Sponsored

Newbie question - on why there are so many used Broncos on AutoTrader.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What recalls? The only thing I've had done other than oil changes is the well known light switch TSB. Have not gotten any recall notices...
I have 2 recalls on my ‘22 2 door. There is a windshield adhesion recall which I am ignoring. You never ever replace or take the windshield out if you can help it. I think it’s a bigger safety hazard than leaving it as is. My other recall is on a part of the entertainment system. My SA told me that if “my” part is bad, the replacement is on back order and you have to drive around with no SYNC, basically a dark, non-functioning screen. I’ll get that replaced when the replacement item is actually in stock.
Sponsored

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agree on that. There’s a segment of people who thought they were getting a 4X4 Telluride. Never forget it’s a Ranger with a removable top and doors. Wouldn’t trade mine for anything.
Ditto. I love mine and I am an old lady. I drove 2 before I ordered mine and knew about the noise. mMy friend and I were in Ottawa on Monday. Down town in the Uof o campus for a doc appointment. We got out and a man and his wife came buzzing over. He asked us, among other things, "do you ladies do a lot of off-roading?" We had a good laugh and said that we did not do a lot, but I drove though a lot of snow drifts and I loved every moment of driving it. My friend does not drive and we often ditch her husband and take off. LOL

TSGibbs

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Colorado, GSXR 750, Scott Genius
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe because:
-delivered with a punctured seat cover that took 4 months for dealership to get a replacement, which the first one ordered was incorrect
- sounds system is pathetic and Ford speakers and mounting are stupidly cheap
-back window glass suddenly, and without warning, explodes into a tiny million pieces.
- takes 2 1/2weeks to rebuild a manual transmission
-said rebuilt transmission is grinding 3 rd gear horrendously
-plastic tops delaminating
....shall I go on?????

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe because:
-delivered with a punctured seat cover that took 4 months for dealership to get a replacement, which the first one ordered was incorrect
-back window glass suddenly, and without warning, explodes into a tiny million pieces.
....shall I go on?????
All of this happened to yours or is this a collection from the forum? This sounds insane

TSGibbs

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Colorado, GSXR 750, Scott Genius
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes.
All on my Bronco, except the delaminating top.
I have had electrical gremlins intermittently also. Radio volume control doesn't work for a period of time, screen goes off for a few seconds. All sporadically.

Sponsored

GeoBig

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco, 1974 MG Midget
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe because:
....shall I go on?????
Dang, and I've never had a singe issue with mine. :unsure:

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think there are many reasons, some people are just taking advantage of the market and making a quick buck or two but market is closing quickly with higher interest rates on cars and supplies increasing, and then some just got caught up in all the hype and realized that just because they added leather and a lux package that this was some type of American Land Rover which it is not. It is a 4wd on a frame and everything that comes with it both good and bad. I will be keeping mine Thank you

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I bought my current home 20 years ago, the finance person asked if I might be interested in an ARM when finalizing the paperwork. I looked her in the eye and asked her to explain why the hell I would want to do that (rate was around 5% at the time of purchase, which I refinanced twice before paying it off in '21). She got a little flustered and said they have to ask everyone. Predators.

A coworker learned about ARMs the hard way.
they ardent "predators" they're a business looking to maximize income like every other business. They didn't make you get an ARM, they offered it as an option. They're risky, but so is life.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is a windshield adhesion recall which I am ignoring. You never ever replace or take the windshield out if you can help it. I think it’s a bigger safety hazard than leaving it as is.
@Plala please elaborate? I’m assuming badly cracked windshields are the exception but I’m curious what you know/are thinking on this subject. Thx

Peter_benton

Raptor
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Escalade V, SL63
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As others stated. And will add. Can’t afford the payment for the new cool vehicle they had to have. Or the Bronco is not as much a luxury ride they had hoped for. Louder than most vehicle regardless of which top it has. I don’t care. It’s a blast!
I'm contemplating a Bronco or a 4 Runner TRD. Given the fact that people order a Bronco and wait years to get there's - when you go on auto trader there are hundreds of used ones for sale.

What are some opinions on why there are so many used ones available - thanks!
I ordered my outer banks anti matter blue with SAS to replace my gladiator.. got it new in 2021 and just bought a raptor so selling mine (3k orig miles)

gladiator was great but wanders all over the road. Bronco is so fun, not my daily driver but the best for the beach.

raptor is a little more awesome and looks like a beast.

Love these broncos. only thing i'd trade it in for is a V8 Bronco!

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't forget, depending on where you hang your hat, the price of license tags are very costly.
California is killing me for stickers on my B-WT :( I love my Bronco, just got to move out Cali....
Sponsored