Popping noise grommets needed

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, I have received feedback that my popping and squeaking noises are likely due to the roof panel post knocking against the side of the whole they go in which is a known thing with jeeps. It was suggested ford missed or cheaped out on this and that I can use some foam padding of some sort to to stop noises. If this is the case I have to believe there is an actual product designed for this, some kind of washer or grommet or low profile/thin rubber sleeve that fits over the posts. Any insight out there?
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There's about a million threads on this. People have used rubber caps, washers, electrical tape, heat shrink, candy wrappers...

Have not seen any thing specifically marketed for the Bronco roof.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I have received feedback that my popping and squeaking noises are likely due to the roof panel post knocking against the side of the whole they go in which is a known thing with jeeps. It was suggested ford missed or cheaped out on this and that I can use some foam padding of some sort to to stop noises. If this is the case I have to believe there is an actual product designed for this, some kind of washer or grommet or low profile/thin rubber sleeve that fits over the posts. Any insight out there?
Bronco Wild Outdoors has a YouTube video showing his fix. Heat shrink tuning. My top was creaking and I did the fix this afternoon and no more creaking sounds.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford released a service bulletin on the issue (it's floating around in one of the threads on the hardtops) that calls for applying a silicone lubricant on the guide pins on the MIC roof (where they go into the metal bracket and clamp down).

EDIT: Here's some info on it
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...und-issue-how-to-diy-video.36523/post-1309719

TSB 22-2070 was released on 2/28/22 to address "Squeak and/or Rattle from Roof" on both hard and soft top Broncos.

The fix is to pinpoint the source of the noise and then apply Krytox grease to the offending latch hook, locator pin, and/or roof seals as needed.

the Ford part number for a tube of Krytox is 164-R4906. It has also been included in the Ford service "Squeak & Rattle" kit for at least 20 years if not longer.

Krytox - Wikipedia

Sponsored

Last edited: