Sponsored

Plastic To Modular Bumper What It Takes To Install.

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I picked up a modular bumper off marketplace yesterday and insalled it today. I noticed it almost fit withou cutting iff the base tow hooks. I lossened the bracket so the modular bumper fit, added some washers to the front bolt of the tow hook and a rubber spacer to the intercooler bracket and tightened it all back and seems fine. Anyone see any issues with this fix that im missing?
Trying to do same install. Did you encounter any issues by leaving the base tow hooks in there?
Sponsored

Rygator

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1986 bronco.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I made it work with the spacers. I cut the plastic skid plated to make them fit. If I can find the steel skid plates ill cut of the hooks.

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I made it work with the spacers. I cut the plastic skid plated to make them fit. If I can find the steel skid plates ill cut of the hooks.
What product did you use to fill the sensor holes?

Kayderade

Badlands
First Name
Cayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wanted to confirm for anyone switching from the capable to modular bumper, the sensors and sensor grommets aren’t the same. I knew I’d have to cut off some of the notches on my grommets so they’d go into the holes on the mod bumper, but I didn’t realize what the issue was for the sensors, themselves, until after I started the swap.

With the capable bumper, the sensors you get have the plugs stick straight out the back of them instead of at a 90 degree angle like the other versions. This is fine for the middle two sensors, but the ones on the end get pushed through the front of the bumper when you install the metal brace that goes behind them. Ford sells these other sensors for around $200, so I decided to modify the plugs going into the back of the sensors I had to get me enough clearance. I was able to cut about 0.25” off the plugs and it was just enough to get everything reinstalled correctly.
Hey there! I am planning on swapping from the capable bumper on my badlands to a mod bumper like you. I would also like to reuse my sensors rather than buy from ford for $200. You indicated that you trimmed .25” of the plugs to make it work. Can you tell me exactly what you cut off? Was it the female end (plug) or the male end (sensor) and how did you cut it? Cheers!

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Wildtrak84 thanks for all the great info. I may have time this weekend to finally get this going. I purchased Oracle foglight pods to add in while I'm doing this. Going from the plastic to the MOD bumper.....is there only one connection for sensors and foglight? So I need to determine the foglight wires in the bundle and add a jumper of off those? Is that correct? thank you!

Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey there! I am planning on swapping from the capable bumper on my badlands to a mod bumper like you. I would also like to reuse my sensors rather than buy from ford for $200. You indicated that you trimmed .25” of the plugs to make it work. Can you tell me exactly what you cut off? Was it the female end (plug) or the male end (sensor) and how did you cut it? Cheers!
It was the plug that's attached to the wiring harness. I was able to trim off everything below the red line in the first picture. I then used some liquid electrical tape to make sure it was all sealed up and protected.

Ford Bronco Plastic To Modular Bumper What It Takes To Install. IMG_8512

Ford Bronco Plastic To Modular Bumper What It Takes To Install. IMG_8510

Ford Bronco Plastic To Modular Bumper What It Takes To Install. IMG_8513

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay I put the MOD bumper back together, I think everything is in the right place. There are 2 longer torx head bolts not sure where they go. If anyone can help. I also have an extra sensor bracket and cover that is up for grabs. Just let me know if you need that.

Ford Bronco Plastic To Modular Bumper What It Takes To Install. IMG_7332

Last edited:

Squatched

Badlands
First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m assuming no reprogram is needed if changing sensors. My plan is to pull 2 of the 90 ones from the rear bumper and put the straight ones back there were I can. I’m going from capable to mod
I swapped from capabale to mod a few weeks ago. After seeing this post I tried this and it has worked just fine. It was easy enough to sneak my hand into the rear corners to take out the sensors. I have taken it to busy parking lots and full parking garages no issues.

Earlybroncoboy

Badlands
First Name
Wagner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22Bronco,76bronco,73bronco,06F250,96F250,97F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I swapped from capabale to mod a few weeks ago. After seeing this post I tried this and it has worked just fine. It was easy enough to sneak my hand into the rear corners to take out the sensors. I have taken it to busy parking lots and full parking garages no issues.
Yep worked flawlessly for me as well glad I could help

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All done. Used oracle fogs in it. If you use plug in adapters be aware that the colors are reversed for + and -. So the small harness I bought were reversed to the oracle lights when I connected them.

Ford Bronco Plastic To Modular Bumper What It Takes To Install. IMG_7380

Sponsored

Mujenpwr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep worked flawlessly for me as well glad I could help
I’m planning the change of my front capable to a modular. When you used 2 of the rear bumper 90 degree sensors. Which sensors did you use From rear? Outer ones? And does it matter which rear side goes to which front Corner?

Earlybroncoboy

Badlands
First Name
Wagner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22Bronco,76bronco,73bronco,06F250,96F250,97F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I remember correctly I used the outer ones. Didn’t matter what position I installed them

Mujenpwr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok great thank you for the quick response.

alexraw

Outer Banks
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco / Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey,

I have the lux package with this same bumper and I was wondering did you follow the video OP mentioned without having to do anything else or did the steps OP layout work fine?

I’m just wondering if I need to order any additional sensors or if my current sensors / harness are fine with the modular bumper. I didn’t hear OP mention which package he currently has in the video.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey,

I have the lux package with this same bumper and I was wondering did you follow the video OP mentioned without having to do anything else or did the steps OP layout work fine?

I’m just wondering if I need to order any additional sensors or if my current sensors / harness are fine with the modular bumper. I didn’t hear OP mention which package he currently has in the video.
The one thing that is easy to miss is rhe bezels on the parking sensors are angled a certain way for each one. And the ones from the plastic bumper won’t do in without cutting a piece off. They are cheap to get though.
Sponsored