Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First time "caller," long time "listener" on Bronco 6G..."

I have kept every vehicle I have ever owned for a minimum of 8 years, and I do not suspect this one will be any different. Additionally, with a child age 9 and another age 5, it is probable I will hand this Bronco down to one of them (for a cost to teach the value of money, so I guess really it is "sell to one of them"). So, while I may no longer be the owner, the Bronco would still be in the family long after.
Sponsored

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I read through member's posts I find there is an extreme range of people that have lined up to buy the new Bronco.

People are at different stages of their life and the type of vehicle that is the Bronco can fill many duties in ordinary daily life as well as the dream that most cannot, or will not, live. I know that many of us buy vehicles with the intentions of keeping them but then life happens and that new car smell can be intoxicating. Some trade every year or two, some keep a vehicle till the loan is paid off then trade, while others buy and just keep adding to their fleet.

Wondering how the marketing sampling represented by B6G will play out.
I cant even vote lol

I literally have no idea. I have never owned a jeep, a truck, and SUV.

I could love it and keep it forever (after paid off buy another car and keep this as a toy) or I could hate it and trade it in within a year to go back to luxury sporty cars.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Definitely keeping mine 10+ years but I have a feeling it will start looking something more like this by the mid 2030’s lol. Next vehicle once Bronco is paid off will be a 1/2 ton truck and that’s when the real fun begins.
Ford Bronco Poll for Intended Length of Ownership 06AFC0B5-314A-4125-9AF2-657F5DD3F1B3

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
anything over 10 won't matter when the government mandates all cars be electric...

Ford Bronco Poll for Intended Length of Ownership giphy-downsized-large (1)

Sponsored

AZBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid until it had 220,000 miles. It was not worth preserving. But the Bronco, why not hold it until it qualifies for a historic plate . . .

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unless a viable hybrid/electric version comes out... Forever, and if the gubment bans ICE then I guess... Still forever

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ours will be driven and used but not abused for the first part of its life. Then it will become an off road toy. It will hopefully be around a long long time.

I don't expect it will be pretty in 20 years but it will be loved.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've got more years behind me than I do in front of me. It would have to be some remarkable vehicle for me even think of buying another new one.

OP
OP
John Bronco_ I am here

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, over 500 have voted so far and half are expecting to keep their Bronco long term. One thing is for sure, the new Bronco is the type of vehicle that inspires strong feelings of emotion.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m planning on keeping it for at least 10-15 years. It will most likely be my last manual and gas powered car.
It took me 10 years to find a manual transmission vehicle that I liked (and fit in), so I am hoping to keep the Bronco for a long time. I also figure this might be my last chance to own a manual transmission.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As long as Ford builds these well I am targeting at least 10 years - into retirement. I am work from home now so mileage will be kept low and it will be used mainly for trips to the OBX for my wife and I.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Til death could be another 50 years if I'm lucky, so hard to say if we'll even be allowed to drive cars 50 years from now. It's a nice thought though.

If, and this is a big if, probably never happen, the 7MT makes it to a 4cyl/hybrid, I would be tempted to upgrade. But there's really no chance of that happening.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm pragmatic about machines in general, there may be something wrong with a mass produced part but warranty will usually catch that, past there the truth is regular maintenance is the key to longevity, especially fluid changes. The 2.7 and 10 speed trans have years on the design and have a good reputation at this point. Both differentials are Dana, and we know they know what they are doing. In today's age, with the internet, problems a certain vehicle may have are soon well-known and one can usually "fix" before it causes you to be stranded. Each and every part can be replaced, and with the Bronco being mass produced by the tens, if not hundreds, of thousands spare parts should be cheap and plentiful.

Now if I was one of those people that have to pay someone to work on my stuff, I'd be trading every 100K miles. But, I'm not; I buy new and maintain well.
I am with you on most of the stuff, mechanical wise I’m just worried about all the computer controlled stuff how long is all that gonna last???
The last time I bought a new car the only computer stuff as the ECU traction control and a few solenoids for the four-wheel-drive
Abs
These new vehicles are one giant rolling computer lab!!

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm 48. I expect I will get my Bronco around my 50th birthday. I'll keep it at least until I retire or my left knee gives out and I have to downgrade to an automatic.
Sponsored