Sponsored

Placed an order for a Wildtrak 4d and changing to a Badlands have a question first.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to start a controversy about the 110 Defender, but if it wasn't for the fact that you can bounce the Bronco like an oversized UTV on back roads things might be different ....at 60K it's only about 13K away from or for 73K you can get a nice 110 Defender at that put me on the edge of getting a landrover. I know that the reliability is not there, but you get a very good-looking SUV with a superior interior, and probably fit and finish. I'm not a fanboy of any brand. I just want something fun and reliable, that not bad to look at in the driveway. But I'm not afraid to say that I have been teetering on the edge. Anyway, Monday I will make the switch to the Badlands and load it up. One last complaint about Ford is the color choices. Cactus grey should be call mint-grey because it is definitely mint green. I ordered that color and I have been having second thoughts, the Cyber orange may look too loud on the 4 door, the area 51 gets lost in the crowd (but nice color to take care of I will bet) The white look like a milk truck, the bright red to Hot-wheel-esh, the other color are fine but not for me. Anyway, I'm not getting married to it so I guess I will just have some fun.
I'd suggest you spend a few minutes (or hours or days) using the search tools and reading through the forum - everything you have commented on is here for you in painstaking detail if you want to get the background and more. In terms of the Defender - yes it is a great looking truck, but saying "I know that the reliability is not there" is a HUGE understatement, and a historical trademark at this point for JLR. If I remotely thought I could own it past the warranty period or not have to worry about getting left on a trail with a dead truck, I'd consider it.

However, the big factor for many people here, me included, is that we want a "roof off" experience. This iteration of the Defender gives you some glass. Not the same thing. But if you need towing capacity, are only keeping it for the lease period or warranty time, and are okay potentially having it in the shop often, then have at it. If you choose a Bronco (and particularly a Badlands), enjoy the wild!

Edit: One more thing...yeah, Cactus is NOT mint green. Earlier Ford render made it look like that, but the recently amended. There are threads on that too, but it is a color that different people can perceive in different ways in different light. There are many current and recent Ford vehicles in this color that you can find on any dealer lot to see it for yourself. All of these are best seen in person (AMB is nearly black, A51 has different perceptions by people and Cyber Orange is impossible to find as I believe only on the Bronco and Sport and the new Mustang)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
not tame

not tame

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 C8 Vette, F10 M5 BMW, F150 Shelby, F250 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd suggest you spend a few minutes (or hours or days) using the search tools and reading through the forum - everything you have commented on is here for you in painstaking detail if you want to get the background and more. In terms of the Defender - yes it is a great looking truck, but saying "I know that the reliability is not there" is a HUGE understatement, and a historical trademark at this point for JLR. If I remotely thought I could own it past the warranty period or not have to worry about getting left on a trail with a dead truck, I'd consider it.

However, the big factor for many people here, me included, is that we want a "roof off" experience. This iteration of the Defender gives you some glass. Not the same thing. But if you need towing capacity, are only keeping it for the lease period or warranty time, and are okay potentially having it in the shop often, then have at it. If you choose a Bronco (and particularly a Badlands), enjoy the wild!

Edit: One more thing...yeah, Cactus is NOT mint green. Earlier Ford render made it look like that, but the recently amended. There are threads on that too, but it is a color that different people can perceive in different ways in different light. There are many current and recent Ford vehicles in this color that you can find on any dealer lot to see it for yourself. All of these are best seen in person (AMB is nearly black, A51 has different perceptions by people and Cyber Orange is impossible to find as I believe only on the Bronco and Sport and the new Mustang)

I was not going to but I will take the "bait" to respond to your comment and suggestion. (I take the days, hours, etc) to do the research through the forum....Well gosh if everyone did these we would not have so many opinions, would we? ....."Painstaking details"..LOL ..... 2nd I said "not good reliability"..oh it's a"HUGE understatement" (Sounds like my 12-year-old daughter the contrarian) whatever I say it's just the opposite.......... lastly, I have seen 'cactus gray' in person on a Ranger in Dallas just last Thursday. It's mint green to me I'm not talking about a rendering. Good Lord......some people on the internet just love correct, and nit-pick over the smallest details.

Last edited:

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CO is on the Ranger too, I have now seen a couple. I really like the color, just not the premium price plus repairability on the 3 stage paint is a bit of a concern, so passing for now.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have seen it in person It's mint green to me I'm not talking about a rendering.
Well, then I guess you are one of the ones who actually do see it that way....so what color does the new render look like to you?

I'd definitely suggest seeing any Bronco color in person then, and in multiple lighting conditions as you may get a surprise with some of these. But please let us know if AMB looks remotely blue to you - then at least we will understand that the designers have the same color receptors as you. ;)

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
CO is on the Ranger too, I have now seen a couple. I really like the color, just not the premium price plus repairability on the 3 stage paint is a bit of a concern, so passing for now.
Thanks - didn't realize. I've been doing "inventory" searches for the Cyber Orange in my area (Philly) and have not seen any yet. I'll check for Rangers as well now...

Sponsored
OP
OP
not tame

not tame

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, then I guess you are one of the ones who actually do see it that way....so what color does the new render look like to you?

I'd definitely suggest seeing any Bronco color in person then, and in multiple lighting conditions as you may get a surprise with some of these. But please let us know if AMB looks remotely blue to you - then at least we will understand that the designers have the same color receptors as you. ;)

Yes I have seen it in-person and in the rendering, it looks grey and I love the renderings...but in person and under excellent light on the showroom floor of 5star ford in Carrollton TX it looks mint green at first I loved it but after staring at it for a while I am worried it will get old fast. Its looks very close to "Luner-rock" on the Toyota

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I have seen it in-person and in the rendering, it looks grey and I love the renderings...but in person and under excellent light on the showroom floor of 5star ford in Carrollton TX it looks mint green at first I loved it but after staring at it for a while I am worried it will get old fast. Its looks very close to "Luner-rock" on the Toyota
So it really is one of those "eye of the beholder" colors. We have people on here spanning the range from 'tinge of blue' to 'cement gray' to 'mint green' depending upon lighting (natural vs artifical), overcast vs sunny and reflective (what color might be nearby). I had a neighbor with one and, to me, it was 'fighter jet gray'. Saw one at the dealer and it showed some mint. For some, this chameleon effect is a bonus - for others, frustrating. Couple of good jokes in here somewhere on explaining your CG color to others...

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford really screwed up on this ..you can order a Wildtrak with lockers but NO sway-bar disconnect ! and from what I read (please correct me if I'm wrong) but the Badland has no carpet on the floors. Is this true? You can get leather seats but no carpet. Please tell me I read this wrong. Thanks
The sway bar disconnect has never been available on anything besides the Badlands since day 1.

OP
OP
not tame

not tame

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sway bar disconnect has never been available on anything besides the Badlands since day 1.

What's your point?..........................I think they should have made it an option like lockers are on every trim IMHO

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thank you my new friend I could not find that anywhere on the site how did you know this?
It's been discussed many times but in all fairness the search function on this site isn't very good at finding the info you want.

You won’t have active drains with the carpet, just FYI. So no wash out capability.
Gonna go out on a limb and say someone who was going to cancel because of no carpet, of all things, isn't going to care about losing the drains.

Also if lockers can be ordered on all trims then why not sway bar disconnects be an option on all trims this is what I'm saying for a screw up in my opinion
Because that's how trim levels of mass produced vehicles work. It's one of the distinguishing features of the Badlands trim, just like it's a distinguishing feature of a Jeep Rubicon.

Sponsored

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's your point?..........................I think they should have made it an option like lockers are on every trim IMHO
My point is, your post is useless. Like others have pointed out in this thread, all of your "complaints" have been talked about at great lengths and simply searching any of them would have shown you a laundry list of threads you could have commented in.

OP
OP
not tame

not tame

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's been discussed many times but in all fairness the search function on this site isn't very good at finding the info you want.

Gonna go out on a limb and say someone who was going to cancel because of no carpet, of all things, isn't going to care about losing the drains.

Because that's how trim levels of mass produced vehicles work. It's one of the distinguishing features of the Badlands trim, just like it's a distinguishing feature of a Jeep Rubicon.

I guess you are right, anyway 1) it has carpet (now I know!) 2) Badlands is for me. 3) By tomorrow I will figure out what color I'm going with.. Thank you for your help Gentelmen

OP
OP
not tame

not tame

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My point is, your post is useless. Like others have pointed out in this thread, all of your "complaints" have been talked about at great lengths and simply searching any of them would have shown you a laundry list of threads you could have commented in.

Good Lord Justin...calm down go fight with your wife or boyfriend, just asked a friendly question

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good Lord Justin...calm down go fight with your wife or boyfriend, just asked a friendly question
Embarrassing reply by an embarrassed person. Cheers

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not to start a controversy about the 110 Defender, but if it wasn't for the fact that you can bounce the Bronco like an oversized UTV on back roads things might be different ....at 60K it's only about 13K away from or for 73K you can get a nice 110 Defender at that put me on the edge of getting a landrover. I know that the reliability is not there, but you get a very good-looking SUV with a superior interior, and probably fit and finish. I'm not a fanboy of any brand. I just want something fun and reliable, that not bad to look at in the driveway. But I'm not afraid to say that I have been teetering on the edge. Anyway, Monday I will make the switch to the Badlands and load it up. One last complaint about Ford is the color choices. Cactus grey should be call mint-grey because it is definitely mint green. I ordered that color and I have been having second thoughts, the Cyber orange may look too loud on the 4 door, the area 51 gets lost in the crowd (but nice color to take care of I will bet) The white look like a milk truck, the bright red to Hot-wheel-esh, the other color are fine but not for me. Anyway, I'm not getting married to it so I guess I will just have some fun.
The LR Defender has some nice things going for it, but I wont pay a premium price for a vehicle with that kind of service/maintenance/repair record. Also the Bronco has a leg up on the LR because of the removable doors and roof. In California, that stuff will be off it for several months in a row.
Sponsored