Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those tops really are the Achilles heel in an otherwise great truck. Glad he didn't mince words and simply said it's not good.

As excited as I am for my Bronco to be built in December, I would feel almost a sense of relief if Ford announced another pause while they worked on MIC 2.5 or 3.0.
Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford needs to allow the BesTop fastbacks on 2 &4 doors from the factory - no other junk Ford tops to clutter garage. Aftermarket will come up with insulation for soft top for out of top-down season.
Agreed. If they offered the soft top I'd jump on it and get a hard top later from someone besides Ford. Ford has proven they can't make these tops and it sucks to be stuck with it since I won't budge on the 2DR.

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like a 315/70/17 KO2 Load C All-terrain weighs 65lbs while the Mud-terrain comes in at 75lbs. Goodyear Territory (sasquatch) tire is listed at 52lbs according to Tire Rack. That's quite a bit of savings in rotational mass
The Territory weight is crazy to me for a Load C. Maybe I will look into getting this tire in 285/70/17 since its only 45 lbs, that's 2 lbs lighter then a Toyo Open Country AT3 SL wtf!

Last edited:

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like a 315/70/17 KO2 Load C All-terrain weighs 65lbs while the Mud-terrain comes in at 75lbs. Goodyear Territory (sasquatch) tire is listed at 52lbs according to Tire Rack. That's quite a bit of savings in rotational mass
The 285/70-17 KO2's are 51 lbs. - mystery solved - caution, that is probably the max weight for factory bearings etc. - do not forget to put OEM's back on before going in for for warranty work.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I have to listen to another moron call the auxiliary switches "ox switches", someone is surely going to die.
They might as well refer to the Sasquatch options as "SAS" too 😜💩

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wish they would switch the 2 door top to a soft top. You see them at the Bronco Off-Roadeo. The price of a true off road capable Bronco starts at $38,180 (base 2 door, sas), lets see Jeep, Toyota, Land Cruiser...meet that!
4 door Wrangler Willys with Extreme Recon package should be 40,930 according to Car and Driver, placing the 2 door about where you’re describing. They did lol

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

4 door Wrangler Willys with Extreme Recon package should be 40,930 according to Car and Driver, placing the 2 door about where you’re describing. They did lol
Right now you cannot build it on the Jeep site. The 4 door Willies without lockers, without
Right now you cannot build it on the Jeep site. The one you can build - 4 door Willies without lockers, without LED, white paint is $41,215 (without the extreme recon and still without lockers). I doubt that they are going to lower prices on Wranglers

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know the weight of the wrangler territory 35” tires? Could it be the KO2 weighs more and maxes out the gvwr?

35” ko2’s look to be about 65lbs.
Wheel and tire 87.5 lbs, that is an FE rim.

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wheel and tire 87.5 lbs, that is an FE rim.
Yeah, I saw that in the video earlier today. I was wondering on tire weight only.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That Rapid Red color looks good on the review model, considering ordering that color.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great review on YouTube by Autotrader on the 2-door Badlands non-sasquatch.

Pros
  • Great Looks, nice cabin, and cool options
  • Good on-road presence. Better than Wrangler
  • Amazing crawling ability
  • Good cabin space and storage. Better than Defender and Wrangler
Cons
  • Top is not good. Too loud/squeaky
  • Rev counter could be improved. Prefer analog over digital
  • Pricing is expensive (before ADM's)
Other comments
  • Badlands non-sasquatch comes with 33” KO2’s. Why didn’t ford equip Sasquatch model with 35” versions? Comments at 3:29 in video
  • "This is a very very good machine"
I think some are expecting a removable top itself made of removable panels to be as quiet and refined as a fixed roof stamped as part of the body structure. Not going to happen. Its not that way on Jeeps and its not going to be that way on Bronco.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I have to listen to another moron call the auxiliary switches "ox switches", someone is surely going to die.
They might as well refer to the Sasquatch options as "SAS" too 😜💩
Your being a little Sus.
Sponsored