First Name
Valeria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi everyone, long time lurker first time posting! From what I have read on other threads there’s nothing stopping me from placing an order right now. But what’s confusing me is the the dealership salesman. I placed my reservation late in the game (April) and understand it will be a long time before I see my baby. Anyway, dealer had said I should wait until MY2022 order bank opens up, then a couple days ago he says: “good news, we can place your order right now”. What?? Glad I made another reservation with Granger and will probably cancel the other.

My question is, would there be any benefit in placing an order right now instead of waiting for the MY2022 order bank opens up if the new options for MY2022 don’t interest me?

Thanks in advance,
Valeria
Sponsored

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a simular email from Military Auto Source (MAS) this morning, saying good news, we have you a slot out of 20 for Bronco. I asked when the expected delivery would be but haven't heard back. Not sure what the benefit would be to get a MY21 at the end of the year when MY22 is right around the corner

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It won't matter too much, you can make changes to the order (provided your dealer will make the changes after, so clarify that with who you are making the order with), up until it gets allocated for the VIN#.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Put in a 2.3L, 4 door, mid package Big Bend, no Sas package, with soft top, and the scheduler will probably pull it in the next couple of weeks. :)

If someone gives me an order right now, I just make a decision on whether I want to put it in the mix for a '21 or let it sit and deal with it later this year for a '22.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My question is, would there be any benefit in placing an order right now instead of waiting for the MY2022 order bank opens up if the new options for MY2022 don’t interest me?
If you are wanting a soft top then I would suggest placing your order. We have seen dealers with 400+ reservations and 100+ allocations have soft tops deep into their timestamp list pulled and get scheduled to be built. However, an order placed today won't be eligible for the first round of builds and would still be a long shot to get pulled for the next round. But if you are team soft top, then it is worth the roll of the dice.

If you are wanting a hardtop then no need to rush and you may as well wait until MY22 B&P is available.

Sponsored

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got a simular email from Military Auto Source (MAS) this morning, saying good news, we have you a slot out of 20 for Bronco. I asked when the expected delivery would be but haven't heard back. Not sure what the benefit would be to get a MY21 at the end of the year when MY22 is right around the corner
Were they talking about MY21 or MY22? I'm signed up but they have me on a Bronco Sport as a placeholder for MY22 Bronco.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were they talking about MY21 or MY22? I'm signed up but they have me on a Bronco Sport as a placeholder for MY22 Bronco.
Mmm, that doesn't sound right at all. You could easily end up with a 21 Sport. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you wrote.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
huh?

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Place your order now so you can get your spot in line. There is a high probability that you will be MY22 (which you are already well aware of). Regardless, if you are worried you could end up with a MY21 and don't want that to happen then you can have your dealer keep your order in "99 status". If they do not know what this means then you need to ask to speak with someone else at the dealership...

Now let's say you put your order in and 99 it... then you pretty much guarantee you will get a MY22. If you want a chance at a MY21 then don't have them 99 the vehicle. If you take your chances and miss out on your dealerships MY21 allocation limit (Highly probable at this point in time) then you will be given the option to change your order/features for the MY22 vehicle.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Regardless of timeline, cancel that order and stick with Granger. You won't regret it.

Sponsored

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mmm, that doesn't sound right at all. You could easily end up with a 21 Sport. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you wrote.
My bad, didn't mean to hijack the thread. I should have DM'ed him. MAS is a different program for overseas military where they work with Ford directly to get you a vehicle. They didn't have anymore allocations for 2021 so to get me into the program they put me in for a 2022 Bronco Sport as an order placeholder until their order banks open for the 2022 Bronco. Then I can switch over.

Reactions: jxc
OP
OP
valeriapalana

valeriapalana

Badlands
First Name
Valeria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Makes sense. Wanting a soft top is somewhat of a golden ticket right now. Thank you all for your replies, it is much appreciated. Although being patient is not one of my strengths, I will wait to put in the order once the MY2022 order bank opens up and join the dark side.

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Makes sense. Wanting a soft top is somewhat of a golden ticket right now. Thank you all for your replies, it is much appreciated. Although being patient is not one of my strengths, I will wait to put in the order once the MY2022 order bank opens up and join the dark side.
I have been emailing Sean at Granger the last couple of days with options of putting in a new reservation to push to a MY22. Good news is they are offering $2k below invoice which will offset the price increase of a MY21. Order banks for MY22 is supposed to be open this summer so there will be new options not available for MY21. This is why I am considering putting in a new reservations so I can get the manual base squatch.

OP
OP
valeriapalana

valeriapalana

Badlands
First Name
Valeria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been emailing Sean at Granger the last couple of days with options of putting in a new reservation to push to a MY22. Good news is they are offering $2k below invoice which will offset the price increase of a MY21. Order banks for MY22 is supposed to be open this summer so there will be new options not available for MY21. This is why I am considering putting in a new reservations so I can get the manual base squatch.
Badass. Sean is also my guy at Granger. You make a really good point with the $2k offsetting the price increase we’ll see for MY22. & Manual Sasquatch will be a dream. Considering doing the same.

JKinTX

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So you can actually order a Bronco right now at the stealerships? Just that it will most likely be a 2022? Also, I cannot believe that everyone who reserved one is buying one, yet I see no-one "selling" their place holder which I find somewhat odd. There has to be '21 placeholders available just don't know where to look.

And the soft vs hard. Can the hardtop not be purchased at a later date and just put on? Wouldn't most people want to have both anyhow?
Sponsored