-

[EDIT]
Here's one more photo, it's all good. The hoop is at the transfer case connection. Seems like not such a big deal. I'll sleep better :)

Ford Bronco Pics: Bronco Frame, Chassis and Suspension FrameHoop_bronco_parts_02-

[/EDIT]

Last edited:

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fuel doors should be on the passenger side exclusively, so we can pull up tight to the pump while not having to worry about throwing our doors into the metal/concrete barriers next to fuel pumps.

Driver's side fuel doors are for housewives and little girls, change my mind. :coffee:
My Toyotas all have the filler on the left, my Subaru has it on the right. All three have the tank on the same side as the filler. I agree with your theory why the right is better, but it seems to be the minority. Having the filler on one side and the tank on the other just seems odd and makes me wonder how they safely route the plumbing.

jrustyasl

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle: Honda VTX 1300
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is funny that they have the label of wrangler on their tires, I would have flipped the tires over to hide that lol!! But these pics are awesome!!

Sponsored

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What in the shit is up with the CV angle? That can't be production angles. Even the outer tie rod is angry.
Don't worry about it. There's not body, bumpers etc. It's probably at 1/2 its production weight in that photo. With everything installed it will settle in.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Don't worry about it. There's not body, bumpers etc. It's probably at 1/2 its production weight in that photo. With everything installed it will settle in.
These angle look legit. Looks like different suspension too. I am hyper sensitive to CV angles coming from a lifted 5th Gen 4Runner...you can tell.
Ford Bronco Pics: Bronco Frame, Chassis and Suspension 1601784906912

View attachment 43578

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As an engineer, these pics are AWESOME!

for everyone else, chill TFO.

you guys need to chill out on the tow points. You really think those wouldn’t be strong enough? ?

and the frame “hoop”. Seriously NBD. There is likely virtually very little driveshaft displacement at that point. Not worried about lifting.

and CV angles? Said already but cmon use your noggin. The thing has no body or powertrain in it!
Sponsored