Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have to agree with the above comments, they do help alot for protecting but mine will be coming off asap. I will throw some rock rails on there
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will be opting in to a set of AMP Powersteps for my OBX. These "tubes" are more like scaffolding IMO. No thank you!
I'd prefer the Amp research, but I'm fine with these. It's actually one of the reasons I chose Outer Banks. I've always liked step boards and bars back when it was a real chore to try and add them to a vehicle. Back then, virtually nobody offered direct bolt on kits.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My main two issues with the OBX are the steps and the wheels. Throw the optional badlands or black diamond wheels on it and some better steps and it would be perfect.
I'm fine with the steps, but wouldn't mind different wheels.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Every time I see this pic

18D30076-666B-4A7F-99FF-EAFA9DEA9E46.jpeg

I think of this

42036066-4BE8-46DC-94A7-677ED0D911DA.jpeg
The description from Ford refers to being tubular......I have seen those, they are round and of a traditional off road vehicle style and I accept those, but everything I have seen looks like traditional running boards, which are not acceptable....and likely removed

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those running boards ruin the truck. Horrible.

Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The description from Ford refers to being tubular......I have seen those, they are round and of a traditional off road vehicle style and I accept those, but everything I have seen looks like traditional running boards, which are not acceptable....and likely removed
They are most likely to be a rectangular tube. I had some real tubes on my 97 explorer and they looked better.

As for the 18 inch rims, I actually like the look of the rims themselves and they leave me the option of going with a larger tire down the road. A casual lift kit and I think it would look great.

camnut

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My main two issues with the OBX are the steps and the wheels. Throw the optional badlands or black diamond wheels on it and some better steps and it would be perfect.
Exactly what i want to do also!

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are most likely to be a rectangular tube. I had some real tubes on my 97 explorer and they looked better.

As for the 18 inch rims, I actually like the look of the rims themselves and they leave me the option of going with a larger tire down the road. A casual lift kit and I think it would look great.
As much as I wish a 33" option were available, I'm going to take the Sasquatch Pckg to get the larger tire and gearing package. I feel its worth spending the money to have it all done right.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am really torn now. My wife likes the look of the Sasquatch and the OBX. I will end up in FE pricing soon (I love the OB/Sasquatch look and really only don’t care about the front locker. But I will take it for the larger axle.)

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My experience as well -- the side steps on my Raptor have prevented door dings from the self absorbed (have been able to watch them in action on a couple of occasions).
I have seen people do this to my Jeep! I was at the mall (big surprise) and some guy absolutely smoked my rock slider with his door. actually put a small C shaped dent in it and he lost his mind. Luckily I was walking out towards my car and not just getting out so I didn't have to deal with him and just waited until he left.

Some people just need to pay attention... but when they don't, at least we can get heavy aftermarket rock sliders to save us from door dings at the mall :LOL:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is good news for me.. I can't seem to part my current car (only 2 years old) without some trash hitting it and putting in a ding.

I was just talking with the Family on how I hope Rails will protect my doors.... knowing that it should help... AND damage their doors instead... well that is just the ?
Sponsored