First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Y, 2012 BMW 335is vert
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Read through a LOT of comments here. If I was going to rock crawl, RSE power steps seem like the play. Little spendy.

unlike the 21 22 guys early on, there are a lot of seemingly great options now.

i will definitely want to be on trails, but unlikely to be tackling anything with large boulders or crazy terrain for now.

decided first mod will be mud flaps. Maybe even in the dealer parking lot.. lol.

PPF after that.

would like to get steps ordered since it appears mine shipped today.

At our around 1k to 1,500 for AMP, RC or Rhino. Any feedback from people who are running any of these?

If I can get rough country ones for a grand… are those a no brainer out of these three?

anyone who installed power steps regret going that route?

I really love the look of the AR ones, just not power steps, and after springing for oem rock rails and 1700 for the AR steps… might as well just buy the RSE ones!
Sponsored

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't get the AMP "extreme" powersteps, I did and wish I hadn't. Waste of money, you don't need two motors for each side. I do like that they tuck up nicely when retracted and that's why I chose them over the rock slide steps but I'm kind of second guessing that decision now.
If I had to do over I'd probably go with the rock slide steps. Second would be the rough country steps. Pretty much the same thing as the AMP steps but at a much nicer price.
I don't like the way the rock slide steps look but the added protection is probably worth it.

colonelburke

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve got the RC and really like them. Only thing I wish they had a was a delay like if I close my front and then go to open my back, they deploy twice. My wife has a delay on her OE boards where you can open the other door and they stay deployed. Other than that, great steps and I like them.

OP
OP
HPR23Wildling

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't get the AMP "extreme" powersteps, I did and wish I hadn't. Waste of money, you don't need two motors for each side. I do like that they tuck up nicely when retracted and that's why I chose them over the rock slide steps but I'm kind of second guessing that decision now.
If I had to do over I'd probably go with the rock slide steps. Second would be the rough country steps. Pretty much the same thing as the AMP steps but at a much nicer price.
I don't like the way the rock slide steps look but the added protection is probably worth it.
Heard and I appreciate the reply. I know the bronco is a big heavy truck already, so I am debating adding all that extra weight for the RSE when realistically I won’t be rock crawling.

i actually don’t mind the look of either one. I think the deciding factor for me will be the extra 1400 or so plus the wait time.

Sponsored

Loop4re7

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had Amp steps on my Ford F250 and have them on my Ram 2500. Never a problem. So I had Amp steps installed on my 2 Door Bronco. I highly recommend These steps. However would not be good for rock crawling.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I already had oem sliders….I love the look of these.

https://archetyperacing.com/products/ar-magnum-stirrup

but I want my dad to be able to climb in and out easily. Not sure these help enough in that
If you ever run on the rocks...just one choice RSE. I had RSE on my jeep. RSE do not tuck away or look as clean as the Amp Research. As far as functioning as an actual step, the AMP research do a better job (IMO).

The quality control/usability of the RSE is so-so. I had my RSE professionally installed by a recommended dealer. They worked fine on the driver's side...but the passenger side would often not drop down. I would have to regularly reset the steps to get the passenger side going again.

The AMP research steps are much cleaner and work flawlessly. I installed them my self (about 4 hours). Pretty easy...just time consuming. There is a video by motoroso that shows most of the steps. RealTruck owns AMP Research. I did a chat on the realtruck website and was able to negotiate a pretty good deal with the customer service rep.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Power running boards. AMP vs RC vs Rhino Image20230814151459

I had to - pulled the trigger. Appreciate the feedback guys - thank you
Be sure to post how you like them. How do they activate?

I've got the regular AMPs, 3rd set over the years. Really makes entry easy for someone older or short.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had GoRhino boards on my 4dr since early March. I absolutely love them, it has allowed my elderly Grandparents to enjoy the Bronco with me. Prior to that they couldn't get into it. It also makes removing/installing top panels easier.

Only downside is no protection from rock chips that the fixed boards provided. Installed longer front flaps to help prevent more.

Ford Bronco Power running boards. AMP vs RC vs Rhino 20230328_202404

Sponsored
OP
OP
HPR23Wildling

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Be sure to post how you like them. How do they activate?

I've got the regular AMPs, 3rd set over the years. Really makes entry easy for someone older or short.
Will do, bronco just shipped yesterday !! Starting to line up the mods now

OP
OP
HPR23Wildling

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you ever run on the rocks...just one choice RSE. I had RSE on my jeep. RSE do not tuck away or look as clean as the Amp Research. As far as functioning as an actual step, the AMP research do a better job (IMO).

The quality control/usability of the RSE is so-so. I had my RSE professionally installed by a recommended dealer. They worked fine on the driver's side...but the passenger side would often not drop down. I would have to regularly reset the steps to get the passenger side going again.

The AMP research steps are much cleaner and work flawlessly. I installed them my self (about 4 hours). Pretty easy...just time consuming. There is a video by motoroso that shows most of the steps. RealTruck owns AMP Research. I did a chat on the realtruck website and was able to negotiate a pretty good deal with the customer service rep.
Thats great intel. I already place my order with Rough Country a couple hours ago. real truck has the AMP at 1,799. I paid 999 for the RC. Any reason the AMP are better constructed or better installation? Hard to believe the $800 gap could be closed that much? Maybe you are just a great sweet talker? LOL

capn00

Heritage
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage, 2018 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The Amp steps appear to be "easier" to install because they use the OBDII port for sensing door position whereas Rough Country (and Rhino) use magnets at the doors that you have to install individually. I was in the same dilemma but decided to hold off for now. If the install piece doesn't scare you off, I think th RC steps are the better value. You get two motors per side (like the Extreme Amp steps) and free up your OBD port, and they provide the override switch as part of the kit.

I think that is a great price for that kit. I was close to pulling the trigger on the Amp SmartSeries as they were running a $250 rebate and 4X4LEDs.com has a really good price on the boards if you use their online quote feature.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run the RSE and love them. It's good to know if you bang them, they will not fold like cardboard. At 6-4.5 and 295, I can step on them and feel confident they are not going anywhere. Also, you can use the top of the slider, as a step.

As for the setup, I ended up using a stronger 3m to attach the sensors. When you get them lined up correctly, put the sensor in place, and make SURE THEY STAY IN PLACE, they work flawlessly.

If I had one complaint is that my passenger side when going up makes a clank sound. I do not mind it as much because I know when I hear that, they have retracted. Also, I like how you can switch them on and off. On the trail, I set them to off, so I know they will not come down.

I had AMP on my Harley and they were nice. I just did not like using the OBDII port with it. Rolling Big Thunder was another nice step I had for my Black-Ops F150, it used the door sensors, and I did it myself.

For the Bronco, if you're not going to go through anything you need a slider for, then AMP or the others are good. Even if you do not do any of it, I still feel the RSE is the better option because it also gives you side protection, as well as stops rocks from hitting the doors.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thats great intel. I already place my order with Rough Country a couple hours ago. real truck has the AMP at 1,799. I paid 999 for the RC. Any reason the AMP are better constructed or better installation? Hard to believe the $800 gap could be closed that much? Maybe you are just a great sweet talker? LOL
I paid $1500. This was when AMP Research and RSE were the only game in town. And the Amp Research were in short supply.

$1000 is a smoking deal! The Amp Research uses the obd plug...which is nice. The only hard part on install was using a positap to tap into a wire up under the dash board. I was all contorted to get to tap the tiny wire under the dash. I droped the positap, but was lucky to find it.

I am sure you will be happy with the RC...they are all probably made in the same factory in china!

I am sure there are videos with installs for the RC?
Sponsored