First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update had two towing services cancel. Waiting on a third. Ford roadside assistance has been no help. Can't even tell me if I can get a loaner or why they cancelled.
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So like a fool I never had the fuse and harness pulled at the same time. Me and the tow truck driver pulled them let it sit and it finally released. Currently at the dealership to see what there gonna do.

One Deplorable

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and a Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So like a fool I never had the fuse and harness pulled at the same time. Me and the tow truck driver pulled them let it sit and it finally released. Currently at the dealership to see what there gonna do.
Good to know.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Went to leave my friends last night. Got in to crank it up and noticed the brake light was on. Hit the button wouldn't release lt. Tried to engage and then disengage it. Screen shows parking break fault needs service warning. Went back this morning and pulled the fuse and the wiring harness off still won't clear it. Tried rocking it and disconnecting the battery no dice. Call roadside assistance and the first guy was terrible. Told me there was nothing he could do as my dealership is closed today. Then wanted me to call my insurance company. I hung up and got in touch with a much better associate. Still can't be towed until first thing tomorrow morning. I ended up being so frustrated messing with the button I pull it off lol. Love the vehicle but 3 weeks old 1600 miles this is ridiculous. I don't even know how there going to get it on the rollback tomorrow.
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I would like to look into things on my end.

OP
OP
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After sitting in the dealership for three hours finally my saleswoman walked over and asked what was going on. She got in touch with the service manager. Had a associate walk over and inform me that it hadn't even been pulled in the bay yet. I requested a loaner and they said they didn't know if they had one. Came back and found me a mustang but I can only put up to 1000 miles on it. My commute to work is 85-90 round trip. I left and will be going back before closing to pick up the loaner if nothing is resolved. Piss poor customer service outside of my saleswoman who has been awesome.

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After sitting in the dealership for three hours finally my saleswoman walked over and asked what was going on. She got in touch with the service manager. Had a associate walk over and inform me that it hadn't even been pulled in the bay yet. I requested a loaner and they said they didn't know if they had one. Came back and found me a mustang but I can only put up to 1000 miles on it. My commute to work is 85-90 round trip. I left and will be going back before closing to pick up the loaner if nothing is resolved. Piss poor customer service outside of my saleswoman who has been awesome.
Maybe get another loaner car when you get close to 1000 miles?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Which harness did you pull? Are you talking about the electrical plugs at each rear caliper?

I want to disconnecting the battery and not unplugging anything would do the same? Or just things have to be unplugged, you turn the car on so the computer "sees" They can't talk to the calipers?

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think t
I think that an exception to the 1000 mile rule is in order in the event it takes a while to resolve the parking brake issue. Are you listening Ford?

OP
OP
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pulled the panel off the below the steering wheel and pulled the harness connected to the parking brake. Currently I have a 2021 mustang loaner for now 2000 miles although my paperwork just says 14 days. Heard nothing from the dealership or the follow up I'm supposed to get from corporate.

OP
OP
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But like I said the day prior I pulled the fuse and then the harness and it did not work. They had to disconnected at the same time

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Service manager called this morning. Early diagnosis is they think the parking break switch started to disassemble internally causing the fault. Said there is one on emergency order and it is supposed to be in tomorrow morning. But until they put that in they can't be for sure

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Glad it's getting fixed. Be sure to update us with exactly what part failed and need replacement. Thanks

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would be willing to bet the disconnecting of the harness caused the suspect switch to open. You could have disconnected it a dozen times and the failed switch may have stayed closed. It makes no sense that the power source, ( fuse) and the de-energized harness would need to be disconnected. You physically opened the failed closed switch when yanking on the harness. A friend of mine bought a brand new travel trailer and on the way home from his first excursion, the electric brake locked and would not release. The switch was the culprit.

Pokey

Outer Banks
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Went to leave my friends last night. Got in to crank it up and noticed the brake light was on. Hit the button wouldn't release lt. Tried to engage and then disengage it. Screen shows parking break fault needs service warning. Went back this morning and pulled the fuse and the wiring harness off still won't clear it. Tried rocking it and disconnecting the battery no dice. Call roadside assistance and the first guy was terrible. Told me there was nothing he could do as my dealership is closed today. Then wanted me to call my insurance company. I hung up and got in touch with a much better associate. Still can't be towed until first thing tomorrow morning. I ended up being so frustrated messing with the button I pull it off lol. Love the vehicle but 3 weeks old 1600 miles this is ridiculous. I don't even know how there going to get it on the rollback tomorrow.
Did your warning /message come on anytime before this malfunction? In the last month, my warning light/message has come on 3 times that I know of, the last time it came on was last night. It said something about the emergency break malfunction and needs service.

OP
OP
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No pokey that was the first time. First alert of any kind actually
Sponsored