First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went to leave my friends last night. Got in to crank it up and noticed the brake light was on. Hit the button wouldn't release lt. Tried to engage and then disengage it. Screen shows parking break fault needs service warning. Went back this morning and pulled the fuse and the wiring harness off still won't clear it. Tried rocking it and disconnecting the battery no dice. Call roadside assistance and the first guy was terrible. Told me there was nothing he could do as my dealership is closed today. Then wanted me to call my insurance company. I hung up and got in touch with a much better associate. Still can't be towed until first thing tomorrow morning. I ended up being so frustrated messing with the button I pull it off lol. Love the vehicle but 3 weeks old 1600 miles this is ridiculous. I don't even know how there going to get it on the rollback tomorrow.
Sponsored

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the bright side you might win the lemon law if the issue does not get resolved after multiple services

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Electric parking brake is the dumbest idea since frozen toast.

How does Ford take something as simple and reliable as a parking brake and fudge it up.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If the rollback can back up to it, they will get it on the truck. Their winch will overcome the friction of two tires not rolling. Consider what thieves do when they use rollbacks to grab cars.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh man that sucks. Hope it's a quick fix for you and that it doesn't happen again.

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm hoping that someone digs into the Bronco after some time to see if there is a way to disengage the electronic parking brake manually. Would stink to get into the boonies and have this happen.

OP
OP
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tried to drive it almost pedal to the floor and nothing. And I understand with the rollback just don't see how it's good for the bronco.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went to leave my friends last night. Got in to crank it up and noticed the brake light was on. Hit the button wouldn't release lt. Tried to engage and then disengage it. Screen shows parking break fault needs service warning. Went back this morning and pulled the fuse and the wiring harness off still won't clear it. Tried rocking it and disconnecting the battery no dice. Call roadside assistance and the first guy was terrible. Told me there was nothing he could do as my dealership is closed today. Then wanted me to call my insurance company. I hung up and got in touch with a much better associate. Still can't be towed until first thing tomorrow morning. I ended up being so frustrated messing with the button I pull it off lol. Love the vehicle but 3 weeks old 1600 miles this is ridiculous. I don't even know how there going to get it on the rollback tomorrow.
Try unplugging it, and plug it back in. I had to replace mine the other day. Here is the thread where I replaced it.
Electronic Parking Brake Handle/Light Control Module Replacement

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tried unplugging it didn't clear it. Didn't leave it disconnected for long. I wouldn't think that would matter

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tried to drive it almost pedal to the floor and nothing. And I understand with the rollback just don't see how it's good for the bronco.
Not that it matters, but the hill hold assist uses ABS brake actuators, not the E-brake. Hope you get this settled. Frustrating...

760 bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you try placing it in drive? My 22 pathfinder turns off the electronic parking brake as soon as you slide it into drive.
Worth a shot

OP
OP
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes put it in drive and tried to floor it almost. Barely moved

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) Manual Release
Activation
NOTE:
If the EPB cannot be released using the switch carry out the following procedure. If the battery is dead, jump start the battery to provide power and release the EPB using the switch.
NOTE: Typical parking brake actuator motor shown.
  1. Block the wheels and tires.
  2. Disconnect the parking brake actuator motor electrical connector.

1. Remove the bolts and parking brake actuator motor.

1. Rotate the ball screw driveshaft clockwise 360 degrees.

1. Repeat steps 2-4 on the opposite side of the vehicle.
  2. Install the parking brake actuator motors.
    Refer to: Parking Brake Actuator Motor (206-05 Parking Brake and Actuation, Removal and Installation).

Ford Bronco Parking Brake Fault Has to be Towed pbimg1

Ford Bronco Parking Brake Fault Has to be Towed pbimg2

Ford Bronco Parking Brake Fault Has to be Towed pbimg3
Sponsored

Last edited: