Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just happened to me a few moments ago. Vehicle is garaged 30% of time without park brake engaged. Will look into taking to the dealership to have it diagnosed. Just barely crossed 6K ODO.
Sponsored

OJK

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco, "09 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Happened to me as well and I haven't used the parking brake even once. 2023 Wildtrak with <1500 miles on it.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gotta love modern cars. They even made the freaking parking brake into a complicated component controlled by a computer…
Yep , and put the switch not even in a logical place to use it regularly.

TK42RUN

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Happened to mine around 1,000 miles. Never used the parking brake.

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Never use the parking break, ever. It’s happened to me three times at least and just last night. Opened the door and alerts like crazy. Goes away before vehicle is started. No record in the app of anything being wrong. Trip to the dealer? No one really says what they’ve done on this thread.

Stanley Crewell

Outer Banks
First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mountaineer, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Joining the Brake Fault Club. Got a call from my wife the other day. "Hello dear husband. Could you possibly inform me as to why the Bronco is conversing with me when I opened up the door? It appears to have some type of issue with the braking system. I know that you are in no way responsible for this occurrence but i would greatly appreciate your loving guidance in how to proceed in this matter." Ok, so I paraphrased a bit. Anyway, so far it has only happened that one time but now my wife opens the drivers door like there may be a serial killer inside. Will watch the forums to see if there is any definitive answer/solution to the issue. I use the PB all the time and she never uses it and it was not engaged at the time of the issue. Also, hooked up a code scanner and there were none.
2023 Outer Banks Lux 2.7 near 10k miles.

Last edited:

JDL

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave, Badlands 2D on Order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2023 Badlands, Just got the alarm! Add me to the list. 2100 miles on the vehicle.

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
Happened to me for the first time this morning about 4:00am. Turning off of a highway into a parking lot, during the turn! Immediately parked and shut it off. I use the parking brake every time I park it. 20,450 miles since 12/08/22. I DO NOT want to take it in because a dealership lot porter damaged a Ranger that I had...

Duncan Gonuts

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang Fastback, 1967 Camaro SS Convertible,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Happened twice in the last week or so. I have only used the parking brake a few times. Fault code only at start up both times brake was not on.

Sponsored

Tabman10

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just happened to me for the first time this morning. Never used the brake and alerts went off when I opened the door. It seems like it engaged to some extent, then only would disengage when I put the vehicle in gear and gently let off the brake. It still keeps popping up with "Service Now". @Ford Motor Company - what is the deal? This is a common occurrence on many vehicles that has been going on for quite some time.

robertgoulet

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak, 22 Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another first timer. 17K on it ('22 2.7L WT) and have used the parking brake maybe once. (parked in garage at home and carport at work). Opened the door to get in this morning and the message was on the dash, no sound alerts. Didn't notice anything that felt odd after clearing the message. Message wasn't there the next time I got in and nothing showing on the app.

Last edited:

hiyalouis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just happened to me for the 2nd time. 1st time was a couple weeks ago. only used parking brake a couple times before with 13k mi. 2023 Badlands Lux 2.7L

WildArcher

Wildtrak
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus SC300
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2023 Badlands 2.7 w/~2800 miles. Happened for the first time today. Went to the store, came back an hour later, opened the driverside door and got the error. It went away after a few seconds. Car started and drove with no issues.The ebrake was not enganged.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Happened tome twice plus a pile is traction faults once…stupid service writer says they found low battery code…pretty sure no one even looked at it…they will not have anyone to look at it again til the end of the month…you would think with all the electronics crap in these things they would have some qualified techs to fix it…
Sponsored