First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Mustang; '18 Edge Sport; '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just happened to me this morning as well. No record of it in the app….but I snagged a picture. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Sponsored

Kodbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got this message tonight. Car has 8000 miles

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are people getting this fault using the parking brake regularly? I park on an incline, put trans in neutral, engage parking brake, release brake pedal to allow vehicle to sit on parking brake, push brake pedal and shift to park. 🤷‍♂️

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are people getting this fault using the parking brake regularly? I park on an incline, put trans in neutral, engage parking brake, release brake pedal to allow vehicle to sit on parking brake, push brake pedal and shift to park. 🤷‍♂️
lol, no. For me the error come up randomly sitting in the car while the engine is off.

It has happened to me 4 times. I've been sitting in the car while the engine is off. A few clicks and clunks at driver's foot well . Start the car, then error pops up. I don't use parking brake often.

• Wow
Reactions: 0ne

BadBronc22

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 WJ Jeep GC limted, 2013 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also don't use the parking brake much at all but this has now happened to me twice in the last month. Opened driver door normally and ...bam!

• Sad

Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Add me to the list. Got the error twice in the last week when opening the driver's door (not yet started). I never use the parking break. Will contact dealer if I get it again. Only 3,370 miles.

• Sad

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Add me to the list. Got the error twice in the last week when opening the driver's door (not yet started). I never use the parking break. Will contact dealer if I get it again. Only 3,370 miles.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got this error yesterday on my 2023 Badlands with 1000K on the clock. If it becomes an issue I will take it in I guess. I hate these issue since the dealer will probably not be able to "duplicate" the issue sonce its so random.

I am not even sure where the parking brake button is - :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Guess i will look at the manual!

RaffyTaffy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got my Badlands 2 weeks ago and got this message this week, unreal.. car has less than 500miles…

Mesaage seems to have gone away on it’s own, and things seems to be functioning. I do use the ebrake a lot, especially on my drive way (put it on neutral first etc.)

OP
OP
Ares

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Got my Badlands 2 weeks ago and got this message this week, unreal.. car has less than 500miles…

Mesaage seems to have gone away on it’s own, and things seems to be functioning. I do use the ebrake a lot, especially on my drive way (put it on neutral first etc.)
year and a half later, its happened a handful more times, but no apparent ill affects, you can just turn the car off and back on to clear it all. Im just ignoring it unless something escalates or theres a TSB/Recall with a known fix. I dont need the dealer taking anything apart trying to troubleshoot it on my car.

Sponsored

StevieV

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been having this issue as well. Just took it to the dealer and apparently the connector got damaged will driving (might have hit a log on the trail :censored:) wanting to charge me over $800 to fix it. Told them not going to happen, I don't even use the parking brake. Now they are telling me they are able to get the connector back in but will be a $200 diagnostic fee since this was a damaged item not a warranty item....bye ford points...

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX; Tesla M3; BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Adding my experience to the list. Same as most people here: started about three or four weeks ago and has has happened twice. Came on and went away; the parking brake was not engaged either time. Parking brake otherwise seems to operate normally.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Happened to me 3 days after driving it off the lot, bought it labor day. They found a bunch of other system failures too, along with a leaking front axle. I’m told they need to replace a ‘command module’. It’s weird the fault messages don’t show in my app. Truck and parking brake seem to work fine so not sure what the parking brake failure message is all about.

Hopefully once the parts are in that’s all the bad luck I have with this thing.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got an idea... it appears this error is directly related to people who don't use the parking brake.

The transmission is not a parking brake.

• Love

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got it this morning. E-Brake is used every time except in the garage. 900 miles on the clock.
Sponsored