Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I mean, Ford did promise to build every FE this year, so I'm guessing your FE rolls off the line in early December before they switch to 2022s. I think most of us are surprised you were still able to order your FE but congrats on getting it in.
Sponsored

Cmargio

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Volvo, Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was told by Ford customer service and my local Ford dealer that the FEs will continue to be built in 22?! I also have an FE reservation (7/13 @ 9:05 MST) but do not have a build date. I am hoping this is just normal bad information coming from people who don't really have a clue what is going on. They were both very specific in relaying the information almost with the same verbiage "The FE was not specified to be a FIRST MODEL YEAR only a specialty trim but will continue to be built in 22".

Has anyone heard anything about FEs being build in 22?

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have not heard that and we tried to go that route also...really wanted Grey but not available on FE then the painted top issue...called dealer and didn't get much help but pushed for regional manager and he got ford on the phone with us and we were told with an FE you can not wait until the painted top comes out in 22. If you choose to wait you lose the FE and they would bump you down to a different trim of your choice but all FE's are 21 only and all will be delivered in 21. So we converted our res to an order...

I am sure 100 people have heard 100 different stories but that is what we were told.

Interestingly with our res # they told us if we switched trims and waited for the 22 we would go to the front of the line when we converted...but who knows. Releases like this are bad enough in normal times and every one appears to be anything but smooth...add in global pandemic and various states / regions / countries being closed or unable to work and wow this will probably hold the record for all time champ! But, it is what it is and no amount of tears are going to change it...

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This makes sense, technically the order was placed for an FE, and just de-prioritized.
All he did was have someone put it back into a buildable priority.

Cmargio

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Volvo, Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have not heard that and we tried to go that route also...really wanted Grey but not available on FE then the painted top issue...called dealer and didn't get much help but pushed for regional manager and he got ford on the phone with us and we were told with an FE you can not wait until the painted top comes out in 22. If you choose to wait you lose the FE and they would bump you down to a different trim of your choice but all FE's are 21 only and all will be delivered in 21. So we converted our res to an order...

I am sure 100 people have heard 100 different stories but that is what we were told.

Interestingly with our res # they told us if we switched trims and waited for the 22 we would go to the front of the line when we converted...but who knows. Releases like this are bad enough in normal times and every one appears to be anything but smooth...add in global pandemic and various states / regions / countries being closed or unable to work and wow this will probably hold the record for all time champ! But, it is what it is and no amount of tears are going to change it...
When were you able to covert the reservation to an order for an FE, if you don't mind me asking? My dealer has told me converting FEs closed in march and they were not able to covert my FE reservation.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When were you able to covert the reservation to an order for an FE, if you don't mind me asking? My dealer has told me converting FEs closed in march and they were not able to covert my FE reservation.
Converted on March 8 and the deadline was March 19 as I understand it.
Sponsored