Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 Silverado, Q5Audi, S5Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
RUNNING BOARDS PICS NEEDED
Just picked up our 2023 Wildtrak and wanting to install some running boards. I'm leaning towards a power step to keep the clean sideline look but selection are limited.
Was hoping that I could get a little feedback, but mostly, PICS from fellow G6'rs that have installed aftermarket steps for a better look at the 3rd party market availability and styles. When I have installed aftermarket step in the past I always find myself adding additional supports or modification to assure a good solid feeling step that I feel would hold up. Often aftermarket manufacturers target easy installation but seem to fall short on solid firm installations.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Steelcover

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 Silverado, Q5Audi, S5Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice look. High and right.
thanks

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Monstertorch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Chevy, Honda, Ducati
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Initial “Black Friday” special steps (while I waited for my long term steps
Ford Bronco Running Boards Steps Pics Needed 50FEACD5-D89C-4FC9-AA9E-4D5CB84B092B

long term steps
Ford Bronco Running Boards Steps Pics Needed FF377F5E-5AE8-4D8F-9A3A-83B0AC2CD4EB

Sponsored

josh1121

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan XD Diesel 4x4, LandRover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ended up going with the RSE deployable slider steps a week after taking delivery of my WT and I couldn’t be happier. Not very difficult install and they are great. Rock fling protection, steps the right height, lights in the steps, and they are true rock sliders. Oh, and closed they are another step to the stand on to do stuff on the roof. I have no affiliation with RSE, and paid full price after lots of research.

This is the only pic I have of it with the sliders. I can add more if you want them.
Ford Bronco Running Boards Steps Pics Needed EE64A1AF-4BF3-4764-A8A8-588C6AA3DBF1

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with aluminum steps from Greenlane Offroad in Canada. They are 36 pounds per pair on the 2 door, so about 15 pounds less than the stock steel sliders while also protecting the sides from damage.
Ford Bronco Running Boards Steps Pics Needed 51C567C5-734D-4DCF-BB8C-3652B834588F

Disciple Mike

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500, Bronco, 600RR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ended up going with the Expedition One slider steps. Definitely solid, but there’s more options out there now than when I bought these that might offer more.

Ford Bronco Running Boards Steps Pics Needed 1677559516980

Sponsored

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another vote for the RSE's. They will be one of the first mod's for the Mses. replacement OBX Wife-Squatch when it arrives late Spring.

Ford Bronco Running Boards Steps Pics Needed 1677879714496
Looks awesome and I keep coming back to these. You install yourself or have a shop do it? Also, did you put in the override switches for when the doors are off?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks awesome and I keep coming back to these. You install yourself or have a shop do it? Also, did you put in the override switches for when the doors are off?
Shop installed but I have removed the steps and re-installed them myself a couple of times and it is fairly easy. The wiring and sensors are simple enough that I will self install on my wifes when it shows up. I also relocated the sensors and added some magnets to the tube doors so the steps function when they are installed. For this reason, I did not install the manual switch for when the doors are off as I probably won't ever run that way now that I got the tube doors. However, there is a global kill switch installed to turn the steps on and off if you don't want them coming down at all.

josh1121

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan XD Diesel 4x4, LandRover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did the install by myself, it is not that hard. I did the driver side by myself with a motorcycle lift, and it was tricky to get lined up. Wife grabbed one end on the passenger side and it slid right in. So an extra set of hands will be helpful for that part. Took me about 3 1/2 hours, but I was fartin' around and cleaning mud out of the underside while doing it. I got the lights, but haven't put in the door delete yet. I will probably do that soon.

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Wildtrack Lux w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with the amp power step that looks like a slider and love them!

20221009_092336.jpg

20220920_101954.jpg

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend