Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like a zebra being either black with white stripes or white with black stripes, what do you think the FE identifies as? ?

Is it a Wildtrak with everything including the kitchen sink (disconnect) or is it a Badlands with everything?

This is just something else to get us by until the order banks open.
Have fun!!! :D
Sponsored

tbirdbrian

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbirds, Mustangs, a Lincoln and Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like a zebra being either black with white stripes or white with black stripes, what do you think the FE identifies as? ?

Is it a Wildtrak with everything including the kitchen sink (disconnect) or is it a Badlands with everything?

This is just something else to get us by until the order banks open.
Have fun!!! :D
You need a third option. Overpriced overt money grab.

I was excited to see a First Edition version of the new Bronco when it was revealed. Ford has done some really neat and unique special editions through the years. Special Edition Landau and Anniversary Edition Thunderbirds, California Special, Cobra and Laguna Seca Mustangs and Diamond Jubilee Lincoln's were all unique over their plain jane counterparts.

But as far as I can tell, the First Edition Broncos have nothing unique about them. Standard colors and an ugly interior? Not even great special badging! Cover the fender sticker and almost nobody will be able to tell an FE from another high level trim.

So, I can only conclude that Ford thinks it's customers will buy anything they "say" is special and charge up the butt for it. On top of that, dealer ADM. Overt. Money. Grab.

I'm sure they'll sell some FEs. But I hope when ordering time comes, those 7000 reservations will dwindle to less than the original 3500 orders.

If you like the FE, by all means buy one and enjoy it. If you agree that the First Edition is lame, speak with your wallet.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need a third option. Overpriced overt money grab.

I was excited to see a First Edition version of the new Bronco when it was revealed. Ford has done some really neat and unique special editions through the years. Special Edition Landau and Anniversary Edition Thunderbirds, California Special, Cobra and Laguna Seca Mustangs and Diamond Jubilee Lincoln's were all unique over their plain jane counterparts.

But as far as I can tell, the First Edition Broncos have nothing unique about them. Standard colors and an ugly interior? Not even great special badging! Cover the fender sticker and almost nobody will be able to tell an FE from another high level trim.

So, I can only conclude that Ford thinks it's customers will buy anything they "say" is special and charge up the butt for it. On top of that, dealer ADM. Overt. Money. Grab.

I'm sure they'll sell some FEs. But I hope when ordering time comes, those 7000 reservations will dwindle to less than the original 3500 orders.

If you like the FE, by all means buy one and enjoy it. If you agree that the First Edition is lame, speak with your wallet.
I agree with a lot of what you said, I think Ford could have and should’ve done something more unique for these FE buyers.. seems like they either dropped the ball or like you said went out just for the money grab...
I would like to see something more for these buyers like more color options, something that when you see it- it screams FE

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because Ford was already limiting First Edition color choices, it would Have been cool if they were all popular early bronco colors and it came with a white hard top. Even though they plan on offering a white top in the future, the exclusive colors paired with it would be super cool and unique. In my opinion, this would help justify the increased cost if nothing else.

All of that aside, the First Edition is definitely a fully optioned Badlands with a blue interior and not a Wildtrak. I think the sway-bar disconnect and GOAT modes being the same as the Badlands is what makes the distinction for me.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Concur with what you guys said.

A real FE would have the Filson or the prototype interiors with a white roof or something unique no other bronco has.

Any word on if the FEs will actually be the first Broncos built and delivered to customers?

Now that would be neat

Sponsored

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Concur with what you guys said.

A real FE would have the Filson or the prototype interiors with a white roof or something unique no other bronco has.

Any word on if the FEs will actually be the first Broncos built and delivered to customers?

Now that would be neat
As a future FE Sucker I keep questioning the reason to buy one vs a Badlands with the specs I want. I sure hope the FE is at least the first 7K "Production" cars so there is some exclusivity for the Premium over a similarly speced Badland

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a future FE Sucker I keep questioning the reason to buy one vs a Badlands with the specs I want. I sure hope the FE is at least the first 7K "Production" cars so there is some exclusivity for the Premium over a similarly speced Badland
If people choose to wait on tops they will vary from 1-80000. Plus scheduling colors options etc along with new ranger options this year... They will be scattered. Add to that delivery problems and your time frame is pushed. Bronco sport already has a few late availability paint colors pushed in to December. Whatever you order will have some sort of timeframe issue. Either on the front or back. Hope I’m wrong.

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If people choose to wait on tops they will vary from 1-80000. Plus scheduling colors options etc along with new ranger options this year... They will be scattered. Add to that delivery problems and your time frame is pushed. Bronco sport already has a few late availability paint colors pushed in to December. Whatever you order will have some sort of timeframe issue. Either on the front or back. Hope I’m wrong.
Plan is to order the FE in Cactus Gray + Keypad come Dec 7th and then hope for the best.
TBH if someone offered to buy it for a fair markup I would be all ears, if not come June/July/Aug/...2021 I'll be driving my sweet overpriced Bronco.

jlhill16

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am still at a loss as to why Ford didn't do a better job of interior options. I am still on the fence on whether I buy the FE or drop down to a Badlands and upfit. Those of you sticking with the FE what color are you going with?

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am still at a loss as to why Ford didn't do a better job of interior options. I am still on the fence on whether I buy the FE or drop down to a Badlands and upfit. Those of you sticking with the FE what color are you going with?
Got two reservations for FE. Going with Lightning Blue on 2 door and Cyber Orange on 4 door. Waiting to get Shadow Black Painted Modular Top as well.
Ford Bronco POLL- First Edition Identity IMG_3763.JPG

Ford Bronco POLL- First Edition Identity IMG_3737.JPG

Originally was going Cyber Orange on 2 door and Rapid Red on 4 door. Really wanted the Rapid Red 4 door to have a black interior option without weird stitching or grab handle options to use for tailgating at Atlanta United MLS matches. Final Navy Blue interior pics and addition of Lightning Blue changed my final exterior colors.

In the end Blue and Orange works for me and my wife since we are Auburn fans.

Sponsored

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have reached the point that I am 90% sure I am dropping down to an optioned BL because I really like the MGV/washout over the leather and don't need a power seat. It's about $5k less than the FE that I can use for other things. Of course, I may wake up hungover on Dec 7th and order the Lightning Blue FE and just live with it.

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm sad again--- I really hope they will "listen" to my emblem idea.. i know i've really been harping on it, but gosh simple badging would make such an impact.

f150limitedbadge.jpeg

First (1).png

FELogo.png

StyleGuy

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE, Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The only reason I'm still interested in the FE is lightning blue. The navy pier interior is beyond bad. I'll more than likely get a Badlands and save $7K. I'm leaning to getting a mid package and buying another Bronco in a couple years once availability and options improve.
Sponsored