First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I open the door, before I start it, theres a rapid beep and a red "parking brake fault" message. which then goes away when I start the car... and I did not have the parking brake set, but maybe it sets it automatically when I park?

it happened the first day I had the car and I freaked out but it didnt happen again until today, a month later. It was frigid both times, Im up in michigan, it was like 10 degrees today.

anyone had this? I know dealers typically struggle to diagnose random issues that dont present regularly, I dont want them to start doing exploratory surgery.
Sponsored

BroncoBurgerWithCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond; Jeep Grand Chero; BMW X5M
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Ares Any update on this? I've gotten this same error twice now as well. First time was about a month ago, then again over this past weekend. Both times it went away when I started it up, and the parking brake was not on either time.

It honestly seemed like it was triggered both times by me and one of my kids opening the driver door and the rear driver side door at the exact same time, like it was an electrical pulse coming from the auto window drop. But that might have just been coincidence.

OP
OP
Ares

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Taking it to the dealer tomorrow, been getting errors more frequently lately. There's clearly something going on with the brake, I can feel a clunk in the pedal when it has the error.

OP
OP
Ares

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Ares Any update on this? I've gotten this same error twice now as well. First time was about a month ago, then again over this past weekend. Both times it went away when I started it up, and the parking brake was not on either time.

It honestly seemed like it was triggered both times by me and one of my kids opening the driver door and the rear driver side door at the exact same time, like it was an electrical pulse coming from the auto window drop. But that might have just been coincidence.
Dealer apparently found a ssc(?) Something like that, i guess its a known possible issue that presents with a brake fault. If that's the issue, it's a bad/loose connecter. They will troubleshoot and I'll find out in a few days.

Luckily they actually put me into a rental for the interim. I'll update when it's finished

Sponsored

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm months away from receiving my car but I've already read handful posts in regards to this issue. I hope they fix it over the update or do a recall soon.

BroncoBurgerWithCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond; Jeep Grand Chero; BMW X5M
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dealer apparently found a ssc(?) Something like that, i guess its a known possible issue that presents with a brake fault. If that's the issue, it's a bad/loose connecter. They will troubleshoot and I'll find out in a few days.

Luckily they actually put me into a rental for the interim. I'll update when it's finished
Thank you, yes please keep me posted.

Pokey

Outer Banks
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

mine has shown the fault message 3 times in the last month.

OP
OP
Ares

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
this was the conclusion. You can see the SSM 50148 they reference, but it will take a few days to see if the error is really fixed
Ford Bronco parking brake fault when I get in the car?  happened twice now 20220216_170039

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I open the door, before I start it, theres a rapid beep and a red "parking brake fault" message. which then goes away when I start the car... and I did not have the parking brake set, but maybe it sets it automatically when I park?

it happened the first day I had the car and I freaked out but it didnt happen again until today, a month later. It was frigid both times, Im up in michigan, it was like 10 degrees today.

anyone had this? I know dealers typically struggle to diagnose random issues that dont present regularly, I dont want them to start doing exploratory surgery.
happened to me twice so far since August ... both times i was distracted checking my emails and the car was idling for 5 minutes or so ... E-brake came on and would not go away .... turned the car off both times and waited a minute ... when i fired it up the warning was gone but it was REALLY hard to get the gear out of park and when i did i heard a loud thump ... hasnt happened in a month or so

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is also this Brake System SSM for those with the 2.3:

SSM 50314 - 2021 Bronco - 2.3L - Illuminated Brake Warning Lamp And/Or Brake System Warning Message – DTC P050F Set In The ABS Module And Firm Brake Pedal

Some 2021 Bronco vehicles equipped with the 2.3L engine may exhibit a red brake warning lamp and/or brake system warning message in the instrument panel cluster (IPC) with a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P050F in the anti-lock brake system(ABS) module and a firm brake pedal. This may be due to contamination in a brake booster vacuum line. To correct this condition, replace the vehicle's vacuum hose (MB3Z-2420-A). Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 206-09 for installation instructions. For claiming, use casual part 2420.

OP
OP
Ares

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Update, 3 days later, I got the full error again, so whatever they did to "secure the connector" did not do it.

4XMORE

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Update, 3 days later, I got the full error again, so whatever they did to "secure the connector" did not do it.
Ask them to replace the parking brake button. It’s likely shorting itself.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Went in for an oil change and tire rotation and when i opened the door alarms started going off…they’re looking into it now.

6FFFB44B-5BE2-4E1F-B6C1-082BB46573F9.jpeg

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update on mine…got it back today. They replaced the brake switch. It works, no alarms. However i noticed the weird noise it normally does when engaging and disengaging disappeared…is that a bad thing?

8C710389-7834-473E-9D9E-E004E5538DFE.jpeg
Sponsored