Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just looked on auto trader and Broncos are starting to show up. I knew dealers and individuals would take advantage of demand, but $20k markup is ridiculous.
Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just looked on auto trader and Broncos are starting to show up. I knew dealers and individuals would take advantage of demand, but $20k markup is ridiculous.
Hey, if the $20K markup is ridiculous, no one will pay it. If it's not ridiculous, someone will. It's not taking advantage if someone wants it enough to pay it. No guns to heads here. It's really that simple.

Last edited:
OP
OP
napenn78

napenn78

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey, if the $20K markup is ridiculous, no one will pay it. If it's not ridiculous, someone will. It's not taking advantage of someone wants it enough to pay it. No guns to heads here. It's really that simple.
That’s true, I suppose I should have said it is remarkable. And yes, if somebody pays it, then that’s the worth to that individual. I got no beef with making a dollar, as long as my dealer doesn’t screw me to get the same profit.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s true, I suppose I should have said it is remarkable. And yes, if somebody pays it, then that’s the worth to that individual. I got no beef with making a dollar, as long as my dealer doesn’t screw me to get the same profit.
Agreed! Dealers flipping customer orders because some signature wasn't given on some order form is appalling! Glad my dealer is my 1st cousin! 🙂

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey, if the $20K markup is ridiculous, no one will pay it. If it's not ridiculous, someone will. It's not taking advantage if someone wants it enough to pay it. No guns to heads here. It's really that simple.
Obviously. I think people understand the price will be what the market can bare. Whether people like/don't like a given situation is something else.

For my part, I typically don't much like when big spenders move in, or the persons who facilitate them, because they tend to price other folks out of the market. In particular, big spenders who buy things for a sort of fake usage, kind of annoy me, lol. But it is what it is.
Sponsored