First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
New Bronco arrived and it's fantastic! Absolutely sublime driving around with top panels removed and blaring tunes. Some initial thoughts:
1) This is a fantastic machine and despite all of it's "teething" issues, generally well thought out. Interior quality plastics could be better but at least mine arrived with no scuff marks, etc.

2)The stock OBX suspension rides smoothly and quietly and braking feels good. Does have a bit too much sway and nose dive for me but the FP/6112's with 35's should firm up the ride. The stock ride height is actually pretty good (even on the stock OBX 32s) and visibility is much better than I was expecting.

3) Becoming accustomed to all the pops/thuds/thunks when you first get in and turn on the ignition. My 2018 Raptor did the same (so assuming this is normal).

4) Must be getting old as the stock B&O sound system sounds OK with decent adjustibility (going to move tunes upgrade to the back burner for now). Not sure if it's a better sound environment, or if Ford has tweaked the system since 2018 as it really does sound quite a bit better than my Raptor B&O system did.

5) Love the size of the steering wheel, feels smaller (than Raptor wheel) and good in my hands. Also enjoying the actual radio knobs and the touch screen works well and is fairly quick when changing screens, etc.

6) Heated seats are awesome here on the central coast, and driving with front row panels off/windows up and heated seats it's plenty warm.

7) Would like to see a sliding cover on the front console storage cubby (similar to F-150 set up) for sunglasses/readers, etc.

8) Would like to have front A pillar grab handles (like the rear seat access), just ordered bolt-on handles to help with that. IP handles look cool, but not really functional.

9) Would like to see a separate rear swing gate arm/mount for spare so you could just swing the spare out of the way. This would allow access to the rear cargo area via the window, etc. Would eliminate having to open the swing gate (most of the way open) every time for cargo access/raising the window.

10) Ford, PLEASE, PLEASE give me a paper owners manual!! Old school, but I'm much more comfortable reading (at my leisure) a paper owners manual and recording oil changes/tire rotations, etc. in the maintenance section. I do realize it's in the screen or via app, but not at all convenient (for me anyways) to be in the car or depending on phone/IPad network connection to access a quick question about the vehicle. Like to never figured out how to preset my FM stations :)

11) Only serious flaw is the MIC hardtop noise level. During the test drive 65mph freeway it was really bad, had to speak loud so my sales guy could hear me. Going to clean/lube all the seals when I reassemble and see if that helps, if not be visiting my dealer. This is my daily driver and I like to travel, so going to need to figure this out.

Arrival Condition: 1) All fluids were filled (coolant level is right at the minimum mark all the time (hot or cold), 2) Lug nuts were properly torqued (assuming it's 100lbft - don't have an owners manual to quickly check though (Ford are you reading this?! ;)), tire pressure was spot on, 3) Body panel fit/finish pretty good with exception of rear passenger door which I'll have my dealer adjust, interior panels scuff free and all there and in place, seats all match (although the Navy Pier w/space gray leather is much more muted than I thought it would be - which I like.

Another major complaint, this new Bronco is so much fun to drive, I'm falling behind on getting my mods done! Did get the RLT Hood struts installed, as well as the Wildtrack bronco emblem replacement on the swing gate (not a chrome fan), many more to come!
Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ahhhhh... the Honeymoon period.... I remember it well.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And then one morning quality b*tch slaps you in the face.
Hey... quit leaving socks on the floor, and wet towels on the bed !!! Wait what are we talking about ??

Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Enjoy. Pics?

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice review! 100% agree with #6, #8, and #10. Only thing I could add is 2 things. I would have really loved:

Memory Seating, Cool / AC Seating

Would have made the Broncos perfect!
100% agree with you, my Raptor had all these features and going to miss them when it heats up here. Also really like that all the adjustable functions (mirrors, steering column tilt/telescopic, power pedal adjustment, seats, were all tied into memory and tied into your key. So wifey has one key and you have the other - no need to re-adjust every time someone else drives...

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

100% agree with you, my Raptor had all these features and going to miss them when it heats up here. Also really like that all the adjustable functions (mirrors, steering column tilt/telescopic, power pedal adjustment, seats, were all tied into memory and tied into your key. So wifey has one key and you have the other - no need to re-adjust every time someone else drives...
I know. I met my friend for lunch yesterday. I took my Raptor instead of my Bronco because of the cool seats. It’s like 110 here!

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ahhhhh... the Honeymoon period.... I remember it well.
LOL, sooo true, the "niggles" will start soon I'm sure. Just back from a back roads trip here in local foothills put about 70 mi. on it. Trying to use all of the regular leaded the dealer filled it up with so I can see how it does with premium. Must say the 2.7L is fairly peppy and has a nice torque hit right off the line. Noticed trans is a bit weird when in normal mode and shifting between 2nd & 3rd (I think or between 3rd and 4th) as it bogged a bit - but it was cold as well and once I remembered to put into Sport mode it didn't seem to happen.

Question, where does it tell you what mode your in? Used to looking at my "Raptor Status" screen to see all the settings in one place...

Also noticed it always asks me if I want to continue in Sport Mode (which I like since it won't stay in previous mode automatically).

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After 6 weeks the only thing I cannot get used to is the parking break. Wish I had either a handle by the shifter or a foot pedal. The switch is so annoying despite the fact it does auto-disengage. And the switch is hard to find.

Otherwise no real complaints aside from the awful AC system. And the uncomfortable rear seats. But I never sit in them. Heh.

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After 6 weeks the only thing I cannot get used to is the parking break. Wish I had either a handle by the shifter or a foot pedal. The switch is so annoying despite the fact it does auto-disengage. And the switch is hard to find.
I had a German car a few years ago that had the e-brake, you get used to it and the auto disconnect is nice…always wondered why they had to remove the simple but effective manual parking brake? Just seems like more things that could potentially cause problems down the road. Say you had the e-brake applied and came out to a dead battery, is there a manual release somewhere?

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a German car a few years ago that had the e-brake, you get used to it and the auto disconnect is nice…always wondered why they had to remove the simple but effective manual parking brake? Just seems like more things that could potentially cause problems down the road. Say you had the e-brake applied and came out to a dead battery, is there a manual release somewhere?
theres a thread here https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/parking-brake-fault-has-to-be-towed.36682/page-3 and it is not a simple task like a lot of other vehicles so equipped. I'd hate to be doing that anywhere in public or trailside.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Otherwise no real complaints aside from the awful AC system. And the uncomfortable rear seats. But I never sit in them. Heh.
I remember the first car I had with an ebrake. It was odd to not have the manual brake, but I got used to it pretty quickly and grew to like the auto-disengage.

Jo.S.

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agree with needed cool seating and include the back seats with heat and cool
Sponsored