Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r
man I am laughing so hard at this..
I’m with you though; it’s weird. In my Golf R, it had a “Soundaktor” that made an additional vibration at the base of the windshield; it had a very aggravating noice to it occasionally. But overall, the sound of the
“engine” was phenomenal in that car. Deep too.
funny. that was the first thing i turned off on my R

TXRancher

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Clubs

The new mustangs use a sound tube that brings in intake noise. No clue if it’s similar to the bronco. But there are plenty cheap sound tube deletes for people that don’t like the sound.
never heard of this....but mustang forums certainly anoint this as a "thing". Thanks
The Scion/Subaru/Toyota 86 has a sound tube running from the air intake, after the air filter but before the engine and runs into the cabin by the feet of the passenger.

I would much prefer actual engine noise over something through a speaker but I would be happiest with no added sound.

BeerForMyHorses

First Name
Jared
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla Hybrid
Clubs

The new mustangs use a sound tube that brings in intake noise. No clue if it’s similar to the bronco. But there are plenty cheap sound tube deletes for people that don’t like the sound.
So I was also today years old when I learned about fake engine noise through the speakers.

... But I don't think I need to hear it before I decide if I like it or not... It's more the principle of the matter. Why would I want fake engine noise?!

On topic: thanks Op for the write-up. If I wasn't dead set on getting a manual, I'd be excited for the 2.7

SpursFan

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne
Clubs

the only reason people probably even caught on to it was in upgrading the audio system, beyond that 99.5% wouldn't even know there was generated sound. Virtually every manufacture does it and has been for a decade, in Ford it can be turned off with forscan.

edgeflyer

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
You can easily turn it off with Forscan. If you didn't know about it, you would say "This thing actually sounds decent for a 4 banger". It's not like putting in a mixtape of a monster truck rally.

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
As someone who drives the 2.7 daily in my '19 F150, I can't recommend this engine enough. Very fun to drive even in my Super Crew.. This is my 3rd 150 with it and no issues with any of them. It is a must for me in my Bronco.
what’s your real world experience with gas mileage (vs published) on the 2.7? I know it’s not going to be exact but helps to have a good starting point.

jaspercasidino

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M3, 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hydrocarbons must be burned for the sound to be true! My ears can tell the difference!

For real though, I just unplugged a harness in my RS and the sound was gone. It was fine either way. I think I left it off because it was quieter. My M3 has “active sound” which is BMW’s branding. What does it matter if the sound is “fake” if it sounds good? You guys crack me up! Just give it a try and see how it suits you.

Semi-on topic: I can’t wait for my 2.7 Bronco! Thanks for the read!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma, 2016 Camaro, 2018 Indian
Clubs

I can't even imagine why I would want fake engine noises from my vehicle. I've got some that I run pretty loud exhausts on. I'm sure my neighbors hate when I come home at 6:30AM on my bike, cause it ain't quiet either. I have never, ever, wanted fake engine noises though. Stuff like this I just have to shake my head and mutter something about damn kids.

Really, this just seems stupid. Fake engine noises. Hopefully my tires will drown out most of it and my tinnitus will take care of the rest.

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Clubs

Yes sir - some vehicles (I believe some models of BMW) have an option to turn it off.
but yeah, typically its piped through the radio speakers (most of which in Ford's are garbage from China now) and it doesn't matter if music is on or off.
There’s got to be a way to turn in off.

s_white21

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150
what’s your real world experience with gas mileage (vs published) on the 2.7? I know it’s not going to be exact but helps to have a good starting point.
I get around 19.5 mpg overall. I drive 50/50 hwy and city.

Advertisement

Wide Open Roads

Advertisement