First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 Silverado, Q5Audi, S5Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for all the response. Turned out to be a good Step photo gallery.
Sponsored

Hoss360

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got these Clambers... don't know if I'd reccomend them as sliders, but they work great as steps
https://a.co/d/fOqXE2W

20230204_161938.jpg

Gpoll123

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do these cover the pinch weld? Do you happen to have a close-up picture from the side?
Covers majority of pinch weld, also since itā€™s all black itā€™s even harder to see.

Ford Bronco Running Boards Steps Pics Needed 4B883EDC-D31A-4AD4-B4A7-A3077B3FCAD7

Sponsored
OP
OP

Steelcover

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello All: First offā€¦.. Sincere apologies for my delay in replying/updating the post. Everyone was very responsive when I ask for pic and there's no excuse for me not updating sooner.

That Said! I went with the ā€œAMP Research Powerstep Smart Series Running Board for 2021+ Ford Broncoā€. My First and Last Purchase from 4x4TruckLED.

Review: Initial delivery not good, the box was severely damaged, probably by the freight forwarder, but some items inside the box seemed to be opened before. Exhibit: pic of the harness part number on a folded Post-it and boxed taped to the loom ā˜¹.

Next when installing the linkage and boards. The boards extended back into the rear mud/rock deflector (Pic). It required minor trimming of these items, no big deal. But there was to be no modification needed with this product install. There was also an issues with the boards and body being parallel, a call to AMP Tech support and quick adjustment corrected this. Next I started the wiring. Iā€™m a little anal when comes to installing aftermarket items, wanting everything to look as factory as possible. So wires were positioned nicely or routed with factory harness when possible.

Step 16 is where it started to get interesting. ā€œLocate the 2 purple wiresā€. Opening the AMP wire loom and not finding the wires, along with the vagueness of the instructions, lead me to think maybe it was the factory wiring that held the purple wiring. After exhausting all options (more than an hour), I spent another hour+ on the phone with AMP convincing them the instructions were wrong. Finally, they confirmed NO PURPLE WIRESā€ ! I was disappointed to see several months the online instructions have not been updated.
Besides connecting the OBD wires, which was a little challenging, the remainder of the install as good. Now for the operation of the boards. They seemed to make excessive noise when retracting. Over the next two weeks I communicated with AMP send videos, receiving recommendations and making adjustments, attempting to quiet the sound with only minor success. For the most part our passengers do not really notices it..... UNLESS itā€™s a car person, then ā€œWhat was that!ā€ when they retract. Guess I have grown to accept it now.

I will leave with these comments.
  • The Steps are good, solid and sturdy. They deploy and retract very quickly, unlike my factory 2021 Chevy Silverado steps.
  • They tuck nicely along the body and can hardly be noticed when retracted. Looking and allowing higher ground clearance.
  • AMP was extremely helpful and responsive. Always the same person addressing my concerns or calling me back. It was helpful not having to describe the issues again and again to a new person. He was on point and up to date on the recommendations when we communicated.
  • In the end, they offered to put in a warranty call for any part I felt may help lessen the double pop, but since both sides acted the same and we were able to equally reduce both to about the same level, I didnā€™t feel a need to exchange parts. AMP also offered a refund if I was still dissatisfied, which Iā€™m ok with the steps so no need to return.
  • 4x4TruckLED ā€“ no comment

IMG_1549.JPEG

IMG_1551.JPEG

Step 16.JPG

image0.jpeg

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hello All: First offā€¦.. Sincere apologies for my delay in replying/updating the post. Everyone was very responsive when I ask for pic and there's no excuse for me not updating sooner.

That Said! I went with the ā€œAMP Research Powerstep Smart Series Running Board for 2021+ Ford Broncoā€. My First and Last Purchase from 4x4TruckLED.

Review: Initial delivery not good, the box was severely damaged, probably by the freight forwarder, but some items inside the box seemed to be opened before. Exhibit: pic of the harness part number on a folded Post-it and boxed taped to the loom ā˜¹.

Next when installing the linkage and boards. The boards extended back into the rear mud/rock deflector (Pic). It required minor trimming of these items, no big deal. But there was to be no modification needed with this product install. There was also an issues with the boards and body being parallel, a call to AMP Tech support and quick adjustment corrected this. Next I started the wiring. Iā€™m a little anal when comes to installing aftermarket items, wanting everything to look as factory as possible. So wires were positioned nicely or routed with factory harness when possible.

Step 16 is where it started to get interesting. ā€œLocate the 2 purple wiresā€. Opening the AMP wire loom and not finding the wires, along with the vagueness of the instructions, lead me to think maybe it was the factory wiring that held the purple wiring. After exhausting all options (more than an hour), I spent another hour+ on the phone with AMP convincing them the instructions were wrong. Finally, they confirmed NO PURPLE WIRESā€ ! I was disappointed to see several months the online instructions have not been updated.
Besides connecting the OBD wires, which was a little challenging, the remainder of the install as good. Now for the operation of the boards. They seemed to make excessive noise when retracting. Over the next two weeks I communicated with AMP send videos, receiving recommendations and making adjustments, attempting to quiet the sound with only minor success. For the most part our passengers do not really notices it..... UNLESS itā€™s a car person, then ā€œWhat was that!ā€ when they retract. Guess I have grown to accept it now.

I will leave with these comments.
  • The Steps are good, solid and sturdy. They deploy and retract very quickly, unlike my factory 2021 Chevy Silverado steps.
  • They tuck nicely along the body and can hardly be noticed when retracted. Looking and allowing higher ground clearance.
  • AMP was extremely helpful and responsive. Always the same person addressing my concerns or calling me back. It was helpful not having to describe the issues again and again to a new person. He was on point and up to date on the recommendations when we communicated.
  • In the end, they offered to put in a warranty call for any part I felt may help lessen the double pop, but since both sides acted the same and we were able to equally reduce both to about the same level, I didnā€™t feel a need to exchange parts. AMP also offered a refund if I was still dissatisfied, which Iā€™m ok with the steps so no need to return.
  • 4x4TruckLED ā€“ no comment

Ford Bronco Running Boards Steps Pics Needed 20230319_160754

Im thinking about getting the same steps, from same vendor. Thanks for the warning.

What was the resolution with the wiring, just different colors than indicated in instructions?

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since OP bought their steps, just going to add another RSE user and lover. I did have AMP's on my FF150, and I had Rolling Big Power RBP on my other F150. Both were good. I like the RSE for my Bronco because they use individual door sensors and not the OBD2 port. Also, as others have said, they are a step-on and true rock slider when closed.

Ford Bronco Running Boards Steps Pics Needed 1691005788445

Sponsored
OP
OP

Steelcover

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Im thinking about getting the same steps, from same vendor. Thanks for the warning.

What was the resolution with the wiring, just different colors than indicated in instructions?
Was told there were no purple wires in the newer board installation setup.
which these boards were the newer Bluetooth version I believe the purple wires were for the previous version, so older instruction manual. , These boards have Bluetooth capabilities Iā€™m not really sure why. I have yet to set that up and canā€™t imagine why I would need to operate the boards from my phone remotely. I also like that these operated off the OBD port. Some of the others on the market had a magnet door sensor that had to be installed in the jam of the door.

capn00

Heritage
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage, 2018 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
which these boards were the newer Bluetooth version I believe the purple wires were for the previous version, so older instruction manual. , These boards have Bluetooth capabilities Iā€™m not really sure why. I have yet to set that up and canā€™t imagine why I would need to operate the boards from my phone remotely. I also like that these operated off the OBD port. Some of the others on the market had a magnet door sensor that had to be installed in the jam of the door.
Thanks for your detailed post, as I am in the market for these steps right now.

SInce these are the newer, not purple wire boards, do you recall what color was used for the SmartSeries install?

And, I wouldn't normally be looking at the SmartSeries, but AMP is running a rebate on the their steps, and with the rebate, the SmartSeries is not much more than the regular series, and it seems as though I would gain the ability to control the steps for deployment from my phone. Washing them off is one reason, using them without doors would be another from my perspective.

They look great, I hope you are enjoying them.

OP
OP

Steelcover

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

SInce these are the newer, not purple wire boards, do you recall what color was used for the SmartSeries install?

And, I wouldn't normally be looking at the SmartSeries, but AMP is running a rebate on the their steps, and with the rebate, the SmartSeries is not much more than the regular series, and it seems as though I would gain the ability to control the steps for deployment from my phone. Washing them off is one reason, using them without doors would be another from my perspective.

Sure, just skip step 16. The wires that connect to the control can by the OBD is all you need to connect the purple were for the previous version. Also by opening the door, deploying the steps, put your foot on the step with pressure and close the door. The step will remain deployed. Opening and closing the door again returns to normal operation.

capn00

Heritage
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage, 2018 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Sure, just skip step 16. The wires that connect to the control can by the OBD is all you need to connect the purple were for the previous version. Also by opening the door, deploying the steps, put your foot on the step with pressure and close the door. The step will remain deployed. Opening and closing the door again returns to normal operation.
Great, thanks for the quick reply and good point about the manual override via step pressure.
Sponsored