First Name
Abi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was just getting in my car tonight and heard an alarm sounding, thought it was something on my pager but was different than usual, then saw the" parking brake fault - service now!" on the dash :cautious: By the time I was in and started it the warning was gone, seemed to drive fine, we'll see....GRRR!!!! Of course, not at home, cold and raining, but thankfully it was fine at least then. Interesting my app says no active alerts and everything is good......
Sponsored

Rush747red

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco 4 door black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 23 black diamond just did this also. It only has 760 miles on it. It happened right after I washed it. When I wash mine I spray the underbody because of salt here in wi. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. But I wonder if something is getting wet?

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2023 WT 2,000 miles just happened after car sat overnight (relatively mild weather, no rain). Parking Brake error when opening the door. Turn on vehicle and no warnings, set and released brake with no problems. Hopefully a one-time thing but it seems everyone who gets the error once gets it at least once more.

G1D1UP

Wildtrak
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

WT 2023 LUX, 11,400 miles. Experienced a Parking Brake Fault message and a Cross Traffic System fault message last week. Two seperate occurences. Took Bronc to dealership and after five days of testing, they found nothing. Checked all systems (see attached). Checked master cylinder and all brake lines. Checked all cross traffic sensors and wiring bundles... no issues found. No codes or error messages were ever stored after alarm messages received so I'm chasing Gremlins in the system. I was advised to bring vehicle back if it happens again.

20240208_094641.jpg

HP11

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 (sold) , 2023 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Add me to the long list. 23 WT, 2.7 with 2k miles sat overnight in the garage after an hour long highway drive. Opened the door today and immediately parking brake fault service now light came on with rapid beeping noise. Popped the hood and checked battery voltage... static at 12.3 volts which I believe is low for an AGM-type battery.

Not sure if this is related but driving yesterday on the highway I noticed something strange happening on the multi view display portion of the instrument cluster... First, the Turbo boost display was varying boost from 1 to 14 back to 2 then up to 12 and back down over and over quite rapidly for about 2-3 minutes then suddenly all went back to normal. This all happening with constant throttle pressure while driving on a level surface highway. Secondly, battery charging rate for the entire trip was at 15.1 volts which is behavior I have not seen before (usually hovers around 13.4 and bumps up to 14.9 - 15.2 volts when decelerating) . Bronco ran perfectly fine otherwise but these back to back issues now have me concerned and puzzled. Could a bad battery be causing all this??? Thoughts???

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Add me to the long list. 23 WT, 2.7 with 2k miles sat overnight in the garage after an hour long highway drive. Opened the door today and immediately parking brake fault service now light came on with rapid beeping noise. Popped the hood and checked battery voltage... static at 12.3 volts which I believe is low for an AGM-type battery.

Not sure if this is related but driving yesterday on the highway I noticed something strange happening on the multi view display portion of the instrument cluster... First, the Turbo boost display was varying boost from 1 to 14 back to 2 then up to 12 and back down over and over quite rapidly for about 2-3 minutes then suddenly all went back to normal. This all happening with constant throttle pressure while driving on a level surface highway. Secondly, battery charging rate for the entire trip was at 15.1 volts which is behavior I have not seen before (usually hovers around 13.4 and bumps up to 14.9 - 15.2 volts when decelerating) . Bronco ran perfectly fine otherwise but these back to back issues now have me concerned and puzzled. Could a bad battery be causing all this??? Thoughts???
Hi there! I can look into your bronco's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your bronco's VIN?

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had the warning come up twice as well. Both times I did not set the e-brake it was just in park on relatively flat ground and was getting back into the Bronco when the message popped up. I am going to schedule an appointment with my local dealer.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had it happen once a few
Months back and again yesterday. Shutdown and restart cleared it. Not sure what is causing it…just had 10K maintenance and everything was looked at.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I open the door, before I start it, theres a rapid beep and a red "parking brake fault" message. which then goes away when I start the car... and I did not have the parking brake set, but maybe it sets it automatically when I park?

it happened the first day I had the car and I freaked out but it didnt happen again until today, a month later. It was frigid both times, Im up in michigan, it was like 10 degrees today.

anyone had this? I know dealers typically struggle to diagnose random issues that dont present regularly, I dont want them to start doing exploratory surgery.
Happened to me twice now too. No explanation.

crabbz510

Outer Banks
First Name
Abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Add me to the list. So far, just 1 occurrence of the Parking Break fault warning. 2023 OBX 2.7 with maybe 7600 miles. I'll use the e-break maybe 50% of the time, usually if I'm going to be parked in the lot at work since it's on an incline. No messages in the app or on the dash the next few times I started the truck up.

If it starts happening again, I'll suck it up & take the truck to my dealer.

Sponsored

mrv8outboard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 / Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all,

I opened the drivers door and got the alarm and "Park Brake Fault Service Now". Started right up and drives fine. Yesterday was the first time and now again today. Seems like it is the first start up of the day. The rest of the day it is fine. This is a club I do not want to be in lol.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello all,

I opened the drivers door and got the alarm and "Park Brake Fault Service Now". Started right up and drives fine. Yesterday was the first time and now again today. Seems like it is the first start up of the day. The rest of the day it is fine. This is a club I do not want to be in lol.
Cycle the emergency brake on and off a few times and then disconnect the battery, wait a little bit then reconnect.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Also a sign your battery might be a touch low - throw it on a trickle charger over night and see if it helps.

Low battery voltage can cause all kinds of strangeness.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ares Any update on this? I've gotten this same error twice now as well. First time was about a month ago, then again over this past weekend. Both times it went away when I started it up, and the parking brake was not on either time.

It honestly seemed like it was triggered both times by me and one of my kids opening the driver door and the rear driver side door at the exact same time, like it was an electrical pulse coming from the auto window drop. But that might have just been coincidence.
I've had the same thing as well. Dealer can't reproduce the problem so they don't fix anything.
Sponsored