rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands SAS, 2017 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ended up with the AMP steps and the wife loves them. Great for kids too. The only caveat I had to change was the way that their 3-way override switch operates. Middle position is normal operation with the doors. Up and down will only hold them in that position for 30mins though, then they return to normal mode no matter what position you left the switch in. I rewired power to the controller to their switch so I can kill them in whatever position I currently have them in. So now up/down is off and middle position is on. No need for them to be going up/down just to grab something out of the vehicle, or when I'm driving it solo since I don't need the steps to get in and out.
Sponsored

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As for the setup, I ended up using a stronger 3m to attach the sensors. When you get them lined up correctly, put the sensor in place, and make SURE THEY STAY IN PLACE, they work flawlessly.
What tape did you use out of curiosity? Waiting for the weather to cool off a bit to install mine. I'll make sure I have some on hand.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What tape did you use out of curiosity? Waiting for the weather to cool off a bit to install mine. I'll make sure I have some on hand.
I used a 3M tape, I am sorry I do not have the numbers, but it is Green and White, clear, and thick. I will try to hunt down the exact one later today.

ctm14

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 White Badlands 2-door, 2020 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi,

I just ordered the RC power steps. I read some some install videos and noticed wires being fished under carpet. I have a 2 door badlands with the rubber wash out flooring and rubber floor liners. Will I be able to hide the electrical connections or is this going to be an ugly look?

Thanks for any install directions or tips.

OP
OP
HPR23Wildling

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Y, 2012 BMW 335is vert
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi,

I just ordered the RC power steps. I read some some install videos and noticed wires being fished under carpet. I have a 2 door badlands with the rubber wash out flooring and rubber floor liners. Will I be able to hide the electrical connections or is this going to be an ugly look?

Thanks for any install directions or tips.
Sorry, I just put in for a return on the RC steps. I never even had them out of the box.

My buddy gave me the oem rock rails of his badlands. I put in a return on the power steps and placed an order for these instead. They are just too pretty for words. 😲
IMG_2561.png

Sponsored

meh

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You get two motors per side (like the Extreme Amp steps) and free up your OBD port, and they provide the override switch as part of the kit
Does this mean I couldn’t use a jb4 also?

capn00

Heritage
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage, 2018 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Does this mean I couldn’t use a jb4 also?
With the RC steps, you would still be able to use anything that connects to the OBD port. The AMP steps use the OBD port so you would need a splitter to use anything else.

ptgptg

Outer Banks
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was about to pull the trigger on the RC's after going back and forth on the AMP ones, but at more than double the price, I cannot justify the price. However, in reading and reading and reading, I have a question: What happens if I take the doors off? Do either the RC or AMP steps continue to work? IF not as I assume, what do you do?

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I was about to pull the trigger on the RC's after going back and forth on the AMP ones, but at more than double the price, I cannot justify the price. However, in reading and reading and reading, I have a question: What happens if I take the doors off? Do either the RC or AMP steps continue to work? IF not as I assume, what do you do?
The Rough Country (RC) steps come with a which that lets you set them up or down if the doors are off.
I just installed mine yesterday.
Ford Bronco Power running boards. AMP vs RC vs Rhino 1705425431034

RC has a add-on button for when you take the door off - you can push the button to drop the slider down/up.

https://rockslideengineering.com/product/door-delete-kit-bronco/
Did you mean RSE not RC?

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Rough Country (RC) steps come with a which that lets you set them up or down if the doors are off.
I just installed mine yesterday.
Ford Bronco Power running boards. AMP vs RC vs Rhino 1705425431034

Did you mean RSE not RC?
You are correct - my mistake. Will update my post.

ptgptg

Outer Banks
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@mjcutri-- How difficult was the install? Mechanically, I feel comfortable. Electrically, I'm a novice.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The install is pretty straight forward, both mechanically and electrically.
Mechanically it mostly just bolts on.
Electrically, it's mostly plug & play. Everything is labeled well.

The toughest parts of the install for me were:

1. That on the rear hole for the rear bracket, Ford's impeccable assembly misaligned the pre-punched holes in the sheet metal, leaving the hole too small for the M10 bolt. Instead of just going to get my drill and making it the right size, I was lazy and tried to force the bolt through by turning it with my ratchet and ended up cross-threading the bracket. 🤦‍♂️ Fortunately I had an M10 tap on hand and an M10 nut to clean up the threads on the bolt, so I was able to fix it, but it cost me a couple hours.

2. Running the wire to the passenger side for the magnet is a total PIA for a 2-door. I had to pull off the rear interior panels on both sides to get under the carpet to fish the wire across.

I really like them and they make it easier to get into and MUCH easier to get out of the Bronco now. Just curious how well they will hold up, since they are a RC product...

Ford Bronco Power running boards. AMP vs RC vs Rhino 1705444342173

Ford Bronco Power running boards. AMP vs RC vs Rhino 1705444350415

ptgptg

Outer Banks
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very nice looking truck and I do really like the power steps and thanks for the information. What is sasquatch carrying?
Sponsored